So on the wiki there is a page: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Random_loot

Which states that the loot uses a table which can be exploited.

What I've found so far is the following: loot generation is completely random and not tied to days or whatever. I found rings of deflection in a container on this list 3 days in a row. Even items that aren't listed are generated and the loot generation never ever ever follows the list at all. The order is random. The wiki states that your character name defines the starting day. This may have been true for the first release of this game, but I experienced only completely random loot generation.

Anyone?

If the loot tables were changed then it was in one of the latest versions of the game. The fact that you found different items doesn't mean they're random, it just means the loot tables were changed. To test if they're random you should first check if the same day of each month you get a different item - which I really doubt it.

If the loot tables were changed then it was in one of the latest versions of the game. The fact that you found different items doesn't mean they're random, it just means the loot tables were changed. To test if they're random you should first check if the same day of each month you get a different item - which I really doubt it.

The item order is either random, or changed from what they had listed before. None of the items are in the order they have on the wiki. And the fact that I managed to get an item three times in a row three days in a row speaks for itself.

Edited by AeonsLegend

The item order is either random, or changed from what they had listed before. None of the items are in the order they have on the wiki. And the fact that I managed to get an item three times in a row three days in a row speaks for itself.

Getting an item 3 days in a row is very common if you check the tables. It's very possible they changed the tables, however I doubt the items are random... I told you the way to test if the items are random. Now if you choose to believe they're random, that's up to you...

Getting an item 3 days in a row is very common if you check the tables. It's very possible they changed the tables, however I doubt the items are random... I told you the way to test if the items are random. Now if you choose to believe they're random, that's up to you...

I've tested multiple locations and none of them match the item tables on the wiki. So like I said, it's either completely random or they changed the loot tables completely.

But I will get back to this thread if I manage to test a single location after a month. Regardless, the wiki is pretty much useless atm.

Check this post:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80015-all-poe-random-item-day-checklist/?p=1836413

giphy.gif

I think there must be at least 2 tables. On my party run the loot is completely different to the list no matter what i tried. However on my solo it matches the wiki list exactly. Both runs were started in the latest version.

I have restarted multiple times before when the list didnt match until i eventually got a game going that did. So that could be an option.

If the date changes simply while time passes, without travel to another area via world map or rest in current area, random loot isn't updated I guess but it will change to proper items after save and reload - it seems to work then. Or just be sure to arrive  on the specific day for specific loot.

giphy.gif

Ive found the loot tables in the wiki pretty accurate even now. One thing i have found is that your MC has the be the first character in the character order when you enter actual map where loot exists.

Edited by draego