Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Yeah, I explicitly let her choose on her own. 

Besides, the Kind Wayfarers are a better fit for her. She's far too good to be some nobleman's errand girl. The ducs don't deserve her. 

Edited by fgalkin
  • Like 8

Three more Critical-Role-related companion VA teases:

Xoti

Ydwin

Maia Rua

Assuming that all these are being tweeted by the Narrative Team member primarily responsible for writing the character, that has Paul Kirsch writing Maia and Tekehu, Megan Starks writing Xoti, Alexander Scokel writing Serafen and Ydwin (although he credited Kate Dollarhyde with the particular Ydwin line he quoted), and Kate Dollarhyde writing Rekke.  And all those characters being voiced by one of the CR cast. 

Edit:

And Josh adds Eothas. (Who probably isn't a companion.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

All last year me and my room mate would sit on the couch with our laptops. He often would watch Critical Role, I would often play Pillars. We'd recommend them to each other, then cordially return to what we were already interested in.

Now I see how this gap can be divided.

• Like 6

Vox Machina voices and portraits? And even Gilmore? They are way more devoted into this collaboration than I expected. Now I'm really looking forward to the next backer update.

Anyway Vox Machina is made up by 8 people(one of them, who plays a dragonborn leave the show early and probably won't be in Deadfire 2): three half elves, one humans, one goliath and two gnomes.

http://versusevil.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire_c-r/?age-verified=63d4ea3d8c

They have showed the Vox Machina portrait here(being covered by mosaics), if you konw the show you can already tell which is which.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 2

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet, and only the Tekēhu tweet.. It could mean nothing though.

Also all the characters they teasing with is male, which begs the question: are they going to hire Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson, just to let them doing some minor characters? That would be quite a waste of talent.

I'm not sure that means anything other than he likes the quote.

Apparently the Critical Role cast have been given the OK to announce which companion character(s) they voice. Liam confirmed on last night's Talks Machina that he voices Serafen and Sam confirmed that he does Rekke. If either of them voiced multiple characters like Matt then I am sure they would have announced it.

I expect the other cast members will announce their characters at the start of this Thursday's Critical Role.

Some impressions on the stream were: interior lights look wonderful, the creature design and sound design in general seem stellar, and there seem to be some neat little challenges and interactions in that dungeon and so on. The voice performances sound nice though Serafen sounds completely unlike what I expected. The one thing that concerned me, however, was the lack of an exterior location outside the dungeon that was shown - it seemed you entered the dungeon right from the world map. I hope that isn't the case for most dungeons and areas, and that we are actually able to get a more detailed look at their exterior elsewhere, as the world map hardly does much to convey the sheer splendour and presence and magnitude that these places have.

• Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Some impressions on the stream were: interior lights look wonderful, the creature design and sound design in general seem stellar, and there seem to be some neat little challenges and interactions in that dungeon and so on. The voice performances sound nice though Serafen sounds completely unlike what I expected. The one thing that concerned me, however, was the lack of an exterior location outside the dungeon that was shown - it seemed you entered the dungeon right from the world map. I hope that isn't the case for most dungeons and areas, and that we are actually able to get a more detailed look at their exterior elsewhere, as the world map hardly does much to convey the sheer splendour and presence and magnitude that these places have.

My main impression from stream - costumed dude who played the game sucked big time for someone who played the backer beta and POE1. It was painful to watch. I guess for some people Story mode will be the ceiling.  :rolleyes:

Serafen's VO was ok I guess, but I somehow expected him to sound similar to Hiravias and with a bit more swearing . Xoti sounded unexpectedly way too young, didn't quite fit her portrait.

As for dungeons, I think that's exactly how most of them will be - lots of small-ish remote locations scattered across the islands, instead of few big many layered dungeons. Not sure how to feel about that design choice yet.

• Like 1

My main impression from stream - costumed dude who played the game sucked big time for someone who played the backer beta and POE1. It was painful to watch. I guess for some people Story mode will be the ceiling.  :rolleyes:

Hey! Some of us aren't grognards and prefer playing in Aaron Rodger's mode (relaxed mode). :)

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Here's another Josh interview from Pax I just run into. Don't know if it's posted before, didn't see it in this thread. Nothing new for most of us; only interesting thing is the mention (around 6:30 I think) that there are a couple secret ships you can find. Interesting and intriguing :)

• Like 5

Just watched the full stream. What cought my attention was that Josh described empower as "once per battle resource" and all the companions had only one empower available at all time. It is not possible to see if empower got drained after use as the streamer immediately rested after the battle he used empowers in, but I wonder if empower became per-encounter resource as well.

My understanding of Empower is that no matter how many uses you have, you can only use it once in the course of a given battle. If you have 3 uses, for example, you would be able to use it once in three different battles before running out. I don’t think that has changed?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Here's another Josh interview from Pax I just run into. Don't know if it's posted before, didn't see it in this thread. Nothing new for most of us; only interesting thing is the mention (around 6:30 I think) that there are a couple secret ships you can find. Interesting and intriguing :)

I'm calling it, the main story is to find 7 secret ships to summon a Adra dragon, and control it to fight the huge statue Ethoas possessed. And that's the reason why we have to have 7 companions because each of them will control a ship during the final battle.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

My understanding of Empower is that no matter how many uses you have, you can only use it once in the course of a given battle. If you have 3 uses, for example, you would be able to use it once in three different battles before running out. I don’t think that has changed?

I'm pretty sure I used empower on one character more than once per battle in the beta and that it had limited per rest amount.

Not really from Josh as much as from Reddit, but here’s the Deadfire map from the Scavenger Hunt:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8bkval/deadfire_map_from_the_scavenger_hunt/

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus