Theorycrafting: Wouldn't a paladin be one of the best offensive scroll users?

I've been looking through the build archives, and some of the builds favor offensive scroll use:  Like The Engineer using Sunder and Scon Mica's Roar to debuff the enemy before a barrage of missiles, or the Wizard's Apprentice to use a thief's hit to crit conversion and deathblows to amp the damage.

But against a target that you haven't stacked 2 deathblow-qualifying debuffs on, wouldn't a Paladin do even better?  You'd have to get someone else to drop the DR like a cipher, but a paladin applying Sworn enemy and FoD'd Scon Mica's Roar would practically guarantee every pellet at least hits, giving you the full -30 debuff to all defenses, on top of the +20 accuracy Sworn enemy already gives.  Following that up with a missile scroll barrage would be a critfest.

So while a scroll-thief would probably do better DPS-wise on a single target, a paladin would be comparable damage AND get all the other nice party-based things that paladins bring to the table.

Or maybe there's a problem with this idea that I don't know about.  For example, would a paladin's high INT extend the disorienting effect or not?

Edited by Manty5

I think the main reason those are the scroll builds here is that Boeroer liked the concepts. Assuming the Goldpact Knight and Bleak Walker on-kill procs work with scrolls, you could get a lot more out of them than a conventional build.

Did you mean the Kind Wayfarers & Bleak Walkers on-kill procs? I don't think the Goldpact Knights have an on-kill proc (in PoE 1 at least).

Scon Mica's Roar doesn't reduce enemies' defenses by -30. Disorienting no longer stacks, so it's just -5.

The best scroll user in terms of accuracy is a fighter (30 starting + 20 from Disciplined Barrage) or a rogue in terms of damage (Deathblows + Deep Wounds).

Paladins are good against one single target with Sworn Enemy.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Scon Mica's Roar doesn't reduce enemies' defenses by -30. Disorienting no longer stacks, so it's just -5.

The best scroll user in terms of accuracy is a fighter (30 starting + 20 from Disciplined Barrage) or a rogue in terms of damage (Deathblows + Deep Wounds).

Paladins are good against one single target with Sworn Enemy.

Thanks for letting me know.  I was just trusting the main post in The Engineer build.  So a paladin scroll-user would be mostly doing it for the on-kill procs, so that you don't have to move to the enemy you're about to kill.