Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Also, I'm not sure why they're doing this questionnaire. Haven't they pointed out numerous times through their comments that they already have all that data, at least from those people who were playing online? Wouldn't it be better to just release that more accurate data instead of putting a questionnaire where people can pick whatever?

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 3

And what's more, expect some of your decisions be bugged in POE2, because it's very common in games where you import your save. For example, in BioWare there wasn't a single Dragon Age or Mass Effect game sequel where all decisions imported correctly. Thankfully, most of them were patched later on. And in the end their Dragon Age Keeper portal was a more elegant solution to save importing.

Therefore I may actually consider choosing everything from scratch in POE2 instead of importing my save, especially considering that devs already said that differences between choosing from scratch and importing will be insignificant.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 4

Yea, that wasn't an option anywhere. Perhaps a trigger bug?

Check the results, so many people picked this one!

EDIT: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-83FTDGN58/

Ekhm. I was one who picked it. Not to mess with results, as I even replayed my first PoE save to refresh my companions endings (poor Sagani...). It’s just I certainly didn’t do any other endings, so someone maybe adopted her? When you take her from her cradle, Lloras confronts you isn’t there an option to give him the baby? I am almost 100% sure there was some “give her to other tribe” thing going on, though I can’t rememeber. Anything thing I will have to keep my eye on.

Me too. Eder is a big child. He should learn to think on his own. Plus: Eothas is a giant green murderhobo. So I was right.

To be fair the Watcher is a (possibly green) murder hobo too. I'm not saying Edér should listen to Eothas, but perhaps he shouldn't be listening to the Watcher either.

• Like 1

I couldn't remember 100% for some of them - but I picked what I think my Watcher (1st playthrough) probably would have done.  (Must go and redo the survey for my 2nd Watcher).  There was only one question I had a 'huh?' moment on (ie I didn't even remember the quest/choice at all) - related to one of the gods' quests - 2 people living beyond their time?  Where was that? (It's possible I missed it in game, or it was  short non-memorable event).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I couldn't remember 100% for some of them - but I picked what I think my Watcher (1st playthrough) probably would have done.  (Must go and redo the survey for my 2nd Watcher).  There was only one question I had a 'huh?' moment on (ie I didn't even remember the quest/choice at all) - related to one of the gods' quests - 2 people living beyond their time?  Where was that? (It's possible I missed it in game, or it was  short non-memorable event).

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/A_Servant_of_Death

• Like 1

And what's more, expect some of your decisions be bugged in POE2, because it's very common in games where you import your save. For example, in BioWare there wasn't a single Dragon Age or Mass Effect game sequel where all decisions imported correctly. Thankfully, most of them were patched later on. And in the end their Dragon Age Keeper portal was a more elegant solution to save importing.

Therefore I may actually consider choosing everything from scratch in POE2 instead of importing my save, especially considering that devs already said that differences between choosing from scratch and importing will be insignificant.

And if I remember correctly they never fixed the Vernon (is that the right name for the Shepard fanboy) decision, he always acted like you had take the renegade decision in ME1 and punched him.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Ekhm. I was one who picked it. Not to mess with results, as I even replayed my first PoE save to refresh my companions endings (poor Sagani...). It’s just I certainly didn’t do any other endings, so someone maybe adopted her? When you take her from her cradle, Lloras confronts you isn’t there an option to give him the baby? I am almost 100% sure there was some “give her to other tribe” thing going on, though I can’t rememeber. Anything thing I will have to keep my eye on.

Lliras attacks no matter what you say.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Yeah, that's what the walkthrough said. All the playthroughs are melding into one right now. I am writing down all the questions and doubts and I will be experimenting with those and probably make a thread with my findings for anyone who cares. I could swear there was something about her being taken care of.

Yeah, that's what the walkthrough said. All the playthroughs are melding into one right now. I am writing down all the questions and doubts and I will be experimenting with those and probably make a thread with my findings for anyone who cares. I could swear there was something about her being taken care of.

Walkthrough's are one thing, *I* myself tried every option possible, to no avail.

But, *maybe* there is some inscrutable prerequisite for what You are saying...

Waiting for the thread, mate.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Yea, that wasn't an option anywhere. Perhaps a trigger bug?

Check the results, so many people picked this one!

EDIT: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-83FTDGN58/

I picked that one...but I technically do not remember ever finishing that quest in 2 (finished) playthroughs, lol.

I think quite a few people did like me: pick the answers you want (aka be a goodie-two-shoes going by the results).

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I filled out the survey too.

Looks like for most questions one answer is the clear winner.

Do you like choices where many players chose something different or are you OK with choices where most players chose the same answer?

I like it when choices are difficult and there is no easy good/evil choice.

So I guess the most interesting choice for the main quest is which god you chose in the room with the stars and what you do with the souls after defeating Thaos.

I chose Galawain and used them to empower dyrwood.

I think that Kana has the most interesting endings for his quest.

While Torment:Tides of Numenera may not be as good as PST, it was a nice game and I really liked the final choice at the end of the game because I had to think a lot before deciding what to do.

What happened to Vela, the baby orlan?

I gave the baby to a family that would take care of it, and killed Simoc.

I remember killing Simoc and leaving the baby with his son or someone else from his tribe. I think it was implied that the baby would not be in danger anymore.

But I'm seriously considering selecting everything in Deadfire and not importing my game when I play with my first PoE character, just to have Vela with me. She is having so many adventures with my third character right now.  Who would think that a newborn baby can climb down a cave shaft and take a nap during a dragon fight? I do have two of those helmets that become useful at the end of WM2, so I think she'll do well there too.  :yes:

I would love to take part in those surveys, but strangely enough, I have no idea what I did in the first Pillars 18 months ago. I could guess, but that wold hardly be accurate. :D

I have screenshots of most ending slides. Otherwise I'd have forgotten too.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

As far as oversights go, I didn't see any option for Watchers who didn't pledge themselves to any of the gods (as was the case for several of my Watchers who completed the game) unless that's what the "I pledged to all the gods equally" answer is supposed to represent. Between this survey's available answers in that regard and Sawyer's posts on the same subject, I suspect that the official interpretation is that doing any of the gods' quests and subsequently receiving their assistance in surviving to reach Breith Eaman constitutes some sort of pledge to them, but that seems to conflict with the actual promises that they solicit from you and that you can decline to make.

I remember it being reported that if you complete all Gods’ quest you survive the fall, even if you didn’t make a promise to any of them. Josh said a while ago, that it is impossible to survive the fall without making a deal with one of the Gods - I assume it is a bug. Never attempted it myself.

I may be mistaken, but I think Josh may be referring to the *first* deal we make, since technically we make two deals with the gods, not one. I think we *need* to make a deal with the gods to survive, but we don't necessarily have to accept their boon in exchange for doing what they want to do with the souls we free. But that presents a bit of an issue in the wording of that question then as we're not sure what of either of these are we referring to by "pledging" to the gods. Can you even pledge to all gods equally? It used to be that you could stack up the several different boons, if I recall correctly, but in my last playthrough when I tried it I found that the newest boon supplanted the others, so I was unsure if that meant you'd pledged with everyone or you simply changed your mind about who you'd rather pledge with - again, all this if having the gods' boon granted to us is what is meant by "pledging" and not simply aiding the gods in exchange for their help in surviving the fall. In either case too, I've known people who opposed to doing one or the other, or even failed a particular mission but completed others correctly - it would have been better to make this question as a "choose as many answers as apply" type instead of forcing you to pick just one.

On the subject of stuff I didn't know, or had forgotten about, I didn't recall Falanroed gave you an ability if you got to speak with her before confronting the adra dragon - I also forgot to meet her at all myself in my last playthrough, so that kinda sucks but it's okay. I'm even more surprised by the option to spare the sky dragon after mortally wounding it because for the life of me I tried this *time* and *time* again and couldn't find any such option in any of my playthroughs. Has anyone run across this one?

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I may be mistaken, but I think Josh may be referring to the *first* deal we make, since technically we make two deals with the gods, not one. I think we *need* to make a deal with the gods to survive, but we don't necessarily have to accept their boon in exchange for doing what they want to do with the souls we free. But that presents a bit of an issue in the wording of that question then as we're not sure what of either of these are we referring to by "pledging" to the gods. Can you even pledge to all gods equally? It used to be that you could stack up the several different boons, if I recall correctly, but in my last playthrough when I tried it I found that the newest boon supplanted the others, so I was unsure if that meant you'd pledged with everyone or you simply changed your mind about who you'd rather pledge with - again, all this if having the gods' boon granted to us is what is meant by "pledging" and not simply aiding the gods in exchange for their help in surviving the fall.

I am pretty sure the deal is: promise to do with souls what I want you to do, and I will help you survive the fall. But it’s something I will be verifying in a semi distant future. It might be that completing favour quests is enough to guarantee survival.

Yes, the boons don’t stack but if I remember well you do get the “Gods revenge ending” for every one you pledged alliance to and betrayed.

That was an interesting Survey!  I am glad I played that game again last year or I doubt I would have remembered the many things I did.   Does show how deep the game was with it's many characters in the world. 

Still I found the faults in the "third part of the game" as I did the first time I played it when it first came out. 

The expansions were done very well!     Some day I will play Pillars of Eternity 1 the expansions and go right into Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire.

Edited by StrangeCat

I may be mistaken, but I think Josh may be referring to the *first* deal we make, since technically we make two deals with the gods, not one. I think we *need* to make a deal with the gods to survive, but we don't necessarily have to accept their boon in exchange for doing what they want to do with the souls we free. But that presents a bit of an issue in the wording of that question then as we're not sure what of either of these are we referring to by "pledging" to the gods. Can you even pledge to all gods equally? It used to be that you could stack up the several different boons, if I recall correctly, but in my last playthrough when I tried it I found that the newest boon supplanted the others, so I was unsure if that meant you'd pledged with everyone or you simply changed your mind about who you'd rather pledge with - again, all this if having the gods' boon granted to us is what is meant by "pledging" and not simply aiding the gods in exchange for their help in surviving the fall.

I am pretty sure the deal is: promise to do with souls what I want you to do, and I will help you survive the fall. But it’s something I will be verifying in a semi distant future. It might be that completing favour quests is enough to guarantee survival.

Yes, the boons don’t stack but if I remember well you do get the “Gods revenge ending” for every one you pledged alliance to and betrayed.

To my understanding based on the most recent playthrough, the deal to survive the fall is done in exchange for the quests the gods have you do, like closing the Frost-Hewn Breach or clearing Hylea's Temple of the dragon and so on. They all say something along the lines of "the souls pledged to me are yours to command" before offering their power as an extra in exchange for you releasing the souls in the manner they wished.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

To my understanding based on the most recent playthrough, the deal to survive the fall is done in exchange for the quests the gods have you do, like closing the Frost-Hewn Breach or clearing Hylea's Temple of the dragon and so on. They all say something along the lines of "the souls pledged to me are yours to command" before offering their power as an extra in exchange for you releasing the souls in the manner they wished.
This is correct. I posted the exact progression on the last page but it’s already buried.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wonder how Acts will be determined, mostly on critical path milestones I presume?

Hopefully the case doesn't end up being the final act is very short purely because you knocked off everything else prior to it.