Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Katrina Garsten leaves Obsidian

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This starts to annoy me... and bore me at the same time. What is this called? Annoredom? Borenoyance?

Where is the creativity? Where is the logical argument at? If you disagree, can you accomplish saying something reasonable without throwing petty insults, or do we always have to resort to that kind of thing every time we read something we don't like? I know it's the cool thing on here to gang up while trolling, that's always been an interesting forum behavior to me.

This doesn't happen when someone disagrees, it only happens as soon as you write weird, uncovered stuff haphazardly. It's toxic in the long run.

By the way most of the answers are pretty reasonable - yours are not always among them.
You do realize that the only thing he wants is this kind of attention, right? He’s not actually interested in saying anything meaningful.
  • JerekKruger and draego like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I don't think non-members aren't going to care about who's trolling who, but it is bad for the forum rep. Even moreso is people constantly degrading and accusing members of having alternate accounts just because they disagree but cannot properly counter a given standpoint on an issue, which seems to be the norm of the past few months on these threads.

It's just best to let the thread die I guess, but who are we kidding, the same members that are trolling here are the same who necro'd the other thread not too long ago just to troll it further. How quickly we forget. When the members are constipated, it's easy to want to forget and I can understand that.

When threads like this continue to live past their due life, I wonder, which side will set aside their pride for the sake of the community. Who will be the bigger avatar in the end?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This starts to annoy me... and bore me at the same time. What is this called? Annoredom? Borenoyance?

Where is the creativity? Where is the logical argument at? If you disagree, can you accomplish saying something reasonable without throwing petty insults, or do we always have to resort to that kind of thing every time we read something we don't like? I know it's the cool thing on here to gang up while trolling, that's always been an interesting forum behavior to me.

This doesn't happen when someone disagrees, it only happens as soon as you write weird, uncovered stuff haphazardly. It's toxic in the long run.
By the way most of the answers are pretty reasonable - yours are not always among them.
You do realize that the only thing he wants is this kind of attention, right? He’s not actually interested in saying anything meaningful.
I already posted meaningful comments, now I'm simply replying to petty insults from people who never learned to counter comments properly. I could care less if you or anyone gives me any sort of attention. I don't know any of you so not sure how nobody's attention would somehow benefit me. No offense, just saying.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4924 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

All right, well good luck to Ms. Garsten in her new endeavors then. :)

• IndiraLightfoot, Yenkaz, JerekKruger and 2 others like this

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1944 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I already posted meaningful comments, now I'm simply replying to petty insults from people who never learned to counter comments properly. I could care less if you or anyone gives me any sort of attention. I don't know any of you so not sure how nobody's attention would somehow benefit me. No offense, just saying.

That's rich. You pick your battles carefully on this thread, commenting "only" on the nonsense and try to play the victim game while ignoring all the valid points made in this thread. At least you are a lot better than your average forum troll.

r00fles!

• Achilles, Bartimaeus, JerekKruger and 2 others like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
And yet you're the one using the common troll language.

The only rich here is that you accuse me of the very thing you are doing, in more ways than one.... for example, accusing me of not giving up. Here you are yet again, you must not really want this thread to die, nor must you really dislike reading my comments. Have a good day.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

And yet you're the one using the common troll language.

The only rich here is that you accuse me of the very thing you are doing, in more ways than one.... for example, accusing me of not giving up. Here you are yet again, you must not really want this thread to die, nor must you really dislike reading my comments. Have a good day.

Troll deflects accusation of trolling by accusing others of being trolls. Troll-ception.
  • JerekKruger and draego like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I thought it was the other way around... seeing how my differed opinion was the only thing that got me called a troll in the first place.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The fact that you’re a troll is why people keep calling you a troll. The fact that some people seem to have a hard time noticing is why Flouride said you’re above average at it.
  • Bartimaeus, injurai, JerekKruger and 1 other like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Except it's not that I'm the real troll, it's anything but that. You and other members on this forum are constantly accusing myself and others of trolling, having alternate accounts and so on is only because you guys don't like what people say or because you guys cannot convince others that they're wrong and to convert to your side of the argument, not because what they're saying is ill-mannered. You guys could say the sky is pink and agree with each other for the sake of proving someone wrong, it still doesn't make it so.

Edited by SonicMage117, 16 March 2018 - 02:38 PM.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 975 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dear moderators, I think it is safe to close this thread.

• Achilles, Flouride, Bartimaeus and 6 others like this

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Except it's not that I'm the real troll, it's anything but that. You and other members on this forum are constantly accusing myself and others of trolling, having alternate accounts and so on is only because you guys don't like what people say or because you guys cannot convince others that they're wrong and to convert to your side of the argument, not because what they're saying is ill-mannered. You guys could say the sky is pink and agree with each other for the sake of proving someone wrong, it still doesn't make it so.

You're like the love child of Karzak and Caelis, and if you don't do that on purpose then maybe you should re-think that. You've got a real gift here. :)

• Bartimaeus and draego like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
So you're implying that what I said isn't true? Perhaps you should take a look at some of the threads across this forums, where mods are constantly asking the trolls to stop accusing members of having alternate accounts and other things in general. You guys act if I'm making all this stuff up but the proof is there, however if one chooses to live in denial or not look for the truth that is entirely up to them.

So far, I've been insulted in almost every way on this thread, as people have been for saying something that members don't particularly like. If it's not being accused of seeking attention, it's starting conspiracies, if it's not that, then it's trolling, and if it's not trolling then it's caring too much. So which one is it, I wonder, as some of these actually contradict each other - though some members aren't smart enough to tell there's a difference.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

PSA: The best way to suppress discussion with a troll is to...you got it, not discuss anything with them. Only YOU can prevent forest fires trolls (and general ....-for-brains) from crapping all over your forums more than strictly necessarily.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 17 March 2018 - 09:14 AM.

• Achilles, Azdeus, rjshae and 5 others like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2169 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Or report the thread or/and the troll to a mod as trolling is against the forums rules.

I have no doubt that a mod will be here shortly, I think the thread has ran it's course and will be locked shortly.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6483 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

This thread has certainly run its course.

Farewell and good luck to Katrina and thanks for the patience with my backer content.

• Azdeus, IndiraLightfoot, injurai and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users