Drugs info

Looking at the bonuses, it looks like drugs will be of much higher importance than in current iteration of PoE1.

Here are the 7 found drugs in beta3 @alchemy = 0

PRYr19f.png

ayxyESX.png

d9hhuPo.png

ui1TvgR.png

ExZrtoa.png

qXyyV2n.png

T0oNwGt.png

And here are their effects @alchemy = 20

3c7F4DA.png

lVjfz7j.png

WRwbwg2.png

721ygqp.png

DWloosg.png

UGarmWX.png

4Hp3eGe.png

Notes:

- Nalpazca's bonus increases drugs duration by x1.5

- It is unclear if INT influences drug duration. Conform to drug popup it is. While conform to effect tooltip (near character portrait) it isn't.

- You can have them all active at the same time

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Missing String is for Whiteleaf)

I wonder if it will increase the number of spellusages for spellcasters.

As for crash penalties... they are currently not listed. Maybe bonuses do transform in maluses? I had no patience yet to wait for drugs to expire)

As for crash penalties... they are currently not listed. Maybe bonuses do transform in maluses? I had no patience yet to wait for drugs to expire)

The crash penalties are... odd.  Related to the bonuses, but certainly not direct reversals.

The Coral Snuff crash penalty imposes % reductions on Max Health and Action Speed.  The Svef crash penalty imposes penalties to DEX and RES, but a boost to Stride and (hilariously) +2 Metaphysics.  I didn't spawn the others into inventory to experiment with. 

As far as I've noticed, they last until you either Rest or take more drugs. 

• Like 1

As far as I've noticed, they last until you either Rest or take more drugs. 

Makes for interesting game play depending on the availability of the drugs/crafting materials.

Either have 1 character being on drugs most of the time or just abuse the system for all party members prior to a hard battle and rest off the negative effects (+healing of wounds,...).

• Like 1

"This product is rated M for Mature"

Wow-wow-wow, thanks for the post. Bonuses are insane!

If we won't get a really punishing system (the best for me so far being Fallout 1 & 2) with % chance of getting "Addicted to %drugname%" status and really hard times if addicted but in withdrawal/abstinence it will be just overkill. 

I myself had some bad times with drugs, not for long, but I may state that old Fallouts did it the best.

You can not just "rest" addiction :) Heh.

Strange that they removed timers of positive and negative effects. It was pretty good in PoE1. Like "bonuses for 160 sec, abstinent syndrome for 320 sec". They could add a % chance - not very realistic, but it is a simple way to do "the more often you take the more you risk" thing using standard math.

I'm not asking for rise of tolerance, stages 1-4, overdoses, echo and advanced things, it is not a narco sim, but if you can get all this before a tough battle, then sleep through all the negatives, like not-addicted people do, and never-ever enter the stage where you can not sleep it over anymore - I see no reason not to eat, sniff or drink everything in range.

Fallouts made you scared of narcotics (remember Jet, yes, not Bethesda Jet).

And as there is no narcology in Eora, in fact addicted char should be pretty doomed.

Anyway, good info to think about, thanks.

I am just trying to imagine...

If my Arcane Knight takes them ALL after he casted all the enchanting spells (buffs) and switched on all his paladin abilities...

"I will become death, the destroyer of worlds..."

"Then I will just sleep in vomit  :yes: "

• Like 2

I really like the implication that tripping balls would improve your combat effectiveness. I'm pretty sure if I was high on LSD, cocaine, marijuana, opiods, and methamphetamine I would be on the ground ****ting myself, not in some state of heightened acuity.

Well, with current system it looks almost like propaganda :) Hey, drugs make you better. Then you sleep and all is fine)

When in fact they make you think you got better.

But advocating the guys I also may say that 3/5 of your list was created in industrial era via serious research. Eora's chems are pretty weak, all they are able to do is dry, make powder, make liquid, I think they don't change the original formula, only the form.

So it is chewing coca leaves instead of cocaine and drinking papaver somniferum milk instead of heroin and drinking a mushroom tea instead of LSD.

Doing raw, you can still remain pretty operational. Especially after some tolerance rise.

We may suggest that their "fast" drugs are not stronger than good coffee, and their "slow" drugs may be of power level of barbiturates or weed, not more. That's why the huge numbers surprised me. To get such results you need to have advanced chemistry.

+2 to  metaphysics - no comments also inhaling gunpowder seems to be a bad idea

Edited by neotemplar
  • Like 3

I really like the implication that tripping balls would improve your combat effectiveness. I'm pretty sure if I was high on LSD, cocaine, marijuana, opiods, and methamphetamine I would be on the ground ****ting myself, not in some state of heightened acuity.

But if you took PCP, Krokodil or amphetamines - you would be. There are different kind of drugs - some make you mellow some make you hyper.

Coke & meta probably also would help a bit.

Fun fact - LSD was actually partially developed also as a chemical warfare agent. For the reasons you mentioned - an army tripping balls is not a very effective army.

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1

But if you took PCP, Krokodil or amphetamines - you would be. There are different kind of drugs - some make you mellow some make you hyper.

Coke & meta probably also would help a bit.

Fun fact - LSD was actually partially developed also as a chemical warfare agent. For the reasons you mentioned - an army tripping balls is not a very effective army.

You gotta admit that its pretty funny that mixing every drug in the game basically turns you into a super soldier. I'm not complaining I think its dope (pun intended)

Also: is drug duration affected by Int+alch or just alchemy?

Edited by George_Truman

Also: is drug duration affected by Int+alch or just alchemy?

Hard to tell. Here are two tooltips.

The top one displays that drug duration is affected by alchemy level (+1% per 1 alchemy). And it was affected (multiplicatively) by INT change.

The bottom one displays a wooping 815s @ 20 alchemy, and this value was unnafected by INT.

P.S. Here's the related bug report.

Edited by MaxQuest

Uhm, actually very powerful effects all around, and also long lasting enough.

As an addicted to solo play, i'm quite concerned about how to maximize things in a solo run. I mean: in poe1 you needed at least 9 in mechs, but you still got some points to spare in lore/survival.

In poe2 you will still need high mech for exploring/ survival; arcana for scrolls, alchemy for better potions/drugs, suvival for resting bonus, maybe even stealth or pickpoket... Very hard to tell how you can balance all your needings... and on the top of this: your companions could help with their passive skill in a skill check. In solo you have to do everything alone, without party boost to passive stats... Much more metagaming involved in my future

• Like 1

The Svef crash penalty imposes penalties to DEX and RES, but a boost to Stride and (hilariously) +2 Metaphysics.

That is an amazing joke. 10/10 Obsidian, would have 5 hour conversations about the meaning of the universe at parties again.

• Like 1