What I can't figure out is how on earth I keep getting addicted to games that aren't even released yet !?!

:banghead:

Quite simple.

Monkey see, monkey do syndrome. Deadfire: Monkey Island 2.0

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Positive depiction of heterosexual relationships, that's what I'm truly scared of.

I mean what if little kids play Deadfire and they get brainwashed into becoming heterosexual and start acting out on it?

The heterosexual agenda has found it's way into so many novels, stories, video games and movies already.

What if Deadfire is the next target of the heterosexual agenda?

I'm scared ;(

this but unironically

Your mom's a positive depiction of heterosexual relationships!

Oh wait...that doesn't work...

It works if you tweak it a bit...

"Your mom and I are a positive depiction of heterosexual relationships!" ;)

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

The Watcher is now fully voiced by Slavoj Zizek and the game's narrative is about toilets.

The hell did I just saw.

A true classic that shames all modern films.

You just need to watch this scene - you should be able to find the rest of the refereed scenes from there.

The hell did I just saw. Polish cinema isn't that bad after all :D

I recall that ad! Oddly enough I assumed at the time that it was referencing Béla Tarr's The Turin Horse, since potatoes do play a rather, er, prominent role in the film.

It's a brilliant film too (not necessarily evident through that clip - was just trying to find one involving potatoes). Also on the subject of Polish cinema, it's awesome! So many great auteurs came from it: Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Has, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Andrzej Zulawski, Jerzy Skolimowski, Roman Polanski (yes), Krzysztof Zanussi, Jerzy Kawalerowicz, Jerzy Hoffmann, Andrzej Munk, and the list goes on. Plenty of talent emerged from there, especially from the polish new wave back in the late 50s.

Yeah but no one outside of Poland can pronounce most of those names and the one they can pronounce raped a kid. Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You guys are sure bored around here  -_-

well, we need an update or something (to fuel even more wild speculation)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

The Watcher is now fully voiced by Slavoj Zizek and the game's narrative is about toilets.

The hell did I just saw.

A true classic that shames all modern films.

You just need to watch this scene - you should be able to find the rest of the refereed scenes from there.

The hell did I just saw. Polish cinema isn't that bad after all :D

I recall that ad! Oddly enough I assumed at the time that it was referencing Béla Tarr's The Turin Horse, since potatoes do play a rather, er, prominent role in the film.

It's a brilliant film too (not necessarily evident through that clip - was just trying to find one involving potatoes). Also on the subject of Polish cinema, it's awesome! So many great auteurs came from it: Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Has, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Andrzej Zulawski, Jerzy Skolimowski, Roman Polanski (yes), Krzysztof Zanussi, Jerzy Kawalerowicz, Jerzy Hoffmann, Andrzej Munk, and the list goes on. Plenty of talent emerged from there, especially from the polish new wave back in the late 50s.

Yeah but no one outside of Poland can pronounce most of those names and the one they can pronounce raped a kid.

Still doesn't make it bad. :p

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I'm afraid the situation is far more dire that anyone has thought:

Garsten and Sawyer have proven to be nothing more than puppets (and

there's video confirmation of this). The true master of this unfolding

mystery continues to elude you. One thing is certain: Someone has

taken a very personal interest in seeking your death, though why, you

are not sure. Your search for answers continues, and the foreboding

Cloakwood forest is your next target.
  • Like 6

Well it's obviously Avellone, he's always up to no good.

• Like 2

Well it's obviously Avellone, he's always up to no good.

Yes. We should have suspected something when he started amassing that army of huge spiders. Oh, and wyverns.

• Like 2

Also on the subject of Polish cinema, it's awesome! So many great auteurs came from it: Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Has, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Andrzej Zulawski, Jerzy Skolimowski, Roman Polanski (yes), Krzysztof Zanussi, Jerzy Kawalerowicz, Jerzy Hoffmann, Andrzej Munk, and the list goes on. Plenty of talent emerged from there, especially from the polish new wave back in the late 50s.

Quite, the good old days were really nice (it's the present times that I'm concerned about) and Martin Scorsese aproves of this as well.

Sorry for offtopic, y'all.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Also on the subject of Polish cinema, it's awesome! So many great auteurs came from it: Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Has, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Andrzej Zulawski, Jerzy Skolimowski, Roman Polanski (yes), Krzysztof Zanussi, Jerzy Kawalerowicz, Jerzy Hoffmann, Andrzej Munk, and the list goes on. Plenty of talent emerged from there, especially from the polish new wave back in the late 50s.

Quite, the good old days were really nice (it's the present times that I'm concerned about) and Martin Scorsese aproves of this as well.

Yup, I learned about that a while back and it got me very excited. I'm very interested in the ramifications it'll have regarding proper Blu-Ray releases for several of the films exhibited there. The World Cinema Project already led to the outstanding Criterion release of those respective films, and I hope this means we'll get a Criterion release (or re-release) soon of the Polish ones. On my part, since I've moved to Blu-Ray the only two DVDs I've bought were Wojciech Has' The Hour-Glass Sanatorium and The Saragossa Manuscript - I was visiting the BFI in London at the time and came across these, and seeing that they were available and region-free too (courtesy of Mr. Bongo) I just *had* to have them, what with how dearly I loved these two. Was a good purchase too since the transfers are pretty good, for a DVD. On the other hand Janus Films also send a few copies to Argentina of their touring restorations, to the likes of MALBA or the BAFICI, and here's hoping this'll mean I'll some day get to see more of these films in the big screen (of the films features in Scorsese's catalogue I've only seen Mother Joan of the Angels in theatres - also some Andrzej Zulawski films but they're not part of his project I think).

I haven't seen much Polish cinema recently, I admit. I recall really liking Ida but that's about it. So you might be right there (have not enjoyed at all the other couple of recent Polish films I've seen).

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

We get new masterpieces from time to time:

4f5afe7f2a32b210c94a0070b1ca07e3--nice-t

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I love you.

• Like 1

I am sure the game will be full of trap choices.

At the beginning you can chose whatever class you like, but only a few of them can actually finish the game. Only if you have the right class, join the right faction and have some other right choices you can finish the game. In all other cases you will face an unavoidable game over, but only many hours after the choice that doomed you and the game will never tell you what was the wrong choice.

Like you have to be a priest of magram who joines the pirates and romances Xoti, a paladin/rogue who joins the Huana who burns down a village or a conjurer who is cruel and tortures a certain character can finish the game. All other will face game over.

The exact combination of right choices will be different for every sold game and it will change with every update. This means you are doomed if the game updates during your playthrough.

• Like 3

The only sidequest is a retelling of Me and Jesus the Pimp in a '79 Granada Last Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPr1JLoYLW4

Well now I need to play a toilet obsessed Zizek through the first game, thanks a lot.

You should have already done this.

Still doesn't make it bad. :p

Better than NWN at least.

It's not off-topic if Eothas turns out to be Joe Pesci.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Obs were in so much trouble that they had to approach EA for help. EA said, sure thing brothers, but our guys at bioware will have to take charge... and we are looking for an isometric game along the lines of DA Inquisition. Dumbed down and designed purely for consoles. Might have to spend years and many patches to convert to a workable pc version.

And considering how successful Star Wars has been, largely due to one character, you guys need to add Jar Jar binks as a compulsory companion.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

- The epilogue will be a guy in a suit giving a confusing talk that does not make any sense and gives you no indication whether the story is supposed to be complete or if there will be another game.

- Before that, you might be given the choice between 3 different endings, all of which consist of blowing everything to pieces. The only difference will be the color of the visual effects.

- To expand on a previous post: Unless you make an obscure dialogue choice in the first few minutes, your party will somehow end up in Proxima Centauri and everyone dies. This only happens roughly 20h into the game, of course.

- Your main character is constantly being forced to ask stupid questions about the setting, the answers of which he would absolutely have to know after the first game.

- One of the NPCs constantly makes pop culture references, no matter how poorly they fit

- None of the female characters gets to wear functional clothing or armor

- Last minute overhaul of the magic system: You have to type incantations as text into some input field in order to cast spells. To enforce realism, this field is locked while the game is paused. Typos kill the caster.

• Like 1