RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

A game where you try to drink your way out of hell?  Okay, color me interested.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Somewhere Ron Gilbert is bitching about it, I'm sure.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I would not be surprised if it does release on the PS5/XB4. But it will probably be a cross-gen release with some rendering tweaks/optimizations.

2077 will benefit launching into the install base of PS4/XBO. Just how Rockstar operates with their titles which is the model CDPR is building into.

Which is:

1. Focus on longer-dev cycles with a high-impact release.

2. Focus on best-in-business single-player experiences. (Role-playing in CDPR's case, Open-world in Rockstar's.)

3. Develop portfolio of stand out titles with little direct-competition.

4. Rockstar also focuses on releases games once a console has a large install base to capitalize best on marketing campaigns and strike while interest is high to the largest market possible. I'd presume CDPR is aiming for this, we already know that GTA6 will be an end of generation game with a next-gen polished version coming probably two years after.

CDPR then additionally focus on PC first, with only marginally compromised console experiences. (Shoot highest, come in higher.)

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if it does release on the PS5/XB4. But it will probably be a cross-gen release with some rendering tweaks/optimizations.

Same general thought here, PS4 and Xbox Obe really aren't that weak, I mean, they seemed bad when they first released but now we have better dev tools and when you see stuff like Horizon Dawn or Uncharted 4, I realize just how good the optimization can be and trick my eyes into it being just as good as a more powerful pc.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Good news everyone!

Nightdive talks System Shock remake's change in direction, expects release 'probably Q1 of 2020'

https://www.pcgamer.com/nightdive-talks-system-shock-remakes-change-in-direction-expects-release-probably-q1-of-2020/

"We've also had renewed interest from some publishing partners, for whom the more complex and costly game was something of a challenge for them, that this is what they were hoping we would provide and renewed their interest."

I vaguely recall someone calling it in the SS debacle thread a few weeks ago. So glad I could help finance your overly expensive and poorly managed AAA publisher pitch guys!

• Like 5

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"no alarms"... I guess, stealth mechanics have really changed over the years

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"no alarms"... I guess, stealth mechanics have really changed over the years

To be fair its an irregular militia, we don't know if they have comm systems and it is hard to shout alarm when everyone inside the building is praising the heck out of Jesus.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Far Cry 5 review from wccftech: 9.1/10 score

https://wccftech.com/review/far-cry-5-open-world-bliss/

I am so getting this.

The vibe I'm getting from the reviews I've read is that this is yet again the exact same game as Far Cry 3 (and 4).  However, it's the best iteration of the formula Ubi implemented starting with FC3.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I remember highly anticipating Far Cry 2 for months. The idea of setting fire to a field and letting it burn through a camp was compelling. Navigating with a paper map and compass was cool. I even liked the malaria component, I had to take on the responsibility to manage my health and deal with the consequences. All around a fascinating game with a compelling premise.

What Far Cry is today is strange and surreal. I'm fine with other's being into it, but I struggle to find a less-compelling take on something that I should otherwise have interest in. I suppose part of the fun is having a sandbox with a unified theme that allows the player to sort of play a role of their choice, just how I got to do in 2. But the foundations of the series not only seem to not have progressed much, but in some ways regressed.

AC seems to be gearing up for a new era, although I feel a lot more work still needs to be done technically and game-mechanically. Perhaps it's time for Ubisoft to do the same with Far Cry.

As of now the only thing that Ubisoft is working on that I have a hint of is Beyond Good and Evil 2. Which I hope is more like activity dense open-world Ratchet & Clank game, and less just random multi-player generative game play systems with some loose narrative objectives. But given the nature of that games development history I feel too much of it's execution will be lost to getting it's technical foundation off the ground that it won't actually do enough compelling.