RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

I would be really excited for RDR2 if I wasn't convinced it will have microtransactions up the wazoo.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

firefox_2018-05-03_22-01-35.png

luckily for me, it's easy to boycott rockstar because I don't like their style of games to begin with

• Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I never did buy GTAV, RDR was my last game from them, so I can imagine they've changed. Weren't those statements prior to the EA fiasco though? Loot boxes, preying on kids with gambling, and spending addiction is awful, but I think the industry is reeling that back now. I guess I didn't realize that GTAO became a full MMO though, I thought it was just drop in drop out co-op. The cease and desist makes sense when they are trying to monetize their own investment and mods are cutting into that, though I do prefer healthy modding communities so I'm torn between desire and realism.

Maybe I'm still hoping for the best, but I'll vote with my wallet for RDR2's campaign and won't touch any of the microtransaction aspects of it if it has nay. As someone that wants RDR2 that's better than a straight out boycott.

Ultimately I think we can blame the whales for the **** show that becomes many games these days.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I was extremely disappointed by a certain part in GTA V* and how Rockstar and Take 2 decided to threat modders so I am not hyped for RDR 2.

you get to send a message to Michael's son while you are playing as Trevor which goes something like this "smoke less weed, do more meth. You'll get stuff done". Promoting amphetamines in your game now?! Wow! 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

you get to send a message to Michael's son while you are playing as Trevor which goes something like this "smoke less weed, do more meth. You'll get stuff done". Promoting amphetamines in your game now?! Wow! 

After a cursory research: He's a career criminal, an alcoholic, a drug addict, abusive childhood, etc etc. I don't know why you're surprised by him making a joke like that to a kid or why this disappoints you while playing GTA of all games. :p

There's hitchhikers around the road in GTA V who'll give you little side-quests if you pick them up. Trevor gets an optional objective for each and every one of them to bring them to a cannibalistic tribe in exchange for money.

The Vampyr soundtrack leaked.

I didn't listen to all of it because I didn't want to be too terribly spoiled in case I end up playing this game, but I did listen to like the first 7 tracks to get a feel. It's not quite dark ambience, because it's just a little too strong to qualify as ambience (which I actually like - too much video game music these days is just background noise). At times, it almost seems horror film or maybe a little Stranger Things-esque. Definitely does not hurt the game's case.

• Like 1

After a cursory research: He's a career criminal, an alcoholic, a drug addict, abusive childhood, etc etc. I don't know why you're surprised by him making a joke like that to a kid or why this disappoints you while playing GTA of all games. :p

Guess you are right. Also, I totally forgot about this:

rockstar2.gif

• Like 2

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/03/star-traders-frontiers-is-the-best-space-game-ive-played-in-ages/

Looks like an interesting game, maybe on sale. $15 is too expensive :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was extremely disappointed by a certain part in GTA V* and how Rockstar and Take 2 decided to threat modders so I am not hyped for RDR 2.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter_Thompson_Suicide-1024x696.jpg

hah, always gets me when somone is 'shocked' about one aspect of game where you litterally drive over a hookers while shooting on police helicopter :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

They do say in the splash screens that they do not encourage or endorse any of the behaviour in the game :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

hah, always gets me when somone is 'shocked' about one aspect of game where you litterally drive over a hookers while shooting on police helicopter :)

I wonder which one gets you caught faster than the other: 

a. doing meth

b. running over a hooker with a car(let's leave the police helicopters out of this since they're so hard to find or shoot at)

a. doing meth

b. running over a hooker with a car(let's leave the police helicopters out of this since they're so hard to find or shoot at)

No Idea, never done either IRL

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So BG&E 2 is an MMO now?!

Count me out...

I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you, but the two games looking like day and night in the first trailer already wasn't enough to put you off? xD

They seem to have spent a lot of time making sure the lead lady spins that staff around, at least. 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

a. doing meth

No Idea, never done either IRL

Why not combine both options and let us know :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Nevermind...

So BG&E 2 is an MMO now?!

Count me out...

I bet it's another Assassin Creed, just wearing more Sci-Fi underwear...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I love GTAV, I just stay away from the MP portion. The single player was fun, though not lengthy like Watch Dogs or Saints Row games. Still fun to just do sill things in the open world for no reason.

I imagine RDR2 will be similar in this respect.

I'm kinda disappointed with Beyond Good & Evil 2's direction, of course I cannot say anything of the quality (since it's not out) but from what I've seen, nothing looks relevant to the first game. Still, I'm going to keep an eye on it because it does look nice and it may actually be good.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...