Stacking rules FTW

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's kind of a passsive effect (or trigger) from an item, so I guess the general rule is that it stacks.

Deflection bonuses from items also stack with everything (like the one from Bronlar's Phalanx that rises with health loss or the Casita Samelia Breastplate that rises with Intimidate). If they just would've named the effects of Nemnok's Cloak differently nobody would complain. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My list of OP's things in 3.0

* Armor stacking from Paladins - 300% damage reduction

How do you achieve this?

With Nemnok's Cloak you can get 26 AR at the moment, because spirit shield and ironskin stacks with gilded enmnity, but it shouldn't xd With a Plate Armor even 28 AR or 30 vs. melee with the right enchantment.

Holy fug!

Can anything even hurt you by then? ;)

My biggest issue is with things that require little to no thought to make OP...

PL8/9 Monk abilities are still fire and forget monstrosities (all melee should be envious)

Avenging Storm... please remove this scroll or weaken it compared to Druid version

Personally, I wish all PL8/9s were equally powerful (like monk) and the devs could make the game more challenging (besides monsters with high AR and Fort).

Otherwise, blunt force fix (nerf) is last resort for the outlier...

• Like 1

PL8/9 Monk abilities are still fire and forget monstrosities (all melee should be envious)

Avenging Storm... please remove this scroll or weaken it compared to Druid version

Personally, I wish all PL8/9s were equally powerful (like monk) and the devs could make the game more challenging (besides monsters with high AR and Fort).

wiz/evoker with vaporous grimoire bonus is pretty beastly too. instabuffs and nukes everything on screen. - i guess the trade off is the wizard spells damage allies as well but its still a much more powerful dps than pretty much anything else. 

Yes, pure Wiz for teh winz...

Seriously, I agree, the craziest DPS machine past level 14 for me is pure Wiz. What’s odd, is I keep finding lower level spells, when cast at PL9+ are scaling really nicely. Even more powerful is the Wizard’s ability to just switch grimoires and adapt to any situation... no other class comes close to the DPS, utility, and fun factor.

Giving everybody access to Avenging Storm is like giving everybody Heart of Fury or Sacred Immolation. It not only makes the game much easier, but also anger single class druid players. Why the hell everybody can have my class's trademark ability?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Giving everybody access to Avenging Storm is like giving everybody Heart of Fury or Sacred Immolation. It not only makes the game much easier, but also anger single class druid players. Why the hell everybody can have my class's trademark ability?

Yeah after alchemy/insect swarm nerf druids became pretty much pocket healers because you don't want to rely on scrolls/items for healing every encounter in a typical playthrough and they have those aoe heal over time spells still going for them.  

* Streetfighter + BDD  - +150% attack and 50% recovery speed for free

I am really beginning to question the value of a Streetfighter Rogue, if 1) you are not in the habit of getting him below 50 percent HP AND 2) you run at 3 melees. In such a scenario, am I getting any benefit at all? I know I am only level 12 at this point, but my Streetfighter Rogue/Fighter is getting out-damaged up to this stage by both my hunting bow Barbarian (!) (and as Serafen, he joined late, too!) and my Fighter/Paladin.

So unless the Streetfighter character miraculously picks-up mid- and late-game, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Also, please keep in mind that I heal very fast so I don't get to Bloodied stage, and I run a lot of melees or hybrid melee-caster characters who are sturdy. So with my gaming habits, I should stay away? Or am I going to be floored by the Streetfighter DPS later?

Edited by Lampros

I am really beginning to question the value of a Streetfighter Rogue, if 1) you are not in the habit of getting him below 50 percent HP AND 2) you run at 3 melees. In such a scenario, am I getting any benefit at all? I know I am only level 12 at this point, but my Streetfighter Rogue/Fighter is getting out-damaged up to this stage by both my hunting bow Barbarian (!) (and as Serafen, he joined late, too!) and my Fighter/Paladin.

So unless the Streetfighter character miraculously picks-up mid- and late-game, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Also, please keep in mind that I heal very fast so I don't get to Bloodied stage, and I run a lot of melees or hybrid melee-caster characters who are sturdy. So with my gaming habits, I should stay away? Or am I going to be floored by the Streetfighter DPS later?

This note was about special combination, Barring Death's Door and Streetfighter damage & recovery boost. Barring Death's Door on Streetfighter not only protect him from deaths (as other classes) but give him +150% DM & 50% Recovery - this is single class in the game which has such high benefits from such simple combination.

> So unless the Streetfighter character miraculously picks-up mid- and late-game, I don't see what the fuss is about.

You don't need mid-late game to make street-fighter work, check build thread, there exist at least 3 - 4 ways to get free -50% recovery time & +50% damage

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

This note was about special combination, Barring Death's Door and Streetfighter damage & recovery boost. Barring Death's Door on Streetfighter not only protect him from deaths (as other classes) but give him +150% DM & 50% Recovery - this is single class in the game which has such high benefits from such simple combination.

> So unless the Streetfighter character miraculously picks-up mid- and late-game, I don't see what the fuss is about.

You don't need mid-late game to make street-fighter work, check build thread, there exist at least 3 - 4 ways to get free -50% recovery time & +50% damage

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure what BDD stood for. I see your point then; but that's a lot more micro than I am willing to indulge in! ;)

Seriously, I agree, the craziest DPS machine past level 14 for me is pure Wiz. What’s odd, is I keep finding lower level spells, when cast at PL9+ are scaling really nicely. Even more powerful is the Wizard’s ability to just switch grimoires and adapt to any situation... no other class comes close to the DPS, utility, and fun factor.

Wizards will always be one of the most powerful classes in RPGs. But they are so squishy and wimpy ;)

Wizards will always be one of the most powerful classes in RPGs. But they are so squishy and wimpy ;)

Are you guys using implements or using spells? Wizards have had the lowest DPS after the Priest in both for PoE 1 and PoE 2 in my games - though it may be because I don't micro much and rely on scripts and auto-attacks.

Spells! They are per encounter now. Makes no sense to not use them. ;)

You can put together an AI script that uses spells. Best to use foe-only spells then. Like Minoletta's stuff. Those also scale well with Power Level.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Are you guys using implements or using spells? Wizards have had the lowest DPS after the Priest in both for PoE 1 and PoE 2 in my games - though it may be because I don't micro much and rely on scripts and auto-attacks.

Priest was a monster DPS in Pillars 1. Anything that wasn't immune to Burn damage would get obliterated in seconds. But you have to play them manually to be effective. This is the same with Wizards (and all offensive casters except maybe Tekehu) in Deadfire.

• Like 1

Spells! They are per encounter now. Makes no sense to not use them. ;)

You can put together an AI script that uses spells. Best to use foe-only spells then. Like Minoletta's stuff. Those also scale well with Power Level.

Well, but aren't a lot of the prime spells - especially early spells - friendly AOE-prone? It's just too much micro-management for me.

Priest was a monster DPS in Pillars 1. Anything that wasn't immune to Burn damage would get obliterated in seconds. But you have to play them manually to be effective. This is the same with Wizards (and all offensive casters except maybe Tekehu) in Deadfire.

What makes Tekehu different? Because his rod has a bounce?