Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Announcement Tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/982363083560628224

Wonder what it's gonna be, advanced release date ?  :p

Hmm I doubt it, although I would surely like this, since it should have come out a week ago. :D I would suggest it is something along the lines of a BTS video that sheds more light on the story maybe? I think the poster below you is on point, maybe cast members talking about their roles in this game.

I'd more interested in an enhanced version of PoE 1, like what they did with BG and BG2. Adds more content and maybe do some upgrade with some of the mechanics(less loading would be great). Otherwise I don't see the point of making an remaster version when the game's graphics is perfectly fine.

If you ask me, the best way to do it is after they finished the last game of the franchise(whether it's PoE 3 or 300), make a remastered version of all the game.

• Like 1

I’d rather have a remaster to get the same graphics as PoE II, which are vastly superior (even more so at higher resolutions than 1080p, where the first game adopts a horrible, blurry scaling algo,) and perhaps some bug fixing, but no new content. Content’s fine in PoE already (and the new content in the BG EEs is of dubious quality at best.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Good grief, Every time a RPG sequel comes out it seems like the fans want the old game remade in the new engine.

NWN is released - people want BG/Torment remade in it.

NWN2 is released - people want the NWN/BG campaign remade in it.

Fallout: New Vegas is released, people want Fallout 3 remade in it (WHY?).

Fallout 4 is released, people want Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3 (WHY?) remade in it.

Deadfire is not even out, and now people want PoE remastered in the new engine.

I know you cannot argue with taste, but honestly I would rather efforts go into making something new than to re-create something old that already runs on modern computers/OS'.

• Like 11

It's pretty easy to understand. New engine is prettier, but until one plays it, it's possible you will not like new game. You already like old game, you like new engine, you think "hey what if they stuck these two things I like together"?

Kinda like ‘Chocolate and Peanut Butter’.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

What's 'Critical Role' and are they all as good as Matt Mercer?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Given the Kickstarter "doubled" the budget for voice acting, does that also mean we'll be getting a broader selection and wider response range of character voice sets? Listening to the same response phrases over and older can get a little old.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Now they are making me think the Critical Role crew are gonna be the voice of all the 6(minus Pallegina) companions and 4 sidekicks. I can't say I have a problem with it, but for critical role fans it will definitely feel a little strange.

What's 'Critical Role' and are they all as good as Matt Mercer?

Some of them has voiced more characters than the others, but all of them are pretty decent voice actors(half of them has already in PoE 1).

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

Hmm, so they've just announced those Critical Role guys but they have done their VO work for POE2 already, right? Or I don't see how they can manage to record and edit this stuff properly in less than a month.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

*Ahem* Deadfire is an accurate historical source, for your information :p

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How silly is that they put the "dash [name]" after their quote like it's some known historical quote? :D

Not very. You'd do the same if you were quoting a fictional character as well (though you'd include the work of fiction as well as their name). How else are we supposed to know which character the quote is from?