17+ I do not know what it entails, but I was surprised how high it is. This is the american system, right? I guess that the use of alcohol and sexual themes are the deciding factors here. Here the rating will very likely be 16.

Crazy how Fallout 4, Doom and PoE2 share the same rating.

I am not 100% sure how ones earn certain raitings in games. I imagine that just like movies, there is a list of certain “do”, “do not” and that it’s not always a reliable way of judging games content. Some dark themes of PoE alone probably would push it beyond 17+. First PoE had 17+ rating as well, so check how it was rating in whatever system you are using for a reference. I doubt those two would be much apart.

I am not 100% sure how ones earn certain raitings in games. I imagine that just like movies, there is a list of certain “do”, “do not” and that it’s not always a reliable way of judging games content. Some dark themes of PoE alone probably would push it beyond 17+. First PoE had 17+ rating as well, so check how it was rating in whatever system you are using for a reference. I doubt those two would be much apart.

Here is a quick primer for rating systems around the world.

• Like 1

And the drugs, don't forget the drugs. You can even play as a drug using monk . Add to that naked butts, alcohol, violence with gibs and sexual themes and you got yourself a solid M for mature. And that's how it should be  :devil:.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 4

Here is a quick primer for rating systems around the world.

Yeah I saw it. <3 SBH. Just couldn't quote from top of my head what would put PoE over the +17, while I have a better idea on how movies are rated. 

ESRB ratings are crap anyway. An M game can be the equivalent of a PG-13 movie or an R rated movie. You really have to look at the content warnings to judge. The actual label is almost irrelevant.

Truth. The fact that a game like PoE1 and the new Doom have the same rating is indicative of what a joke the ESRB rating is. Super Smash Bros has a teen rating. I and everyone I knew regardless of how overprotective their parents were played that game when we were in elementary school. 

Note that ESRB/PEGI/CERO rating are not actually mandatory for purely digital releases

This is why most games on Steam/GOG etc don't have such ratings, as they are generally expensive to obtain

To release on consoles a game MUST have a rating for that region, but only because MS/Sony/Nintendo mandate it. 

Thus for the release in May there's not likely to be a rating given taht its basically unnecessary at this point

For the console releases later this year, you will then see them submit for review ot PEGI/CERO/ESRB which will then be searchable on their respective websites

Note that ESRB/PEGI/CERO rating are not actually mandatory for purely digital releases

This is why most games on Steam/GOG etc don't have such ratings, as they are generally expensive to obtain

To release on consoles a game MUST have a rating for that region, but only because MS/Sony/Nintendo mandate it. 

Thus for the release in May there's not likely to be a rating given taht its basically unnecessary at this point

For the console releases later this year, you will then see them submit for review ot PEGI/CERO/ESRB which will then be searchable on their respective websites

A bit higher up I posted a link to a screenshot of ESRB rating from the newest trailer.

ESRB ratings are crap anyway. An M game can be the equivalent of a PG-13 movie or an R rated movie. You really have to look at the content warnings to judge. The actual label is almost irrelevant.

Truth. The fact that a game like PoE1 and the new Doom have the same rating is indicative of what a joke the ESRB rating is. Super Smash Bros has a teen rating. I and everyone I knew regardless of how overprotective their parents were played that game when we were in elementary school.

"The fact that a game like PoE1 and the new Doom have the same rating is indicative of what a joke the ESRB rating is." Care to explain why? As far as I know PoE 1 has some serious messed up stuff in it, so a same rating as the new Doom isn't really uncalled for,isn't it? Or is the new Doom didn't really need to be rated M(bought the game on steam but didn't find the time to play it yet)?

• Like 1