I recently gained access to the Deadfire pack additional items, and I had a question about the War Club of the Mataru. It seems like an item designed specifically for rogues, since it can cause afflictions that enable sneak attack. But it's not clear to me that it is useful for any other character classes. I have a paladin and priest in my current party, but no rogue, but it does not seem a particularly useful weapon for these classes. I was wondering if anyone has found it worthwhile for any classes aside from rogues.

Since Barb has a weaker Base ACC the debuffs should help him hit more often in subsequent swings. Couple this club with another weapon that does more damage, like a sabre, then you should start dishing out some serious pain.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Also if you have a party with a Paladin that does not depend on melee direct attacks for damage, meaning you do not need any coordinating attacks/marking you could use it on a support front line paladin cause its quick so casting lay on hands and exhortations would be fast, plus you get the added bonus of debuffing your target.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

No, but if you use heavy armor and a slow weapon your recovery will be long after an attack und you have to wait longer until LoH will get casted. With low recovery on weapon attacks you can be more spontaneous with active support abilities.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I gave it to a dualwielding fighter earlier today. It's a good smacker with simple leveling requirements available really early in the game. It doesn't need to synergize amazingly with the user ^^

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

No, but if you use heavy armor and a slow weapon your recovery will be long after an attack und you have to wait longer until LoH will get casted. With low recovery on weapon attacks you can be more spontaneous with active support abilities.

This

Have gun will travel.

I used it on eder with a shield, I found it great and as clubs are also in the ruffian focus group so you can switch to sabres if you want to keep eder using his normal weapon that he comes with... or against crush resistant enemies.

I found eder would trigger lots of effects once the soul bound upgrades were complete... Although I did initially have trouble triggering the effects to upgrade.

Maybebif you are a min/maxer you will want a different weapon but as i never min-max I never felt it was a weapon just for rogues

Edited by ArnoldRimmer