I'm curious what they will come out with next any idea?

IronMagus

ive heard some hints as to a new rpg they have in the works and im hoping they out do themselves again like they did with Fallout new vegas ive hundreds of hours on console and pc combined and just cant get enough of it.

im sure its a "secret" but anyone have a uneducated guess :)

It's a new IP, definitely a new rpg but we don't really know anything other than those two things.

As long as they focus on creating a new world without limits, it will be great. Tyranny was a bit of a let-down, hopefully it's not like Tyranny. That's all I wish.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well the lore/world/ideas behind Tyranny was/is nice (for me). I just loathe the game mechanics and the character building.

Does Obsidian own the IP on Tyranny? Or is it Paradox's?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well the lore/world/ideas behind Tyranny was/is nice (for me). I just loathe the game mechanics and the character building.

I thought it was Paradox but I don't have any sources to back that up

Free games updated 3/4/21

Paradox

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Or Fallout 4. You know, real Fallout 4.

I'm still waiting for the real Fallout 3 :p

New Vegas is all the real Fallout 3 anyone could need... minus the isometric gameplay, maybe  :disguise:

There is that and a few other things. Even though its still my favorite game of all time, its got a lot of flaws.

Honestly is Obsidian could do a modern (but not too futuristic that it's cyberpunk) day, fantasy urban jungle similar to The Secret World or Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines but as an isometric crag, that'd be stellar. What do you guys think?

Edited by EbonyBetty
  • Like 2

It’s a shame that this entire subforum has turned into an enormous circlejerk. I hope they post something substantive soon, if for no other reason than this will stop.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Honestly is Obsidian could do a modern (but not too futuristic that it's cyberpunk) day, fantasy urban jungle similar to The Secret World or Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines but as an isometric crag, that'd be stellar. What do you guys think?

There is a lot that they could do that would be fantastic, that included.

I think there are a handful of Cyberpunk titles on the horizon so I think I'd like them to try something more like Modern Urban Fantasy or Sci-fi in the vein of Dune, Star Trek or Cowboy bebop (none of this ME / SWs high fantasy in space ****.)

I think there are a handful of Cyberpunk titles on the horizon so I think I'd like them to try something more like Modern Urban Fantasy or Sci-fi in the vein of Dune, Star Trek or Cowboy bebop (none of this ME / SWs high fantasy in space ****.)

Cyberpunk is an under-utilized genre, but fallacious derivatives like Shadowrun and Deus Ex get lauded as "cyberpunk" genre works because the genre is still so niche that most people just assume "near-future transhumanism" is sufficient to justify the "cyberpunk" label. Considering I am, at my own current time, the only one looking at this thread, I will simply assume all future readers are aware of the basics of cyberpunk, and what makes "classics" like Shadowrun and Deus Ex ineligible for that categorization. 

Edited by AGX-17

Cyberpunk is an under-utilized genre, but fallacious derivatives like Shadowrun and Deus Ex get lauded as "cyberpunk" genre works because the genre is still so niche that most people just assume "near-future transhumanism" is sufficient to justify the "cyberpunk" label. Considering I am, at my own current time, the only one looking at this thread, I will simply assume all future readers are aware of the basics of cyberpunk, and what makes "classics" like Shadowrun and Deus Ex ineligible for that categorization. 

Ah, the good ole no true Scotsman setup.