I was wondering why marketing has not gone up notably. I thought perhaps everyone responsible is satisfied with the coverage and it's perhaps perceived as niche game. Everyone who looks for these games would already know. Or maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. It was a few weeks to go still.

Another strange thing was how late news about the publisher deal for physical copies came in. I wondered how fast production and logistics could be organized.

Now I wonder how long this delay has been considered.

I was wondering why marketing has not gone up notably. I thought perhaps everyone responsible is satisfied with the coverage and it's perhaps perceived as niche game. Everyone who looks for these games would already know. Or maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. It was a few weeks to go still.

Another strange thing was how late news about the publisher deal for physical copies came in. I wondered how fast production and logistics could be organized.

Now I wonder how long this delay has been considered.

That's interesting, maybe there's the possibility that the delay has more to do with retail/fig physical editions and they're using the extra time to refine the game even more.

Count me as another one who planned a week of vacation around Apr launch... and while my manager would gladly change it for me, my girlfriend might not be so glad to considering she chose her vacation week to match mine already... 

I'm not even gonna set any dates now, this can get delayed again and again...Good thing I can easily reschedule my vacations within a week. 

• Like 1

Three weeks before release they realised they had bugs that hard to fix that needed another month? :p  whatevah. Hope it's worth the delay. April's goona be a loose month for me. May's gonna be harder.

Unless these are different "bugs" that need fixing, I don't know...

Edited by Sedrefilos

No way to defend what is happening at Obsidian right now. Obviously something is going on behind closed curtains that we do not know about. Yes, we know about Katrina leaving but who knows who else or how many others? Exactly, we have no way of knowing.

I wish Obsidian the best of luck. Eager to play the game, but these are bad signs. Troubling times in the kingdom, indeed, it would be foolish to recognize the signs as a positive thing but may we excuse this with our love for Pillars!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

No way to defend what is happening at Obsidian right now. Obviously something is going on behind closed curtains that we do not know about. Yes, we know about Katrina leaving but who knows who else or how many others? Exactly, we have no way of knowing.

Troubling, indeed. Completely unprecedented for checks notes a game to be delayed a month.

• Like 7

I wish Obsidian the best of luck. Eager to play the game, but these are bad signs. Troubling times in the kingdom, indeed, it would be foolish to recognize the signs as a positive thing but may we excuse this with our love for Pillars!

And then SonicMage117 shows up to concern troll. Yet another thing we had no way of predicting.
  • Like 5

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Finally got an update from Obsidian. Wonder why Eurogamer got the sneak peek?

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

They're trying a new mix between Might and Resolve, called Right

And to keep the number of attributes at six they're adding a new stat called wrong: the ultimate dump stat.
I think we just found Katrina’s replacement

Guest Blutwurstritter

The gullibility in this thread is astounding, obviously this is only the first and shortest setback to prepare the fainthearted for incoming longsome delays ! 

Maybe the world is closing to an end!

• Like 1

It would be more concerning if no one ever left Obsidian. It would mean Feargus has a castle full of hostages to keep everyone working at the company. People move all the time, closer to their families, their partners in life might have a career as well that moves them around and most of all... people look to advance in their careers and get paid better. Obsidian can't compete when it comes to paying their employees with a company like Blizzard. 

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hey.  It's not all bad.  I can't be the only pillars fan that embarrassingly hasn't finished the original yet....

KiSoWdol.png

Seconded - This may allow me to get 1 or 2 more existing characters through PoE & WM 1&2 instead of just one!   :w00t:

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Eh, this is probably because they want to switch back to Might and write more in depth romances. *runs*

I now expect story book sex scenes that feature woodcut art and skill checks.

So... No more constitution dumping? 

Nobody likes a two pump chump.

Especially in Wasteland 2 - silly quirks.

I'm glad they're pushing it back a month since there's still much to be done, and on a personal note, I wanted another few weeks to build a new PC.