I never said that there is internal strife within Obsidian, you're putting words in my mouth. There's nothing wrong with my comments and if you think I'll somehow ever be embaressed because a bunch of avatars/members disagree with me then the joke's on you.

My statement is that everything going on is red flags, nothimg more. And no, not trying to surprise anyone, I don't care that you or anyone else continously trolls me for comments that you don't agree with. When he game ships and is full of bugs, maybe you guys will be the ones embaressed, I don't know but if you think I care about my reputation on a forum with the same members on here daily, you couldn't be more wrong. If that was the case, I'd probably be gone now.

There are far more bad experiences with delays than good ones. Katrina leaving is just another distraction from the game being 100%, I don't care who says what, I know that must have hit the staff hard as she was loved by the team, she was an integral part, more than people here care to admit so that damages morale, certainly. Right now is the most crucial stage of the game production pre-release, that's where my mindset stems from and it's not incorrect. If you guys don't like it, that's cool.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yeah. You need to get your definitions right. You're the troll here. There are no red flags, you're just being a prick. It's true that if you had any selfrespect, you'd probably already be gone. But that's not the point. The point is, that you're trying to create a problem or find issues where none are. And you're not providing any arguments. You're even ignoring evidence.

", I know that must have hit the staff hard as she was loved by the team, she was an integral part, more than people here care to admit so that damages morale, certainly"

Do you hear yourself? Do you think we're dealing with kids? It's professionals and this stuff happens all the time. It won't destroy the game.

Well, I'm not gonna waste more time with you now, you're clearly where you want to be. You'll keep trolling, and doing the " I'm innoncent stick". But you're wrong, that's all there is to it. 

• Like 1

People leave companies all the time, sometimes even without any bad feelings. I'm not disparaging Katrina at all, but being the "face" of the game dosn't actually make her critical to the workflow. Believe it or not there are other people involved in making Deadfire. If Sawyer had resigned for instance, that would be a warning light.

At any rate, lacking any other proof at this time, that there were major production issues, I think it is safe to ignore the panic about her leaving.

The deadline itself seemed unrealistic as it was, particularly with all the changes. I for one, am glad about the delay, though I can't help but think that it should have been shifted more - towards the end of the year.

Open world type of game, basically building a gaming system from scratch - I'm concerned about the game to be honest, I think it needs much more time. I'd be much happier if they had tweaked the current Pillars mechanics which would have given them more time to work on a kick ass story. Hope I'm wrong.

None of this is at all relevant to an employee leaving a company, which happens.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

You'd be right. Leave it to the fanbase to put up the defense of "They're delaying to polish things" but never in gaming has there been a delay which produced a better quality game. So it's crazy that people keep living in that delusion. This is obviously not a good sign.

Pillars of Eternity wants to say hello. If anything, more crpg games should be pushed back when it's obvious there are still plenty of bugs left in the game. Look at Fallout: New Vegas as an example. Had Obsidian had a month more to exterminate bugs, the launch  and reviews would have been a lot better.

If the game is buggy, it would review horribly even though Obsidian would have a day 1 patch ready for the fanbase that would fix most of the problems causing the bad reviews. So, yeah. 1 month might just be the difference between the game getting reviews starting with a 7 rather than 8 and 9 that they are hoping for.

• Like 2

Hate the living, love the dead.

@TheisEjsing

How am I being a prick exactly? Is it because I'm not bowing down to kiss your feet? I don't think I'm troll here but I think I've unintentionally struck a nerve, however, for that I cannot apologize for something that isn't my fault.

You seem to want to convince me that I'm doing or saying something I'm not, calling me names and bullying me isn't going to work or make you look like a badass, you're only acting more and more like a fool.

And do you hear yourself? Is it like you to exagerrate and twsit things? Never once did I say the game was destroyed... being worried about the game's final polishing stage doesn't mean I think the game will be ruined. It means that I think the game will still release a buggy mess and like I said, we'll see when the game releases. I don't see any harm in stating a legit reason to be concerned. You are acting as if I'm trying to sabotage your expereince or other's anticipation for the game.

Self-respect? At who's standard? Yours? Don't make me laugh, you know next to nothing about me exceptwhat I've posted on the forums, if you think you can judge me based on that, I feel sorry for you as an individual. Be done with me, I care not if you or anyone else here believes I'm not worth their time. I will still be free to post here and certainly, your bullying will not affect my night's sleep as you are nothing to me lol

You forget that I have backed the game, like anyone else, clearly I am not the enemy here... I deserve a say here whether you like it or not. Just as much as anyone else. Have a blessed night!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

@TheisEjsing

How am I being a prick exactly? Is it because I'm not bowing down to kiss your feet? I don't think I'm troll here but I think I've unintentionally struck a nerve, however, for that I cannot apologize for something that isn't my fault.

You seem to want to convince me that I'm doing or saying something I'm not, calling me names and bullying me isn't going to work or make you look like a badass, you're only acting more and more like a fool.

And do you hear yourself? Is it like you to exagerrate and twsit things? Never once did I say the game was destroyed... being worried about the game's final polishing stage doesn't mean I think the game will be ruined. It means that I think the game will still release a buggy mess and like I said, we'll see when the game releases. I don't see any harm in stating a legit reason to be concerned. You are acting as if I'm trying to sabotage your expereince or other's anticipation for the game.

Self-respect? At who's standard? Yours? Don't make me laugh, you know next to nothing about me exceptwhat I've posted on the forums, if you think you can judge me based on that, I feel sorry for you as an individual. Be done with me, I care not if you or anyone else here believes I'm not worth their time. I will still be free to post here and certainly, your bullying will not affect my night's sleep as you are nothing to me lol

You forget that I have backed the game, like anyone else, clearly I am not the enemy here... I deserve a say here whether you like it or not. Just as much as anyone else. Have a blessed night!

The "you don't know me" comment was just a perfect end to our talk! Now go have your say! You sure deserve it! : )

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

"Like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, GTA 5, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne?"

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of ME: Andromeda, PUBG, Arkham Knight, Alien: Colonial Marines... and the biggest one of all time..... No Man's Sky!

Here are some more, if you are so interested: http://whatculture.com/gaming/12-hugely-delayed-video-games-ended-sucking

You are not trolling but you are comparing delaying a game for a month to games that were in development hell for years, YEARS? That list you linked is full of games that were delayed a lot more than a month.

PUBG still isn't ready, but for some reason they decided to "release" it instead of the game being in early access.

Colonial Marines... well didn't Gearbox use some of that money on Borderlands and outsourced most of that game to someone else.

Hate the living, love the dead.

First Katrina leaves, now this?

Well, to be honest, I’ve been expecting this since Katrina’s announcement.

I've been living under a rock, could someone brief me about, please?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

First Katrina leaves, now this?

Well, to be honest, I’ve been expecting this since Katrina’s announcement.

I've been living under a rock, could someone brief me about, please?

She announced on twitter that she's leaving the company for other endevours. Nothing strange really.

Her husband is Swedish, so maybe they're moving to Sweden?

But again, I don't see this as some big negative thing regarding the release of Deadfire. She's not the one crushing bugs.

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

- Do we have an official announcement from obsidian about the delay or do we only have the news in some magazines and the date in the shops?

It would be strange if obsidian does not say anything about it.

- Are there any information if we have another beta version before release?

- I do not mind the delay. "A delayed game can become great eventually but a rushed games is bad forever". I think the super mario inventor Shigeru Miyamoto said this, but I am not sure.

PoE1 was buggy as hell at release and I had to quit my first playthrough because of the infinite stat stacking bug. So they should take all the time they need for bug fixing and balancing before release. Otherwise the game becomes known as a huge bug monster, even if they fix all of them with the first patch. After release I will wait for the next one or two patches anyway before I start playing. I have too many bad memories about playing games at release and there are lots of other good games around.

1) email with the official statement hit inboxes this afternoon. They also posted a short video on twitter of someone circling 5/8 on a calendar.

2) no. And if they are delaying the game to crush bugs, then I’d rather they just do that and not divert resources to another beta release.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I guess the dude got to play behind the doors versions of every game that was ever delayed, and knows better than all those devs and publishers. 

Yeah, and in every single case the games were worse (or at least no better) at release than his pre-release versions :lol:

An email? Who got an email and why? I didn't get an email! *puff-puff*

That email, I got it, because reasons:

Greetings fans!

We know you're as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As you have probably guessed, Deadfire is a huge game -- significantly larger than the original Pillars of Eternity. Obsidian has been working harder than Abydon himself to make sure every inch of it is awesome, as well as incorporating all the great feedback we have been getting from everyone playing the Backer Beta.

With this in mind, we are taking just a few extra weeks to polish and put those finishing touches on the game.

Our new launch date will be Tuesday, May 8, 2018. To tide you over until then, you can look forward to plenty of Deadfire-related news and content coming in the weeks and months.

See you all soon in the Deadfire!

Obsidian

The deadline itself seemed unrealistic as it was, particularly with all the changes. I for one, am glad about the delay, though I can't help but think that it should have been shifted more - towards the end of the year.

Open world type of game, basically building a gaming system from scratch - I'm concerned about the game to be honest, I think it needs much more time. I'd be much happier if they had tweaked the current Pillars mechanics which would have given them more time to work on a kick ass story. Hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. Despite being one of the "fanboys" defending this decision I actually defend it because I think Deadfire, in its current state, will not be as good as Pillars from a mechanics point of view. I have little concern about story, and the art looks beautiful, but character building and combat just doesn't seem as good as Pillars (in most respects, there are definitely some improvements).

Put me down in the "this is a good thing" side.

I thought they were crazy when they gave the release date. Then hearing that maybe (Maybe??) they'll be going back to Might a mere four weeks before release had me nervous. Now pushing it back makes me feel better.

The problem is that they gave an exact release date too early, should have stuck with spring 2018 until they knew they had it nailed.

• Like 1

Obsidian at least could give acsess to beta for every one who pre-ordered the game(via steam or gog),that would be a nice move :yes:

As I said in another thread on the topic, at the time of backing there was no firm release date so Obsidian haven't broken any promise they made when you backed. Given that others paid extra to get beta access I don't really think this is a reasonable request.

Exactly like me. But is it official ?

Josh has replied to a post asking why there's a delay on his Tumblr. His response was "bugs". Also Obsidian's official Twitter has a picture of a calendar with someone circling the 8th of May on it. I don't think they've literally made an announcement but it seems all but confirmed.

• Like 1

Exactly like me. But is it official ?

Josh has replied to a post asking why there's a delay on his Tumblr. His response was "bugs". Also Obsidian's official Twitter has a picture of a calendar with someone circling the 8th of May on it. I don't think they've literally made an announcement but it seems all but confirmed.

They did make the announcement, it is official:

http://eternity.obsidian.net/news/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-releasing-on-may-8th

• Like 1

It is official ? 

Yes it is - here is their official message to backers.

Ok it's good to polish the game... But unfortunately, it is not impossible that the extend once again. And i think it's a little bit perverse. 

1527234074-capture-d-ecran-2018-05-25-a-