RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

Apparently OwlCat is still using pre-order money and pledge upgrades towards campaign stretch goals and we just unlocked a new race.

Dear Pathfinders,

When our Kickstarter campaign ended, we promised that all funds generated by pre-orders and pledge upgrades on https://owlcatgames.com/preorder would go towards unlocking new stretchgoals. And we are happy to announce that the next milestone, a crowdfunding sum of over $1 million, has been reached thanks to your generous help and support! Thank you so much for believing in us!

Our exact crowdfunding sum is now at $1.026.681

This means that we now have the resources to add one more playable race to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And you get to help us decide which race it's going to be! We have opened a poll on our forums, where all backers get to vote for one of three possible new races. The three options are as follows:

1. Aasimar
2. Dhampir
3. Elemental*

*Humans, whose family trees include elemental beings. If elementals win the vote, we will add playable Sylphs, Undines, Ifrits and Oreads.

You can vote right now by visiting this thread on our dev forums:

Aasimar is currently winning
Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

New Bioshock game on the horizon and Watch Dogs 3 to be revealed at E3? Hmmm... not good, my wallet be hurting this year lol

Edit: Here's to hoping Aiden will return!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The original No More Heroes was awesome, played the PS3 port. Never got to play the sequel though, someday I have to buy a Wii for that game alone.  :(

But hey, No more Heroes 3 is here:

Suda always makes weird and quirky characters so looking forward to this. I'll probably buy a Switch once this game is out. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Wasteland 3 is on track:

https://wccftech.com/wasteland-3-hitting-all-major-milestones/

As we roll on into 2018, Wasteland 3 has been in full production for a while and I’m happy to say we’re hitting all our major milestones in design, art, and engineering.

I kinda liked Wasteland 2, but..it just didn't have the same charm as the first game for me. Also, it was a bit surprising that the game actually felt like a step back in modern design! I mean, the first Wasteland had an open world and lots of reactivity. Wasteland 2 was level based and felt much less reactive. The story was also stronger in the first, but that may have had something to do with you having to read a book to take part of the story..

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I kinda like wasteland 2, but I also don't. Had plenty hours of fun with it, but ultimately lots of the game just feels like a checklist to me. All these containers for the lockpick and traps skill, hammering the perception skill-key all the time, the linear maps which you will never revisit after you ran through them once, and so on. The core is good, but it probably should have concentrated more on a better story.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Apparently OwlCat is still using pre-order money and pledge upgrades towards campaign stretch goals and we just unlocked a new race.

Dear Pathfinders,

When our Kickstarter campaign ended, we promised that all funds generated by pre-orders and pledge upgrades on https://owlcatgames.com/preorder would go towards unlocking new stretchgoals. And we are happy to announce that the next milestone, a crowdfunding sum of over $1 million, has been reached thanks to your generous help and support! Thank you so much for believing in us!

Our exact crowdfunding sum is now at $1.026.681

This means that we now have the resources to add one more playable race to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And you get to help us decide which race it's going to be! We have opened a poll on our forums, where all backers get to vote for one of three possible new races. The three options are as follows:

1. Aasimar
2. Dhampir
3. Elemental*

*Humans, whose family trees include elemental beings. If elementals win the vote, we will add playable Sylphs, Undines, Ifrits and Oreads.

You can vote right now by visiting this thread on our dev forums:

Aasimar is currently winning

This is good and bad. Another race is cool, but it's supposed to release this summer.

It's funny, because I never much thought about any of the games vaults. Never liked the experiments element of them at all, and I loath the maze-like buildings since Fo3, which always made me run through them as quickly as possible. If it weren't for articles like this, I probably wouldn't even know the backstories of any of them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's funny, because I never much thought about any of the games vaults. Never liked the experiments element of them at all, and I loath the maze-like buildings since Fo3, which always made me run through them as quickly as possible. If it weren't for articles like this, I probably wouldn't even know the backstories of any of them.

I think Tim Cain had another idea for the purpose of the Vaults which never made it into the first game and was eventually scrapped. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I like the idea of vaults existing to shelter people from a nuclear holocaust, exactly how it was done in Fallout 1.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

It could be actually interesting to set Fallout game just into Vault and make it proper Vault, like it feels it can actually hold thousand of people for decades. You can have top levels breached and lower level connected to some tunnel networks.... more I think about it more I like it, sounds little bit like Metro tho :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It could be actually interesting to set Fallout game just into Vault and make it proper Vault, like it feels it can actually hold thousand of people for decades. You can have top levels breached and lower level connected to some tunnel networks.... more I think about it more I like it, sounds little bit like Metro tho :)

Fallout Shelter

:p

• Like 1

Fallout Shelter

:p

Cheeky but NO!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I also hated that they made the vaults different kinds of experiments instead of actual shelters

I think that's what I dislike about Bethesda's handling of Fallout in general: the need to turn every new piece of world building into a gimmick. I didn't mind Fallout 3 all that much until it dawned on me that every single location in the Capital Wasteland was based around some kind of wild and exotic theme park flavor (town sitting on a bomb, town full of slavers, town full of kids, town full of kids from the town full of kids who are now grown up...). I mean, can't we have an actual place for people to live in?

In the case of Vaults, I realize the idea of Vaults being experiments-slash-gimmicks is technically older than Fo3, but I'd say 3 was the installment where the whole angle manifested in full force. Or, well, at least it felt like that to me.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

I'd say it is because in Fallout 3+ it became a lot more visible. If we take Fo1 and 2, there's a maximum of 2 vaults per game and most of the experiments lore we know about is from the Fallout Bible, which most people didn't even read. With Fo3 for the first time it became very visible, because that game has like what, 7 vaults? And all of them full with wacky, stupid, nonsense experiments.

• Like 1

I'd say it is because in Fallout 3+ it became a lot more visible.

An excellent point that I haven't really considered. Still - and I don't want to sound like a NV fanboy, I liked parts of Fallout 3 just fine - I swear that it was slightly more toned down in New Vegas. Then again, I haven't played NV in a long, long while, so I could be entirely wrong there.

It was, mainly because FNV actually tried to make sense when it comes to world design (something Bethesda is incapable of since ever). Still.. the game also has 6 or 7 vaults and none of them is "normal".