Another Resolve Suggestion + Interrupt

I think a lot of people really don't like the empower idea, so what if resolve determined how many effects & what level can be cast.
For every duration spell cast the characters concentration is reduced by the level of spell (Concentration is restored after effect expires)

Lets say concentration = resolve x 3

This would mean that at resolve 3 (9 concentration) any spell can be cast, however if a level 9 duration spell is cast the character may will be incapable of casting until the effect expires. (The player should have the opportunity to cancel the effect.

Also, rather than focusing on long cast times, in order to make interrupts an valid mechanic, how about buffing all duration effects, however these can be interrupted after cast. In most cases this will cancel the effect, however some foe AOE such as  plague of insects could become a  general AOE

Let me summarise it just to make sure I understand it right: casting buffs with decrease casters (or everyone inflicted?) concentration making it easier to interrupt him/her next time he/she casts. It would be still possible to cast as many buffs as one desires but it would get easier and easier to get interrupted.

As a side note: it is already possible to cancel buff/debuff by casting on a target opposites debuff/buff of the same type of affliction (strenght, dexterity, perception etc.)

Sorry if I wasn't clear, my suggestion was that ALL overtime effects can be interrupted including DOT, and that all spells are faster to cast.

This would mean that DOT/heal over time spells should be much more powerful than direct damage, but direct damage/heal spells would be more reliable.

Basically it's another suggestion on how to ditch slow cast spells but give a purpose to interrupt spells.

Also is it bad to have multiple ways to counter buffs/debuffs, I thought allowing different solutions to the same problem was one of the strengths of POE1

My resolve suggestion was that it acts as a hard cap to how many effects can be cast at once (Including summons and spells cast by items)

E.g. A resolve 18 character could essentially have as many effects active as its dex. allows.
A resolve 3 character could only cast a single level 9 buff or say 3 x lvl 3 buffs.