I’m torn - when Deadfire launches part of me wants to steer clear of the forums completely to avoid any and all spoilers.

However I’m a forum junkie and it’ll be fun to hear about everyone’s runs and feedback on the game.

Which way are you going?

• Like 3

Yep. Blacking out till my first playthrough's done. I've played the beta and followed the updates, so clearly I already know some stuff, but Obsidian have been very good about not spoiling the main story outside of the vaguest generalities.

• Like 1

Which way are you going?

With ~8 hours per week progression, that would be a quite long night, if I went for the 'dark' run)

So, it gonna be mixed perhaps. Avoiding story spoilers, but taking note of companions location, bugs, balance and builds threads.

• Like 1

I'll probably be around some. Mostly because I like to comment about our different opinions and experiences with games or films or anything with other people. I'd like to see what others have ran into that I haven't and viceversa, and also how out experiences in a same element or other diverged.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I am not really big with any of the Forums or any Social Media for that matter. So unless I run into problems, bugs, or issues, I will pretty much "go dark". Occasionally you may see little bursts of activity, like today. Otherwise I am more of a lurker anyhow. I was just curious today about doing a pre-order package and if it mattered if my POE was bought on Steam will it matter if I buy Deadfire on GOG. And it seems it won't matter at all for transfering my character either way.

There shouldn't be any spoilers in the "No-Spoiler" section so I must stick around as much as possible.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'll only take a peek if something's gone really wrong - a bug or my just gettingly oddly stuck.

I'll immerse myself pretty much full on in my first playthrough - I'll be very thorough and slow - reading and listening to everything.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm going to wait a little while after launch to play it just to make sure the game is patched. I still have to re-play PoE again anyway because I lost my saves...

So yeah, I'm going to be avoiding anything having to do with this game online for a while.

• Like 2

As soon as I start playing, there will be zero time for anything else. :p

You and me both. :thumbsup:

There are some spoilers I prefer to have going into a new game, but in this case, I'm not willing to wait around until they become available. It's all ahead flank come April 3rd!

• Like 1

I want to stay away  - but I get bored at work (where I can't play PoE) and will probably end up in the 'no spoilers' section anyway.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

anyway because I lost my saves...

How did you loose your saves? Big platforms like Steam or GOG all have cloud saves and restore your saves even if you delete them on your local drive.

Because some of us play offline, not using the online services?

anyway because I lost my saves...

How did you loose your saves? Big platforms like Steam or GOG all have cloud saves and restore your saves even if you delete them on your local drive.

I have no idea where those saves are located then.

• 1 month later...