What I really meant: why do you think you were right?

Full VO is not confirmed yet. Actually I guess there will be no full VO. The 2.4 million dollar stretch goal was Korean language and more VO:

In addition to localizing Pillars II into Korean, our stretch goal announcement for $2.4 million is to place additional voice-over audio into Pillars II for a variety of characters, both adding voices to some previously unvoiced characters, and expanding voice sets for characters with already limited voices. While this won't mean every line of dialogue or text is voiced, it will significantly expand the amount of spoken-word dialogue in the Pillars II experience.

Emphasis on the last sentence.

Further stretch goals had nothing to do with VO and I also read no more definitive statements concerning full VO.

So, saying "I was right - Full Voice Over!" is like saying "In always knew that you would die from lung cancer!" when your chain-smoker friend tells you that he has a sore throat. Except! Except you know more than I do concerning VO of Pillars - hence my question.

Something about another member posting links being posted about every character being voiced in Deadfire with Matt Mercer and team... or were those not real?

To be honest I never thought about or considered other languages in audio translation, I was speaking only about English. English is not my primary language but it's the only language I play games in so I rarely give thought to it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

[...] so it's not surprising for Obsidian to follow their example and try their hand at accomplishing this as well.

And there's the misinformation.

(If they do) My answer being based on the unannounced links posted by another member.

There, now y'all can breathe :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Dude. It's not about other languages being voiced over. It is about English VO only. Korean was included in the stretch goal as localization, not VO.

The links that were posted had a video that said that the complete Critical Role team will do voice over for Deadfire. No word about FULL voice over.

The stuff in articles were just assumptions with no source given.

Hence my question if you know more about it.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Something about another member posting links being posted about every character being voiced in Deadfire with Matt Mercer and team... or were those not real?

What are you talking about? I am trying to figure out whenever you have odd sense of humour, or just you see things a different way (Snowcap?).

The announcement is that the entire cast of Critical Role will be acting in Deadfire, not they they will voice everything. They are like 7 people there, which is NOT enough to fully voice an RPG.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

Dude. It's not about other languages being voiced over. It is about English VO only. Korean was included in the stretch goal as localization, not VO.

The links that were posted had a video that said that the complete Critical Role team will do voice over for Deadfire. No word about FULL voice over.

The stuff in articles were just assumptions with no source given.

Hence my question if you know more about it.

Okay, Thanks. No, I don't really know alot about it.

What are you talking about? I am trying to figure out whenever you have odd sense of humour, or just you see things a different way (Snowcap?).

The announcement is that the entire cast of Critical Role will be acting in Deadfire, not they they will voice everything. They are like 7 people there, which is NOT enough to fully voice an RPG.

I see, if I recall correctly it was rumored that each member would voice multiple characters but this is too far back and where I can not find so do not know, since it's not uncommon for a voice actor to do multiple roles. So naturally that was the encounter in my brain with all this but you're right, 7 is not enough for something like 600 Deadfire in-depth living/beifing npc's.

Edit: Breathing

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I see, if I recall correctly it was rumored that each member would voice multiple characters but this is too far back and where I can not find so do not know, since it's not uncommon for a voice actor to do multiple roles. So naturally that was the encounter in my brain with all this but you're right, 7 is not enough for something like 600 Deadfire in-depth living/beifing npc's.

They probably will voice multiple characters. In PoE Matt Mercer alone voiced 3 confirmed characters (Eder, Aloth, PC Sinister voiceset) and I am sure he did more - it sounded like he did Skaen priest under Dyrwood. I heard Pallegina actress do the voice for Crucible Knight representative at the animancy hearing. That's how it goes. If they are good actors it isn't even an issue. 

Sonic, dude... you gotta stop doing this. You're misinforming people left and right non-stop.

How am I misinforming people exactly? I've never misinformed people on the forum so I'd like to know where this is coming from.

Did you mean misinterpret?

Well if you "misinterpret" things never been said, you're misinforming. If you're posting your misinterpretations as facts, you're also misinforming. You either post facts or post your speculations based on facts.
Got it, 

If you say so ;)

They probably will voice multiple characters. In PoE Matt Mercer alone voiced 3 confirmed characters (Eder, Aloth, PC Sinister voiceset) and I am sure he did more - it sounded like he did Skaen priest under Dyrwood. I heard Pallegina actress do the voice for Crucible Knight representative at the animancy hearing. That's how it goes. If they are good actors it isn't even an issue. 

Voice actors for video games are usually giving one main role and then smaller stuff to fill in their recording session. That is because VO are paid in chunk of 4 hours even if they have less material than that, so their schedule usually include smaller stuff to fill in the rest of the time slot. Good VO are able to do more lines per recording session too.

Critical Role team has a lots of range though...well outside of Liam who always sound like Liam because he has a very distinctive voice, but he can do good and bad guys with it. Laura also has a very distinctive voice too, but she can change it (well used to be able to, her recent stuff all sound the same..it's like she's type cast, lol...so his Travis for that matter).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Voice actors for video games are usually giving one main role and then smaller stuff to fill in their recording session. That is because VO are paid in chunk of 4 hours even if they have less material than that, so their schedule usually include smaller stuff to fill in the rest of the time slot. Good VO are able to do more lines per recording session too.

Critical Role team has a lots of range though...well outside of Liam who always sound like Liam because he has a very distinctive voice, but he can do good and bad guys with it. Laura also has a very distinctive voice too, but she can change it (well used to be able to, her recent stuff all sound the same..it's like she's type cast, lol...so his Travis for that matter).

For me Travis and Sam are the hardest to recognise. While Matt, who can do a million different voices is quite easy for me to recognise, mainly because as a DM he has done so many different voices as different NPCs, it's like I've already heard lots of his characters before hand.

Laura on the other hand, I feel the devs just want her to use a similar voice because people like what she did with some of the characters.

Edited by jf8350143

Huh. I knew about most of these people individually as talented voice actors with tons of range, but never knew of Critical Role as a group.

That's basically the Voice Actor's curse right there.

People know your work, but nobody knows who you actually are.  And if people know who you are, they probably have no idea the other things you've been involved with.

True, but to be fair I did actually know the names of many of them. I just didn't know about Critical Role.

It's really sad when a VA gets typecast. All the downsides of typecasting without the upside of getting extra recognition because you're still ultimately just a voice with no face attached. But i guess the important part of typecast is the "cast" part in the end.

Edited by The Sharmat
  • Like 2