Eh, this is probably because they want to switch back to Might and write more in depth romances. *runs*

I now expect story book sex scenes that feature woodcut art and skill checks.

So... No more constitution dumping? 

Nobody likes a two pump chump.

Nah in that case better hope you buffed your Alchemy or Slight of Hand at least...

Well, to be honest I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish the game with my third character, so in a way this is good news to me. I'm finishing WM part 2 with my first character now and there isn't much left. But my third character still has to play acts III and WM part 2. And act IV too, but that is the shortest.

sign.jpg

Deadfire delayed to may 8... I had asked a week of vacations for this game in april... so sad...  ;(

• Like 5

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

That's for the best, can't really say that I'm not a bit sad though. I also find kind of strange to announce a delay just a month after the original release announcement.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 2

Deadfire delayed to may 8... I had asked a week of vacations for this game in april... so sad... ;(

Glad I held off on submitting PTO. Your boss won’t let you cancel or postpone?
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Brilliant, why announce release date too soon then?
*ahem* Katrina Garsten departure?

I doubt her absence is making the bugs take longer to address. Unless she was some sort of uber-programmer and now they can't handle the workload without her. :)

Edited by bleedthefreak

I hardly doubt her departure had anything to do with the delay. Unless of course she got kicked out for announcing a wrong release date. But more likely she just finished her  part of the job on POE2 and moved on to do something else.

• Like 3

To be honest I'm somewhat glad. I got so little time to play anything, I've got something like 10+ hours played in Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I installed it few hours after it was released. That was a month ago. Now I have a good chance to finish it before Deadfire.

• Like 2

I hardly doubt her departure had anything to do with the delay. Unless of course she got kicked out for announcing a wrong release date. But more likely she just finished her part of the job on POE2 and moved on to do something else.
Flouride mentioned elsewhere that her producer role was somewhat limited. If true, then the two events aren’t related.

If untrue, then I imagine there might have been some issue with her futzing around with puppets for two weeks while her timelines got blown. Project Manager is always responsible for the status of his or her project. And I haven’t seen anything from Feargus re: her departure.

My 2 cents

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It can never hurt to polish more. Also, I just recently tried the original on PS4 Pro and it was way better than I expected. I think I'll just wait for the console version this next go around (even though I already have for the PC - I just hope saves transfer properly between games for console). So they should spend as much time needed for bug fixing as I won't be playing for a year or so :p

Wait, Katrina left? :(

Any thread about that with more info?

I'm kinda worried that this late into game dev phase there is still a lot of uncertainties regarding the design and also the technical state of the game.

Edited by Odoakar

I was hoping it was delayed to May 8th 2019.  I love Pillars, Obsidian and RPGs but we all know that they come with a multitude of bugs.  POE 1 still has them, although for me they are minor but it took a long time AFTER release to get the game to where it is today.  I know its not ready and I still bet with the month delay it will be a mess at release.

PS

This is my favorite game every I am just being honest.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.