Black Isle Bastards: Any News?

It's been a while since the threads disappeared, and I haven't heard anything about it. I was just wondering if there's any new information--have the physical goods shipped yet, have you heard anything more about what's going to be involved, etc. We're only a little over a month out from games release, so I'm curious.

I'm *really* excited about having participated in this, and am looking forward to hunting down the Black Isle and encountering the Bastards!

• Like 4

Good question.

But why the backer beta discussion forum? This concerns all.

Because it was really late and I was super tired and didn't think clearly. It really should be in the main Deadfire forum.

I would love some info on it as well.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You could write a PM to Fluffle. He's the contact person of the BiBs to Obsidian. If somebody besides Obsidian knows something then it's him. But as I know Fluffle he would have posted news about the BiBs immediately.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's been a while since the threads disappeared, and I haven't heard anything about it. I was just wondering if there's any new information--have the physical goods shipped yet, have you heard anything more about what's going to be involved, etc. We're only a little over a month out from games release, so I'm curious.

I'm *really* excited about having participated in this, and am looking forward to hunting down the Black Isle and encountering the Bastards!

Hi there,

our thread is still here, it has just been "unstickied".

There is nothing new to report. The last contact I had with Obsidian concerning the Black Isle Bastards was at the end of September, 2017.

Remember, we gave Obsidian more or less a free hand on how to design the Black Isle Bastards. Our ideas that we were discussing about the Black Isle Bastards were

handed in to Obsidian as suggestions. They have been free to deviate from them and design them after their own ideas if they wanted to.

And that is why I haven't been in contact with them for so long. They don't need to verify the content with me, because they can model the BIBs after their own

imagination if they want to. And from the very beginning it was up to Obsidian anyway to fill out the finer details of the BIBs. Same goes for our item, by the way!

So, I know as much as you :p

We will only see in the game how the BIBs have turned out to be. Some may like it, some may not. I am very excited for it.

But always remember, the whole BIB crowd funding here on the forum was based on the belief that Obsidian knows best how to tell the stories of their games, and that's why

we gave them so much freedom in designing the BIBs.

No physical goods have arrived yet.

But as I know Fluffle he would have posted news about the BiBs immediately.

Exactly ;)

• Like 16

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys. Can you chill. Ofc your money won't get taken away. But we all know OE keeps the story secret. That includes sidequests. It's just like they did with the first PoE. I really don't think OE will release spoilers like that before the game releases. And personally I think that's for the best. 

I really want the be surprised with joy when I do meet BIB in the game.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 3

So, I totally jumped late on this wagon and threw money at it.  Will I just get it taken away?

What do you mean? If you gave money to Obsidian then most likely for the forum badge, right? I see you have it right beneath your avatar.

The Black Isle Bastards pirate crew that will be in the game was a forum efford, we gave money to Fluffle who then bought the "Pirate Crew" tier on fig for us contributors. So the funding and discussing and deciding (what unique item, which ingame recognitition) for the Black Isle Bastards pirate crew, the Isle and the item was completed long time ago and if you weren't a part of it back then there's little chance that you were able to jump on late onto the wagon...?

The forum badge and the actual pirate crew (includng ingame recognition in form of a ledger where some text of every contributer has its place) are only connected thematically but in terms of money they are completely seperate. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

WTF are the Black Isle bastards?

It's a community-funded pirate party. Here's two of the threads for more information:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91675-rejoice-black-isle-bastards-100-funded-stretch-goal-55-funded-thank-you-everyone/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92373-donations-closed-brace-yourselves-the-black-isle-bastards-are-coming/

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

So, I totally jumped late on this wagon and threw money at it.  Will I just get it taken away?

What do you mean? If you gave money to Obsidian then most likely for the forum badge, right? I see you have it right beneath your avatar.

The Black Isle Bastards pirate crew that will be in the game was a forum efford, we gave money to Fluffle who then bought the "Pirate Crew" tier on fig for us contributors. So the funding and discussing and deciding (what unique item, which ingame recognitition) for the Black Isle Bastards pirate crew, the Isle and the item was completed long time ago and if you weren't a part of it back then there's little chance that you were able to jump on late onto the wagon...?

The forum badge and the actual pirate crew (includng ingame recognition in form of a ledger where some text of every contributer has its place) are only connected thematically but in terms of money they are completely seperate. 

I did the Order of Eternity back in the original as well.  I would've liked to have joined this too just found out about it too late.  Anyways, it's great that you guys did the same thing for the new game.

• Like 2