guaranteed its not ready.  I am sniffing KOTOR 2 things but i hope not.

I really don't see why this should be the case...

I am somewhat of a pessimist and to me it seems like the making of the game was really quick.  That being said I do not know much about making games so maybe I am just talking out of my ass.

Have gun will travel.

guaranteed its not ready. I am sniffing KOTOR 2 things but i hope not.

I really don't see why this should be the case...

I am somewhat of a pessimist and to me it seems like the making of the game was really quick. That being said I do not know much about making games so maybe I am just talking out of my ass.
It was in development for almost a year when they launched the Figstarter and more than a year has passed since then. 2+ years is “really quick” for big budget games, but this isn’t Skyrim.
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Really is it even that big a delay?  What is it, three weeks?  A month?  No biggy.  I like how some posters are pointing out the silver lining, like it gives more time to perfect your Eternity 1 saves, or despite not being able to play for an extended time means they will come back to a better patched version of the game.

No way to defend what is happening at Obsidian right now. Obviously something is going on behind closed curtains that we do not know about. Yes, we know about Katrina leaving but who knows who else or how many others? Exactly, we have no way of knowing.

I wish Obsidian the best of luck. Eager to play the game, but these are bad signs. Troubling times in the kingdom, indeed, it would be foolish to recognize the signs as a positive thing but may we excuse this with our love for Pillars!

And then SonicMage117 shows up to concern troll. Yet another thing we had no way of predicting.
I'd ask you what exactly about my comment is trolling to you but you'd probably just throw insults per usual.

You'd be right. Leave it to the fanbase to put up the defense of "They're delaying to polish things" but never in gaming has there been a delay which produced a better quality game. So it's crazy that people keep living in that delusion. This is obviously not a good sign.

All we can do is hope for the best, but don't hope too much. When the game launches, we'll see how smooth things are exactly.. for now, as fan boys we are encouraged to join in the hype! :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You'd be right. Leave it to the fanbase to put up the defense of "They're delaying to polish things" but never in gaming has there been a delay which produced a better quality game. So it's crazy that people keep living in that delusion. This is obviously not a good sign.

A better quality game than what?

I think it is no sign at all. Almost every game I have ever followed has been delayed at some point. When games are delayed so often I find correlations hard to prove. But everybody who is not drawing conclusions is delusional? Based on what?

Or is this some kind of joke? I think the claim that is some kind of hyped title suggest it is, because no way PoE 2 is hyped. The press cares but not much, and most of us just want a game as good as to the first game.

Edited by Valmy

I think it is no sign at all. Almost every game I have ever followed has been delayed at some point. When games are delayed so often I find correlations hard to prove. But everybody who is not drawing conclusions is delusional? Based on what?

Or is this some kind of joke? I think the claim that is some kind of hyped title suggest it is, because no way PoE 2 is hyped. The press cares but not much, and most of us just want a game as good as to the first game.

A better quality game than the game that was originally in poduction. I'm speaking about buggy games that are delayed for bugs to be ironed about. True we don't know why exactly Deadfire was delayed but it's not far off to think it would be bugs.

No, my comment isn't a joke and my comment wasn't aimed at anyone except for the people here comstantly defending the game. We don't really know if the delay is fir good reason, or if the delay will benefit the game so with that I cannot put in good faith for the delay but it is what it is.

As to what exactly I'm comparing it to, I'm comparing it to every game in the industry that has been delayed for the reason of a developer and publisher saying the game has been delyaed for polishing. History has only proved that it never worked. Delaying a game hasn't really ever benefited a game, so many examples come to mind on this.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

A better quality game than the game that was originally in poduction. I'm speaking about buggy games that are delayed for bugs to be ironed about. True we don't know why exactly Deadfire was delayed but it's not far off to think it would be bugs.

No, my comment isn't a joke and my comment wasn't aimed at anyone except for the people here comstantly defending the game. We don't really know if the delay is fir good reason, or if the delay will benefit the game so with that I cannot put in good faith for the delay but it is what it is.

As to what exactly I'm comparing it to, I'm comparing it to every game in the industry that has been delayed for the reason of a developer and publisher saying the game has been delyaed for polishing. History has only proved that it never worked. Delaying a game hasn't really ever benefited a game, so many examples come to mind on this.

Like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, GTA 5, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne?

• Like 1

I guess the dude got to play behind the doors versions of every game that was ever delayed, and knows better than all those devs and publishers. 

• Like 4

No way to defend what is happening at Obsidian right now. Obviously something is going on behind closed curtains that we do not know about. Yes, we know about Katrina leaving but who knows who else or how many others? Exactly, we have no way of knowing.

I wish Obsidian the best of luck. Eager to play the game, but these are bad signs. Troubling times in the kingdom, indeed, it would be foolish to recognize the signs as a positive thing but may we excuse this with our love for Pillars!

And then SonicMage117 shows up to concern troll. Yet another thing we had no way of predicting.
I'd ask you what exactly about my comment is trolling to you but you'd probably just throw insults per usual.

All we can do is hope for the best, but don't hope too much. When the game launches, we'll see how smooth things are exactly.. for now, as fan boys we are encouraged to join in the hype! :)

God, I knew you were going to go with the "fanboy" response.  You're so freaking predictable.

• Like 2

"Like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, GTA 5, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne?"

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of ME: Andromeda, PUBG, Arkham Knight, Alien: Colonial Marines... and the biggest one of all time..... No Man's Sky!

Here are some more, if you are so interested: http://whatculture.com/gaming/12-hugely-delayed-video-games-ended-sucking

God, I knew you were going to go with the "fanboy" response. You're so freaking predictable.

Well it is a forum for fans, nothin wrong with being a fan boy here, it is encouraged. I am an Obsidian fanboy as well :p

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

"Like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, GTA 5, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne?"

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of ME: Andromeda, PUBG, Arkham Knight, Alien: Colonial Marines... and the biggest one of all time..... No Man's Sky!

Here are some more, if you are so interested: http://whatculture.com/gaming/12-hugely-delayed-video-games-ended-sucking

God, I knew you were going to go with the "fanboy" response. You're so freaking predictable.

Well it is a forum for fans, nothin wrong with being a fan boy here, it is encouraged. I am an Obsidian fanboy as well :p

We all know your stick by now, so if you're going for surprising people, that ship has sailed. An obvious flaw in your reasoning is, that most titles where delays signify a bad game, has had severe problems doing production. Have you heard about those here... Like at all? Katrina's departure has nothing to do with the state of the game, even MCA crushed that stupid ass reasoning on the codex forum. 

PoE II has had no news of internal strife, or a bad production. On the contrary, everything seems to have gone really smooth. A one month delay at this point is ****ing insignificant. It's about bugs, that is all. So stop being a ****. You'll see in a few months how your comments will age. It won't be pretty.

• Like 3