Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/172565647456/ive-noticed-a-change-in-how-deadfires-length-is

There are two reasons.  The first is that we allocated too many screens (of area) to Neketaka.  We had a budget, but went over it to accommodate the quests that were designed for it.  In the end, Neketaka does not feel too large, but it is a nice, big city.  Cutting down the number of areas on the world map to compensate did not seem like a good option to me, as it would have made exploration much less enjoyable, so we committed to increasing the area budget overall.

April can't piss off soon enough, if you ask me.

Edited by Alot
  • Like 7

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

The symbols above the factions are probably minor factions. The icon with the 3 yellow stars on a purple background refers to a faction called "Children of the Dawnstars". The wiki unfortunately doesn't provide a source for this piece of information.

Cool. I'd guess they are people who are pro-giant statue Eothas given the name.

You know it. People see weird unexplainable stuff in the world, good chance is they gonna start worshiping organizations around it.
Could someone please photoshop some yellow stars onto this shroud?

https://media.sandiegoreader.com/img/photos/2013/01/29/cover-Heavens-Gate-Purple-Shroud.jpg

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

By the faction and companion screenshots I hope they explain the motives and backgrounds of all factions and persons you meet somewhere in a handy journal, because there is no way to keep remembering what each individual organization, companion, god etc. is all about.

It is clear that I also have to read back into the first game to get some story and world background. Does anybody know a site that does a good rundown of the lore?

The symbols above the factions are probably minor factions. The icon with the 3 yellow stars on a purple background refers to a faction called "Children of the Dawnstars". The wiki unfortunately doesn't provide a source for this piece of information.

The file name on the Children of the Downstairs image is consistent with being sourced via data mining. At this point, there is little other to learn about them besides the file name, and some secondary confirmation that it is indeed one of the known minor factions.

I'm not sure which beta those images may have been dug up from, but in the cat-and-mouse game we're playing as we dig for spoilers, they may have been removed in one of the subsequent betas.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Perfect :)

Now let’s see how many people under the age of 25 get the joke.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Now let’s see how many people under the age of 25 get the joke.

I get the reference, but then again at 33 years of age I'm positively antediluvian. Not sure I get the joke though.

eh...reference probably would have been the better word choice.

Just a real life example of what Aramintai was referring to.

• Like 1

As cults go they had the best shoes

The “Just do it” ‘shop that came out right after may have been the best #toosoon ever.
  • Like 1

I know someone who will be very excited if Eder gets to romance a blue Orlan.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Stream - Versus Evil @PAXEast :

https://www.twitch.tv/versusevil

For those interested, everyday at 12:00 pm EDT.

[Around 18:00 pm in Europe]

Very cool. Thanks!

They’re doing a dev Q&A tomorrow afternoon with Josh too, no?

Yep, but they'll do things everyday.

Sunday there's a Session with :

• Aarik Dorobiala. [Obsidian's CM]
  • Katie Postma. [stoïc's CM]

Where they'll talk about the Community, [You, Me, Everyone as a whole, etc].

Should be pretty interesting too.

Edit : Also worth noting, you can watch the Stream on Obsidian's Twitch Channel too.

If your Internet Connection can't keep up at 720p, [Versus Evil Stream is only available at this resolution].

Then head over Obsidian's Stream, that has lower Resolutions available.

Edited by DexGames