World Map - Land Encounters

DexGames

Question

Went into something weird & probably not intended.

I found it accidentally by missclicking a Dialogue Option :

[Didn't found it mentionned]

• Run into the "Delemgan Encounter", [for exemple], outside of Tikawara.
  • This Encounter is supposed to block the way, preventing you from passing through it if you don't interact with it.
  • Choose, "Go back from where you came" option. [meaning you just leave]
  • But when you do, the "Encounter Disappears".
  • Then, you're free to pass through.
  • Like 3

3 answers to this question

It certainly happened to me before, but with the buffed up Lagufaeth. Once I avoided him the encounter disappeared. I assumed it's intentional, but now when you mention it I am not so sure. As they are hand placed events and don't pop up randomly (at least in the beta) It seems weird for them to just disappear from the face of the earth forever. Really inconsistant with how the rest of the game works.

True. I've managed to shake off scripted land encounters more than once, and in all beta patches. I should have known that there was something fishy going on, and I'm not talking about the Lagufaeth or some sharkman lover here.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just a Disclaimer :

I wanna say that an Encounter "can" disappear, if you play it that way within the Dialogue Choices, throughout the Scripted Interaction.

That's totaly fine & a pretty valid outcome.

But what I'm pointing at is the fact that :

It can disappear even if you don't do anything with it, [Aka : Instantly Leave], so it shouldn't disappear, as it isn't "solved" yet.

Just wanted to make sure the point was clear enough & understood. I think that's a bug.

• Like 2