Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Henry's come to see us!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3660 posts

Combat in close environments is very buggy, specially once combos and ripostes are in play. It seems like there's issues with character placement and collision leading to you spawning on a different place or the game outright entering a loop.

Edit: OK, this one quite actually bothers me as it makes combat worse; apparently despite your cursor and attacks pointing out to one guy the game keeps you engaged to the nearest target. So if you are attacking one guy successfully and he stumbles back the game will pin you in place because there is a guy beside you who might be in the middle of raising his sword.

Edit,Edit:Ok the game constantly spawns soldiers to a town garrison, so much for realism.

Edited by Orogun01, 16 March 2018 - 07:20 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1699 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Has anyone tried jousting? If so, what are your thoughts?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3660 posts

Has anyone tried jousting? If so, what are your thoughts?

There's jousting in this game?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1699 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
That's what someone said on Steam but I have yet to see anything on youtube so I thought I'd ask.

Edit: Double checked, so many threads on the subject on Steam. No joustig, not yet at least.

Edited by SonicMage117, 18 March 2018 - 11:40 AM.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4981 posts

Yeah it was a stretch goal, but they've decided to postpone it to a later expansion or update - I recall they said pathfinding made it ctd like a Bethesda game riddled with mods.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3660 posts

The monastery quest is grossly underdeveloped, also **** Latin.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3660 posts

Ok, I'm the most OP character in all the land. I escape from a enemy camp, proceed to kill all my enemies all the way through and suddenly i'm stopped by one of those ****ers with plot immunity that I cannot hit. I get that in the context of a city but an enemy camp; at least Skyrim had the decency of letting you hit them within an inch of their lives.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6963 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I finally started playing KC:D now that I can pull myself away from Monster Hunter.  Very early going, but I'm finding the game quite enjoyable, despite it being kinda rough (as expected).  I particularly enjoy hunting with the bow and really like how they implemented the bow in this game.  Firing a bow just seems way too easy in most game.  I've fired a bow in real life many times, and while the amount of sway I experienced wasn't nearly as pronounced as what's in the game, that's with a modern compound bow with some 80% let off.  The bows you fire in this game have no such mechanical advantages, hence the sway seems reasonable, given how much harder it would be to hold a bow without let off drawn.  I'm trying to be a good boy in the game; no thievery, no digging up corpses, etc.  Plus, I want to talk my way through situations as much as possible.  I'll probably use bow and axe as my main weapons.

My biggest criticism so far is that you go from dirty impoverished peasant to rubbing elbows with lords rather rapidly.  I wish the journey from downtrodden commoner to nobility knowing you by name and treating you with a modicum of respect had taken longer.

Edited by Keyrock, 25 March 2018 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users