Does anyone else think OBS have announced two release dates to generate publicity?

Delaying your game will be considered a bad sign by lots of people. Just look at Bioware, they delayed Anthem and everyone is screaming "the game is going to be ****" instead of "good, they have more time to polish the game".

OBS is kind lucky because their fan base generally has more confidence in them comparing to other companies, so no huge negative buzz will be generated. But it's still a risky and unnecessary (probably useless as well) move if you want to get people hyped for the game.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 2

Delaying your game will be considered a bad sign by lots of people. Just look at Bioware, they delayed Anthem and everyone is screaming "the game is going to be ****" instead of "good, they have more time to polish the game".

OBS is kind lucky because their fan base generally has more confidence in them comparing to other companies, so no huge negative buzz will be generated. But it's still a risky and unnecessary (probably useless as well) movie.

Good post

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Not even a little. You know what is better publicity than a second release date? Releasing the game. Take off the tin-foil hat.

here we go again personal attacks on this forum for new time posters

mods you are a joke letting this happen time after time after time after time

Ways newcomers can ingratiate themselves on a new forum:

1) start off posting half-baked stupid ****

2) insult the moderators

Bravo, sir! You’re 2/2!!

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The members here are going to troll this thread so bad lol Well, they already are...

As for your question, I don't see anything wrong with your post, I know it will generate heat & to be honest, this isn't the best place to ask as it's an Obsidian fanboy forum and most active peeps here are backers. That means bias will craze the cult and if you're not with them, you're against them. So keep your head high and keep doing what you're doing. As this has been my experience plenty times.

Obsidian seems to be going to a strange transition right now, hard to know what they're doing exactly or what they're thinking. Realistically, they could be so maybe, maybe not. All I know is that they are losing staff which is a distraction.

Waiting for people to call this "click bait" or compare you to me ;) Sheeple mindsets never fail.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The members here are going to troll this thread so bad lol Well, they already are...

As for your question, I don't see anything wrong with your post, I know it will generate heat & to be honest, this isn't the best place to ask as it's an Obsidian fanboy forum and most active peeps here are backers. That means bias will craze the cult and if you're not with them, you're against them. So keep your head high and keep doing what you're doing. As this has been my experience plenty times.

Waiting for people to call this "click bait" or compare you to me ;) Sheeple mindsets never fail.

yeah no joke

Im on the warhammer total war forum aswell and it is incredibly friendly and positve over there

Ive browsed through the threads on this forum and its as if alot of poeple here have depression or something , just looking for aggression and a way to vent there frustrations in life

• Like 1

Don't worry about it, if it gets too hectic, a mod will intrervene.. Usually as the game gets closer to release, the forums get more toxic. I think this happens on alot of forums but you're right, some forums are definitely more mature than others. I wouldn't doubt if your thread got reported by a few members out of sheer desperation of "winning" but at least we have level-headed mods here which I'm grateful for. In my short time here, mods have always been supportive for me which matters more than members supports and those who have been against my name hate that fact and wish I would leave which I never will.

I think it's more their worry and doubt which causes members to display their agreession towards people they know deep down may be right. "We don't want your crap here, you fool, go away!" is the general atritude youll see here if someone sees something they dont like or agree with but I mean, it would be nice if we saw something more intelligent like "Maybe I should talk to them and see why exactly do they feel this way, or maybe I should send them a p.m."

It's also not uncommon for birds of the same feather to flock together so because your innocent thread is considered (by them) as negative or threatening to the product they look forward to, expect group up of fanboys to troll hard. And even more cowardice, some may mention you in another post because you ticked them off without trying. Just letting you know what to expect hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Uh oh, Achilles repeating himself again with the same old troll tactics :)

Edit: Dag nabbit... Wrong account! I had one job!!

Edited by SonicMage117

Not even a little. You know what is better publicity than a second release date? Releasing the game. Take off the tin-foil hat.

"Take off the tin-foil hat" is hardly a personal attack. At the same time you call moderators a joke.

There are a lot of new members here who don't get attacked. So maybe it's not all the forum's or moderators fault. Maybe your posting style provokes certain reactions? What do you think?  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

We mods would appreciate if people stopped baselessly accusing posters of using alt accounts. Use the report function if you feel you have a real grievance.

This thread is being monitored, by the way, and action will be taken if deemed necessary.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pretty much this. I doubt delay announcement is ever a positive thing - IMO, in case of Deadfire it is, because I would rather see it baked well than pushed through the door. Keep in mind that the longer the developer works on the game, the more it costs. If Obsidian can do an extra month of work it’s a good thing.

What influences publicity is releasing a game and having it being broken - something that Obsidian had to do many times in the past. All reviews will be there to stay - the first impression is important.

Anthem is a different beast. We got shiny looking-finished fake trailer on E3. That is it? We know it’s not real. Now, what is the game? What stage it is at? Why should it be good if Bioware failed to release a good game in years? Also it’s EA. EA hasn’t published anything good in a while. Why are those key team members leaving? Is Bioware getting sacked next? Do I even care at this point?

With Deadfire we have been kept in touch on what stage development is, and how it plays and what we can expect. We know development is wrapping up, and extra month is not a long time. If they would delay it into 2019, then sure, something went horribly wrong. But I would rather have Obsidian do balancing and bug testing than me.

EDIT: typos

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

"Take off the tin-foil hat" is hardly a personal attack. At the same time you call moderators a joke.

There are a lot of new members here who don't get attacked. So maybe it's not all the forum's or moderators fault. Maybe your posting style provokes certain reactions? What do you think?  

i think you are a long term user of these forums who could set better standards. why dont you promote posatiivity  instead of negativity.

IF a comment is directed at another user is should not be a comment that is insulting. 

Take of the tin foil hat?? are you kidding me he was insinuating im crazy

grow up!

No he wasn't. Tin foil hat refers to conspiracy theorists and he was saying that suggesting that, given there's a more obvious explanation for the delay, your suggestion was bordering on a conspiracy theory.

• Like 5

No he wasn't. Tin foil hat refers to conspiracy theorists and he was saying that suggesting that, given there's a more obvious explanation for the delay, your suggestion was bordering on a conspiracy theory.

This is correct, I was not trying to attack the OP but rather reinforce my statement. Though, apropos of nothing, paranoia would be something I associate with conspiracy theorists.

• Like 7

I have screen shotted this thread and a few other threads where the mods have let the trolls run rampant

I am sending it all to onsidians head office so hopefully we can get rid of the crap , maybe new mods

rofl

• Like 7

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Ugh... I feel like I am making a mistake but let’s try: OP here is the thing:

Disagreeing is not the same as attacking someone. You can’t post something and expect a pat on the head from everyone.

As far as “tin foil hat” comment: it was a criticism of your theory not you as a person. A suggestion that a company is manipulating release dates for publicity gains is in conspirator theory territory. Therefore, bleedthefreak stab with tin foil hat. However, that his comment is ridiculing your theory, not you.

To make things a bit more cheerful, here is a Care Bears episode:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_CHjjOoGg

• Like 12

i think you are a long term user of these forums who could set better standards. why dont you promote posatiivity instead of negativity.

IF a comment is directed at another user is should not be a comment that is insulting.

grow up!

I think the standard I set over the last years is pretty ok. That doesn't mean that I can't say my opinion even if it somewhat offends you. I don't like insults, but it must be ok if people don't agree with what your're saying. Your initial statement was very, very far fetched and kind of silly - certain reactions can be expected and should not surprise you.

Saying that I promote negativity in this forum is like saying Marry Poppins promotes flaying kids with a cat'o nine tails.

You don't promote positivity yourself. You're acting passive-aggressively at the slightest criticism and at the same time you want to be treated like a sensitive plant. Actually at the moment it's your posts that promote negativity, not mine.

"Grow up!" is not really a positive statement either.

That last post about the screenshots for example was really silly and awkward.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I though it was evident that the delay was because Josh decided to add beta feedbacks (might/strength/resolve changes, combat speed changes, interrupted behavior, buffing a few single class, etc) after the original release date was given and these changes are taking time to do and introducing bugs along the way so more bugfixing is required.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.