Abydon’s missing right hand at Durgan’s Battery?

Giant skeletal hand supporting the sphere above the West Tower.

Right hand missing from skeleton at the Abbey of the Fallen Moon.

Anyone have an thoughts on this?

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

"This giant wrist bone ends without providing any clues as to the location of its matching hand"

post-1981-0-66290600-1522134592_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-63133200-1522134616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 3

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

@Achilles thanks for the screenies.

Me not remembering this is a dead giveaway, that I don't even have a clue how to explain this and answer Your question.

We have an open field for hyphotesis, and it drives me nuts.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It’s my second time through, so now I’m trying to pick up all the stuff I missed the first time.

The obvious implication is that the Pargrunen found the Abbey (makes sense, as they were explorers), took the hand (makes since, as its the one that wielded the hammer and they love them some industriousness), and then incorporated it into their great big monument to their patron god.

It might just be a fun little detail they threw in for flavor. It might also be that there’s more to the story.

I’m betting we’ll see another Pargrunen-related DLC in Deadfire. If that happens, I’m also willing to bet that PoE3 takes place in the Living Lands.

Hard to tell with forced perspective

EDIT: but absolutely possible.

Edited by Achilles

Plot twist: in PoE3, you play as the right hand of Abydon. Literally.

Better that than Eothas’ dangly bits, I suppose

It’s the left, I promise :)

If you follow the vision “up the arm”, it shows a second illustration with the left hand down (holding the hammer) and the right hand raised.

post-1981-0-59813900-1522594037_thumb.jpgpost-1981-0-93065000-1522594053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Achilles

Still the missing hand at the abbey and the surplus hand at the battery are a match, whether Abydon was left-handed or not. The vision being triggered due to the presence of Abydon's remains would still make sense imho, even if this hand didn't wield the hammer.

Edited by M4xw0lf

Still the missing hand at the abbey and the surplus hand at the battery are a match, whether Abydon was left-handed or not. The vision being triggered due to the presence of Abydon's remains would still make sense imho, even if this hand didn't wield the hammer.

I agree

It’s the left, I promise :)

If you follow the vision “up the arm”, it shows a second illustration with the left hand down (holding the hammer) and the right hand raised.

attachicon.gifleft1.jpgattachicon.gifleft2.jpg

Oh, i misunderstood the post, i meant that the skeletal hand is of the right arm, not the left.

Ah, I see