RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

It's like you are trying to be dense. Adult content placed in a stripper den in the middle of the red light section of a city modeled off of a real city, where vast amounts of the npcs are depicted as everyday goers is somehow not a sensible context for adult content? When it's fleshing out a reflection of the real world?

That context is leagues apart from an abstract puzzle game that has dubiously aged anime girls succumbing to a hormonal fit of heat that melts their minds into subservience towards the player, then going on to use such window dressing as you're primary branding to sell what is ultimately a puzzle game.

People should have a way of avoiding having such content marketed towards them, whether opt-in or opt-out.

You are making a completely irrelevant point. Sex in context = fine. Gratuitous sex = OMG unacceptable! This is a ridiculous distinction—sex is sex—especially considering that the "context" in question is the antics of a psychopathic drug addict and it's placed there for obvious shock value. Because Trevor's life is a totally sensible reflection of real world people and events.

But yeah, I get your meaning. GTA is art for connoisseurs who can appreciate its exquisitely deep nuanced satire of something or other, hentai puzzle games are for losers. Ok guy.

And by the way, I've never had a single example of such a game pop in my Steam feed. I'm guessing you'd have to go looking for them specifically, much like you used to have to walk into the "adult" area in video rental shops. Opt-outs are fine, of course. I want one for shovelware, though. That **** triggers me like like nobody's business.

Quite the knack for extrapolation you have there. The argument was about marketing and perceptions as they are received by portions of the consumer market, that different context are judged differently by different people whether sound or not. It was an example of two different contexts of adult content, pulled straight from something that got a pass and something that didn't. The emphasis was further on outward marketing that would enable consumers to make those judgment calls vs. games where such content is a minor proportion which is not even marketed. Happy trails.

It's like you are trying to be dense. Adult content placed in a stripper den in the middle of the red light section of a city modeled off of a real city, where vast amounts of the npcs are depicted as everyday goers is somehow not a sensible context for adult content? When it's fleshing out a reflection of the real world?

That context is leagues apart from an abstract puzzle game that has dubiously aged anime girls succumbing to a hormonal fit of heat that melts their minds into subservience towards the player, then going on to use such window dressing as you're primary branding to sell what is ultimately a puzzle game.

People should have a way of avoiding having such content marketed towards them, whether opt-in or opt-out.

You are making a completely irrelevant point. Sex in context = fine. Gratuitous sex = OMG unacceptable! This is a ridiculous distinction—sex is sex—especially considering that the "context" in question is the antics of a psychopathic drug addict and it's placed there for obvious shock value. Because Trevor's life is a totally sensible reflection of real world people and events.

But yeah, I get your meaning. GTA is art for connoisseurs who can appreciate its exquisitely deep nuanced satire of something or other, hentai puzzle games are for losers. Ok guy.

And by the way, I've never had a single example of such a game pop in my Steam feed. I'm guessing you'd have to go looking for them specifically, much like you used to have to walk into the "adult" area in video rental shops. Opt-outs are fine, of course. I want one for shovelware, though. That **** triggers me like like nobody's business.

Quite the knack for extrapolation you have there. The argument was about marketing and perceptions as they are received by portions of the consumer market, that different context are judged differently by different people whether sound or not. It was an example of two different contexts of adult content, pulled straight from something that got a pass and something that didn't. The emphasis was further on outward marketing that would enable consumers to make those judgment calls vs. games where such content is a minor proportion which is not even marketed. Happy trails.

What? No, seriously. What? "different context are judged differently by different people" is an argument that needs formulating? Do you use purposefully obfuscatory grammar and meaningless syntagms to confound or just randomly pull stuff out of the thesaurus? The point of contention was that sex in certain games would get a pass, whereas in others it wouldn't. Then you went off on a tangent about "context" as if somehow that makes the sex in games less sex, because fleshed out game world or something.

And now you're going off on yet another tangent about marketing and judgment calls. What on earth does that have to do with pulling some games but not others based on complaints by a bunch of Christian fundies from "Morality in Media"? In fact, if anything, that's Valve taking the ability to make value judgments away from customers. If the problem is games using any remotely sexual elements as a marketing ploy, we're going to have to do away with a lot of stuff, you see.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

[people arguing with each other about different things intensifies]

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Looks like Paradox is on fire

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

My money is on TrueNeutral breaking them up eventually because the argument will reach the post limit for the thread .

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).