Question

-My device is a Galaxy Note 10.1, running Android Version 4.1.2.

-Recently also playing on Steam, experiencing the same issues

-PFID#: BFAD46EC71D603F

-Pass And Play is off

-Permadeath is on

-Story Mode

So I've returned to this game after a hiatus of about a year, though I previously briefly tried the Goblins Adventure Path near its Deck 1 release. I have - reluctantly - purchased the Steam edition of the game to test how differently it runs, to potentially solve some technical issues, and to more easily get access to a bit more content.

I am extremely disappointed to learn that quite a lot of bugs I have previously reported, which in turn were re-reported by other people, are still in full effect. In particular, two bugs relating to the core powers of Poog are still in full effect, which were previously reported as per the link below as issues 1 and 3.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93434-multiple-bug-reports-again/?do=findComment&comment=1928229

(As an aside, issue 4 is also in full effect still for me, and I haven't tested 2, but 5 and 6 appear to be fixed. Some issues from the even older bug report thread that is linked to from my previous post are also still present)

To re-summarize the bugs with Poog's powers.

-----------------

1. Poog's "Shot in the Arm" doesn't (often) allow multiple characters to be healed at once in a typical fashion, and the timing of when the ability activates is often wrong. Specifically, if multiple characters provide a blessing to a check made by Poog, his power will only allow one of them to shuffle a random card from their discard pile into their deck. However, if he makes another check during a different encounter on that same turn, he may then use his power again to allow a different character who had provided him a blessing on his earlier check to 'heal' as well.

In short, if 3 characters supported check #1 by Poog with a blessing, in order to have his Shot in the Arm ability work correctly, Poog needs to make 2 additional encounters to have the chance to 'finish' the full use of his power.

2. Poog's ability "Greenhorn" is not working as written. It clearly states that it banishes a boon with the Animal trait when used "for its power", and yet burying an animal with the location power from Dare or Dare (as stated in bug #2) will also trigger the banishing, though the animal's power was not used. In fact, it appears using an animal for almost any other ability (besides its own power) allows Poog to use his ability, which is incorrect. 

3. Poog's ability "Greenhorn" has odd timing. After recharging/burying/discarding/revealing an Animal ally, you may use it at any point during the full turn, which is very incorrect. As written, you should HAVE to banish it immediately and use the optional draw.

-----------------

As a reminder, both of those bugs were mentioned during the release of this character over half a year ago.

Bonus bug.

4. If Ranzak evades a bane (or certain banes, at least) with a "Before you act" power, the new character who encounters the bane does not trigger the "Before You Act" power, nor does Ranzak, and it appears to be nullified entirely. At least, the (something) Longshanks bane, when the dice roll gives them the power to do 1 electricity damage to characters before they act, is nullified if Ranzak throws another character at the check instead.

I humbly request that Obsidian, if it has the developer time to spend maintaining this game, look through my previously filed bug report threads (accessible through the link above, and then in turn from another link in that post) to ensure that most of the stated bugs have actually been fixed.

Edited by Yewstance

19 answers to this question

Almost immediately came across another bug (screenshots can be attached if requested).

In the second scenario of Goblins Burn Adventure Deck 1, I used an Animalbane Dogslicer against the henchmen "Vicious Dog", most appropriately. As a downside to using the Animalbane Dogslicer, the user is "dealt 1 combat damage that may not be reduced". The user (Goblin Amiri) was, however, deal 2 combat damage, most likely as a result of the Vicious Dog henchmen having the ability "Damage dealt by this is increased by 1".

That's a bug, then, because the damage wasn't being dealt by the dog at all, but by my own card, and should not have been modified.

I feel like I should've just made this a "general thread of bug reports #3". Another bug;

5. The bane "Tome of Knowledge" is displayed next to my Ezren, and whilst his normal Arcane checks are decreased in difficulty as appropriate (since his Intelligence checks, which includes his Arcane checks, are easier with it), his recharge checks for his spells are not modified in difficulty.

Despite, of course, still being Arcane checks.

In addition, I can confirm that, as far as I can tell, all banes that Ranzak evades to have another character encounter instead will nullify that bane's "Before You Act" entirely, which is incorrect.

I should note that I can provide screenshots for all of these if requested. But I'm really not inclined to go through the effort to save and dig them out unless there's some kind of official request, because in all of my dozens and dozens of bug reports (approaching about 50 in total) for this game, I've never once had any official acknowledgement on any of those issues. As a result, my motivation to actually go out of my way to help more - as I did previously - has been shot to the ground, and I'm about 70% confident that Obsidian barely reads this forum.

(Though I'd be happy to be proved wrong)

At this moment this game is most likely not high in priority so most likely we don`t see much reponses, but devs do visit here From time to time so eventually these will be read. But new soon to be released games do take their toll From devs time at this moment and after release the bugs in those new games do the same.

Hopefully the parent company will allow devs time to fix new and old bugs. But that is completely another question.

Fair, and I notice from the blog posts that the situation hasn't changed much since 12 months or so ago.

Even so, I question even keeping this forum open if it's not being utilized. I also find some annoyance in (though not surprise in) the release of new content before the fixing of bugs, since various bugs have existed for a lot longer than recent content updates have.

Incidentally, a bug where, in corner-cases when trying to activate abilities off-turn (particularly during "card hand-off" phase), characters take their turns out of order (and VERY odd behavior occurs regarding encountering cards from location decks) is still in effect. Difficult to reproduce, but I have mentioned the symptoms on my previous bug reports in older threads.

Also, bug #6, and one that I can't quite believe even occurs...

6. Ranzak's favored card type is "choose one", but he never is actually prompted to choose. I believe the game treats him as having no Favored Card Type (or perhaps Item). He should use the same code as Lem for this, so I really don't see how there's a bug here.

Edited by Yewstance

Also...

7. Poog's "Shot in the Arm" power, in addition to the previously-stated bugs, is really finicky about ever triggering if used off-turn. If you evade a bane with Ranzak and encounter it with Poog, and someone uses a blessing on Poog's check, Shot in the Arm never gets a chance to trigger. This was largely mentioned in a previous bug reporting thread (well over 6 months ago).

• Like 1

Really!? Gah, I'm regretting picking this up on PC, and I'm regretting coming back. So many card interactions are plain broken.

8. Blessing of Zarongel does not give 2 dice in a check against "Dance with Squealy Nord", despite said barrier having the Animal trait (and Blessing of Zarongel stating it gives "2 dice to any check to acquire or defeat a card that has the Animal trait").

6. Ranzak's favored card type is "choose one", but he never is actually prompted to choose. I believe the game treats him as having no Favored Card Type (or perhaps Item). He should use the same code as Lem for this, so I really don't see how there's a bug here.

Well, his favored type is None (look for the tabletop card). The "Choose One" is a wrong text from Lem. Yes, it is a small bug.

Other bugs are associated with new-ish characters or cards (i.e. outside Rise of the Runelords) and the developers didn't have time (or, more precisely: working capacity available) to fix them. All the same, the new content is what keeps the game fresh and attracts new players - although fixing a given bug is great, it may not be noticed at all by most players unless it is an all-pervasive bug.

What I don't like much is the apparently higher probability to roll 1s and 2s in any Goblin-related adventure party or the unspoken increase of ALL henchman difficulty for Valeros' quest on Heroic. Kobold Heretic with 17 or 20 at B deck difficulty (is 12 and 15 at Normal) + 1d6 increase on top + possibility of non-defeat (16%). The Muscle and other Kobolds are affected as well. Why to add the 1d6 random increase on Heroic difficulty if there is a much harder increase +5 in effect? Huh, that's something I don't understand...

Yet more issues. 

9. The villain "Stomp" seems pretty bugged, at least the Heroic variant thereof. I encountered it with 3 characters at the Horse Pen location, temp-closed the only remaining location, and noticed some oddities.

9.1. Despite the text claiming Stomp deals 1d4 damage to all characters at the location before you act, it only rolled to do damage to the encountering character (Lini) not the other characters at the location (Merisiel and Seoni).

9.2. After the damage almost entirely emptied Lini's hand, she used the Animalbane Dogslicer, discarding it for its effect, for combat. She had no remaining cards in hand. She beat Stomp with the help of the weapon and blessings. After beating Stomp, rather than immediately going to the 'reroll against banes with the animal trait' as per the scenario rules, instead it jumped to Seoni and had her roll a 1d4 for damage from Stomp(?). Despite rolling '2', she took 1 damage (was that just the damage from the Dogslicer mistakenly redirected to her?).

All annoying, but not really 'gamebreaking'. Except that...

9.3. Suddenly it's back to Lini's turn (Merisiel took no damage) and she is attempting a new check to defeat Stomp (which only has 1 check to defeat), with none of her previous dice, and without a hand to fight with, so I'm forced to just roll the 1d4 and take the loss. Waste of blessings, cards, time and everything.

This is a stark reminder for me to turn off permadeath mode (even though it's literally the intended way for the game to be played) because this would've been a case where I could have lost a character to completely unpredictable, buggy behaviour.

9.4. I encounter Stomp again, and it may be the Wildcard (if you take more than 1 damage from combat, bury one of those cards) that's bugging this. Seoni encounters Stomp, takes pre-combat damage (1 damage), then Merisiel takes pre-combat damage (2 damage), has to bury one... then suddenly Merisiel is encountering and is in a check to defeat Stomp, though it's Seoni who explored. 

And I just discarded my weapons because, you know, Seoni was going to be the one fighting and finishing this off. And I have no idea what will happen when I beat Stomp here, IF I can beat Stomp here, if it even counts. This scenario seems entirely broken, at least with this wildcard.

9.5. Miraculously, Merisiel beats Stomp... and the scenario is over, game won. Uh... where was the required reroll to defeat banes with the animal trait? Lini never got to take precombat damage? It wasn't even Merisiel's turn to fight. I guess... it worked? It's horribly bugged, but I somehow made it through. Man, this game remains broken, and I'm annoyed that I keep coming back to it expecting something different, like not playing with new characters and assuming I'd stop running into so many issues.

Poog eats all the animals he uses whether we want him to or not.  Obsidian really needs to fix that.

THAT part isn't a bug. That's how his power is worded, and that's how it is handled in both the physical and digital game. It's an inherent part of the power that says "when this happens, banish it".

The only actual bug is it does explicitly say that animals have to be used FOR THEIR POWER for him to eat them, but it happens even when they're discarded/etc for other card and power effects, which is explicitly not as written.

Literally can't go a mission without finding new bugs...

10. Attack on Sandpoint (Heroic), or scenario B-3 of the Goblins campaign, states that the difficulty to defeat Human banes is increased by 2 (and are treated as undefeated if you roll a 1 on a 1d6), but the difficulty is actually increased by 4, as well as having the 'roll a 1d6 to check if defeated' difficulty spike. Screenshots can be provided on request.

When you select Poog's Leecher role in Rise of the Runelords, you have several "dead" powers as there are no cards with the Zarongel trait in the basic RotR game and even no Zarongel treasure cards that I know. There are cards like that in Rise of Goblins, but there is no way to transfer them (separate Stash, separate deck lists, separate character roster). It would be nice to have the Blessing of Zarongel available in RotR either as a treasure card or even Advancement card. Favor of Zarongel is probably too much to ask for ;)

In addition, Ranzak with his "when you close a location, draw a new boon" has strange interactions. Sometimes, when you close the location with another character and switch to Ranzak, you can receive the boon even though Ranzak is at another location and did not close the location. Similarly, in scenario 5-1 (I think), you are able to use the ability two times (once during the "Attempt a Wisdom check. If you fail, end your turn) and then at the end of the turn itself.

As a side note, the goblin-talk wth Mistress Delvahine is hilarious. "Goblin play mean lot of biting." :biggrin: 

Edited by Jenceslav