Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Henry's come to see us!

Rosbjerg

Last thread here.

Seeing that original kickstarter video was interesting, the final product seems quite close, but at the same time they've obviously gone in a much different direction with many mechanics. Pickpocketing in particular..

Fortune favors the bald.

Indeed.

The game is so different now thab it was from kickstarter beta or even at launch. I wonder how much more it will change.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

For me, it's remarkable how similar the KS video is to launch (didn't do the beta). The major thing that's missing is proper large-scale / siege / horseback combat - hence paring it down to 'part 1' release - but the visual style, the basic combat system and even the animations, the design of medieval towns and wilderness, etc. is all there. Of course, POE for example had virtually zero in-game footage to speak of at this stage, and a single mock-up screenshot.

The pickpocket minigame indeed is very silly.

I still think the game would be better off without open-world - and that also goes for W3 and quite a lot of other open-world projects - but ah well, that's the vogue right now.

Edited by Tigranes
  • Like 2

Considering the "non-linear story" that ended up in the game, indeed the sandbox wasn't really necessary all that much. Still think the gameworld looks pretty nice and just riding / walking around randomly does have something for it as well in this game.

I can understand them cutting the large-scale battles and stuff. Performance isn't exactly the best just now.. then imagine 10 times the amount of action going on. Just not feasible as is.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The game is so different than the original vision. Check out the Steam forums, or KCD Twitter. If you follow the devs on either, you'll see constant apologies from the devs on how it changed so much since the kickstarter days.

If you ask me, the changes are for the better, both major changes and minor changes but this isn't done yet. If course I'm talking about the story and general mechanics of the game, we all know the graphics were downgraded for the console versions so that's not worth talking about I guess.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Huh. I guess I missed out, since I never tried the beta or bothered to follow all the dev comments. I guess for me it's about the big vision of the game, where I think they ultimately stuck to the KS pitch - even if a million things changed in between.

• Like 1

Full disclosure, I'm drunk both in game and IRL. I killed my horse with 2 arrow shots because I the damn thing would properly cross a bridge, then for some reason the townspeople diced to  report me to the authorities. Buzz****ing killer I  killed all of the soldiers but the game won't let me attack those damn "essential" characters, so despite having killed a stronghold I just have to surrender or reload. What a ****ing croc.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, game dev is oftentimes about iteration. The first version really rarely looks like the final release, so I'm not sure why folks make a big deal about how a game has changed over time.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, unless it's Colonial Marines vertical slice to live type of change :D

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 5

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What other RPG is this most similar with?  I'm trying to decide whether to buy it or not, but I'd like to hear comparable games first to know whether or not it's a game that will ultimately keep my interest.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What other RPG is this most similar with?  I'm trying to decide whether to buy it or not, but I'd like to hear comparable games first to know whether or not it's a game that will ultimately keep my interest.

Is hard to describe with just one game, the combat is M&B, War of the Roses and Chilvary. The open world feel like Skyrim meets the Witcher (no loading times when you enter a house).

The RPG elements would be the harder to nail down since there is a lot reactivity to your character and his choices but at the same time it feels linear, kinda like it was the thing that was supposed to happen. The leveling is straight up Skyrim but with better perks.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Kinda Gothic really

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I love the carefree tone of Henry, his reaction to someone asking him to perform an exorcism was "Sounds like fun!"

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Is hard to describe with just one game, the combat is M&B, War of the Roses and Chilvary. The open world feel like Skyrim meets the Witcher (no loading times when you enter a house).

The RPG elements would be the harder to nail down since there is a lot reactivity to your character and his choices but at the same time it feels linear, kinda like it was the thing that was supposed to happen. The leveling is straight up Skyrim but with better perks.

That's pretty much it. Although that may be hard for some to grasp, it's so many games and yet none at all...

Ha, beat the young Hans in both archery and swordfighting. Couple more notes:

- The game is bloody gorgeous

- I really enjoy the combat system, it actually makes quite a lot of sense, albeit it may get somewhat clunky

- The writing is still terrible, quest design can be neat tho

- I really wish developers respected my time. 10 minutes long cutscene without means to pause it is just a no-no. Thankfully save on exit was added and seems to work rather nicely.

Yep just added, as well as notification on what activities causes saves. And you can now sleep without saving etc

As well as truckload of bugfixes, like alchemy benches sending you flying and your horse getting stuck in fences.

Fortune favors the bald.

Combat in close environments is very buggy, specially once combos and ripostes are in play. It seems like there's issues with character placement and collision leading to you spawning on a different place or the game outright entering a loop.

Edit: OK, this one quite actually bothers me as it makes combat worse; apparently despite your cursor and attacks pointing out to one guy the game keeps you engaged to the nearest target. So if you are attacking one guy successfully and he stumbles back the game will pin you in place because there is a guy beside you who might be in the middle of raising his sword.

Edit,Edit:Ok the game constantly spawns soldiers to a town garrison, so much for realism.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Has anyone tried jousting? If so, what are your thoughts?

Has anyone tried jousting? If so, what are your thoughts?

There's jousting in this game?

village_idiot.gif

That's what someone said on Steam but I have yet to see anything on youtube so I thought I'd ask.

Edit: Double checked, so many threads on the subject on Steam. No joustig, not yet at least.

Edited by SonicMage117

Yeah it was a stretch goal, but they've decided to postpone it to a later expansion or update - I recall they said pathfinding made it ctd like a Bethesda game riddled with mods.

Fortune favors the bald.