3.) Monsters give no XP, quests only give enough to level to half of the level cap

Rumor has it those lootboxes will be filled with the remaining experience in allotments between 1 and 9999 as determined by a new RNG algorithm which Obsidian has secretly developed in partnership with EA and Activision.

• Like 2

What I am  really really concerned about is that the Firearms have no safety switch. What if I am walking around Eora and my Blunderbuss accidentally goes off and blows my foot off or even worse blows my balls off!

We need a safety switch mechanism on the the firearms in this game!!

And can just anyone buy a firearm? i think procedures should be put in place so only those aged 21 and above can purchase them. Some kind of official licencing system.

I heard that you cannot use firearms if playing in Europe, except you live in Switzerland. And if you are in the UK you also cannot use bows, knives, swords, maces or any other stuff which resembles a weapon (also magic is forbidden).

I also heard that you play through the entire game in about 5 hours (the beta is the whole game actually, but some areas will be cut out for release).

Nevertheless it will be a good game.

• Like 1

Lastly, to honor the Eastern Puma (which has officially been filed for extinction), pretty sure Obsidian will l integrate Mountain Lions or a creature resembling such into Deadfire.

so we can empathise with the poachers when the mountain lions attack us on sight and we're forced to make them extinct digitally too?

Also I just heard that the only way to get the Paladin Greatsword of Dragon Slaying +10 is to complete the in-game romance (though it's not too difficult if you win the dancing mini-game and buy Pallegina enough trinkets).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

PERFORMANCE! You would think that a game with a 2d background and an isometric view would run on a potato. No, Sir! While the basic graphical nature of the game comes with a limited option screen, it doesn’t mean that it won’t require an expensive machine to run. Beta suffers from some serious performance issues. New weather effects seriously tank the frame rate and, strangely enough, so do menues. Inventory screen seems to be the new Crysis. Sure, they say that will be fixed. They say that the optimisation is the last thing to do. But I know better. I have heard all of that before. <But seriously, why is inventory screen so bloody taxing. It makes managing equipment a real pain.>

I don't have access to the beta, but from what I've seen on YouTube and posts like yours, it seems it would be really difficult to maintain a high performance on a low-end rig. Suffice to say, I don't believe these promises also.

Deadfire has full capacity to run well - its very uneven right now. Sometimes I get smooth framerate, sometime it gets really bad. I have seen other games drastically improve performance within one patch, so its not impossible, but its probably my biggest fear right now. All excited I will launch the game soon after release and it will run like crap. 

Edited by Wormerine

1. Loot boxes every where
  2. Every load screen takes 8 minutes to load.

Honestly not sure which is worse.

Having played tonnes of computer games in the 80s, I'm even getting nostalgic thinking about 2, so 1 is clearly worse.

The true horror about Deadfire?

I've been bribed off not to tell you guys, as have all the beta testers, but I can't take this anymore! 

Deadfire doesn't exist in the form they've let you see in all the footage.

Noticed how all the images taken from the beta are like from 10 locations with very few monsters and scripted interactions?

That's because that's all there is! It's just a facade.

The rest of the game is either vaporware or, if Katrina's desperate text to me the day before she left can be trusted, a classic text game, where you type N, W, E, and S, in order to "move around" in the game. And then you press a few other keys to have your roleplaying moments. Rumour has it that they ripped off the Never-ending Story text adventure. Gosh, that was one frustrating game!

In short, Deadfire will suck beyond belief, even for old muppets like me!

• Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The reality of Deadfire:

• The Naga smell like elderberries
  • Slow spells take 27 seconds to cast.
  • Monsters give no XP, quests only give enough to level to half of the level cap
  • After resting 11 times the games music changes to Aint no rest for the wicked by Cage the Elephant on a constant loop
  • Eder is now gay.
  • Loot boxes every where
  • Every load screen takes 8 minutes to load.
  • You will be forced to make a Dwarf character at some point in time.
  • Might, Resolve, Strength, Vigor, Brawn Moxie, and a certain je ne sais quoi will be added as Attributes

Wait! Eder wasn’t gay in POE1? Sheesh.... that changes everything.

• Like 2

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

in the end, the watcher dies

"Everything dies. You, me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy. And, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable. And I accept it." - Reed Richards

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

in the end, the watcher dies

"Everything dies. You, me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy. And, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable. And I accept it." - Reed Richards

"Enter Haer'Dalis!"

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

"'And the door stands agape, suddenly, and with great trepidation our heroes step into the dark interior of a lion's den'..." - Haer'Dalis

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Lastly, to honor the Eastern Puma (which has officially been filed for extinction), pretty sure Obsidian will l integrate Mountain Lions or a creature resembling such into Deadfire.

so we can empathise with the poachers when the mountain lions attack us on sight and we're forced to make them extinct digitally too?

Also I just heard that the only way to get the Paladin Greatsword of Dragon Slaying +10 is to complete the in-game romance (though it's not too difficult if you win the dancing mini-game and buy Pallegina enough trinkets).

No. It will be a pet. Who said anything about it being an enemy or hostile to the player? Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Obviously the fact that Obsidian have been centering their updates primarily around game mechanics and graphics suggests everything else is LACKING, and clearly they believe this too. Otherwise, why would they not talk about their story, why not talk about the themes? They're even making it more of an open-world game than before, adding non-linear exploration and so on, clearly this is showing that the devs don't trust their vision for story and themes! THEY HAVE NO TRUE VISION. And all this talk about Tekehu? He's just a Street Shark, that's all that's interesting about him! Where's talk of Xoti, or Serafen, or Maia? They know these characters are all weak, they know they won't be memorable. You think the reason Obsidian did not talk about any of this is because they want to leave it a surprise? Why? The hype machine demands every aspect of a game as sacrifice! All these videos show is lack of confidence, or worse, an absence altogether. You think the beta's just a small part of the game? THINK AGAIN.

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The devs have implemented a "decision wheel." Every time you need to make a choice, a wheel pops up with three options to select from, colored blue, green and red. Each choice will have far-reaching effects in that it will change one (1) line of subsequent dialogue and alter the color of your clothing/armor slightly.

Any companions who don't like your color palette will leave the party. Choose wisely.

• Like 5

Game breaking bug prevents player from choosing sides with new factions. Only affects Swiss release of game.

Possible Non-combat playthrough implemented last minute! Mistakenly locked to French release.

Firearms in US release... look I'll stop

• Like 2

Deadfire is so dumbed down it's actually just The Room remade in the PoE engine. No gameplay at all.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

* Due to last minute focus testing Deadfire will now be a Multiplayer-only title with all players on the same shard - there will be both PvE and PvP,

* In addition to the above, there will be no text chat feature. Instead there will be a global voice chat that you cannot disable.

• Like 5

We find out Obsidian closed their doors and fired everyone 11 months ago. The real Josh Sawyer is actually locked away for good in an insane asylum and he walks around in a Barney suit, all the while eating Cheetos and leaving giant, orange, greasy paw prints on his co-crazies white hospital gowns.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I would make a gag about Tommy Wiseau getting hired to voice Tekehu but, actually, that would be awesome.

Oh hai Aloth.
  • Like 8

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands