Great 6-Person Party: final run analysis and thoughts

Thanks for the guide, it has really helped me on my first play through. Just hit level 16 and i was looking at your enchants. How do you get so many items enchanted to Legendary? What information i can find on this tells me that I can only upgrade 2 weapons and 2 pieces of armor to legendary due to there only being 2 Kraken Eyes and 2 Bog Dragon Scales in the game.

Note that all your melee characters dump Dex. Is that because Dex has a relatively small effect on melee DPS, or more that melee DPS doesn't matter too much?

Yes, these melee builds intentionally dump DEX, because they were created to endure damage and utilize passives/pulse abilities (Chanter = Dragon Thrashed, Paladin = Sacred Immolation, etc.). The "normal" melee attacks should be viewed as an added benefit, while the primary damage comes from the passive abilities/pulse-attacks.

I get the reasoning for the Chanter and Paladin, but how does the Barbarian contribute other than by hitting people?

Thanks for the guide, it has really helped me on my first play through. Just hit level 16 and i was looking at your enchants. How do you get so many items enchanted to Legendary? What information i can find on this tells me that I can only upgrade 2 weapons and 2 pieces of armor to legendary due to there only being 2 Kraken Eyes and 2 Bog Dragon Scales in the game.

You can use the one-shot Helwax Mold to clone a single item. There are potentially 4 Bog Dragon Scales available. 

Thanks so much for the responses above. That really cleared up a lot!

NAME: Malakai (main)

RACE: Nature Godlike

BCKG: Living Lands - Colonist

CLASS: Druid

WPS: Cladhaliath (superb/shock) ...

For the Cladhalíath, what enchants did you choose from the enhancement puzzle? I imagine not Exceptional since you took superb, but what were your choices?

I was thinking that maybe Stunning and Reliable were good ones, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Also does this work with boar form or do you lose all weapon enchants when in a druid form?

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now doing a bunch of enchanting on my gear and I'm having trouble getting exactly what you have outlined in your post.

How did you get Badgradr’s Barricade to get Legendary? It start with 8/14 anvils filled so looks like you can only get Superb with 6.

How did you get Blaidh Golan to get Legendary, Int +2, and Slash-Proofed? It seems that I would have to do a trade between Legendary with Int +1 or Superb with Int +2. How much do you evaluate being at 20 Int vs 19 Int?

If you did do Legendary on either or both of the items listed above, where did you get the two extra bog dragon scales? In order to get Outworn Buckler, Black Sanctuary, Sanguine Plate, and White Crest Armor all to Legendary it used all 4 I get for beating the bog dragons. I hope I'm not missing another source. That would be great!

Thanks again.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, heldred said:

post-154328-0-30276500-1520529693_thumb.jpg

NAME: Kylix

RACE: Coast Aumaua

BCKG: Aedyr - Slave

CLASS: Paladin (Bleak Walker)

Starting ATTS: MIG 17, CON 10, DEX 5, PER 16, INT 16 RES 13

Ending ATTS: MIG 20, CON 12, DEX 7, PER 23, INT 21, RES 15

SKILLS: Athletics 10, Lore 10, Survival 8

ABLTS: Faith and Conviction, Flames of Devotion, Inspiring Triumph, Liberating Exhortation, Healing Chain, Sacred Immolation, Watchful Presence, Litany Against Minor, Triggered Immunity, Reinforcing Exhortation, Second Wind, Sworn Enemy, Tower Physique, Zealous Endurance
TLNTS: Weapon and Shield, Weapon Focus Knight, Vets Recovery, Deep Faith, Black Path, Scion of Flame, Bloody Slaughter, Vulnerable Attack

WPS: Steadfast + Outworn (legend/durg) / St. Ydwen’s Redeemer

ITMS: Company Captain’s Cap (head), Ryona’s Breastplate (chest), Lilith’s Shawl (back), Ryona’s Vambraces (hands), Sentinel’s Girdle (waist), Longmarch (feet), Ring of Prot/Ring of Deflect (fingers)

ACC: 101 / 97

DEF: Defl 122, Fort 120, Refl 145, Will 133

PWR TEAM: 8

PWR INDIVIDUAL: 7

post-154328-0-51626300-1520529702_thumb.jpg

NAME: Heldred

RACE: Coastal Aumaua

BCKG: Old Vailia - Colonist

CLASS: Barbarian

Starting ATTS:  MIG 18, CON 5, DEX 5, PER 16, INT 18, RES 17

Ending ATTS: MIG 21, CON 7, DEX 7, PER 19, INT 21, RES 17

SKILLS: Stealth 3, Athletics 8, Lore 6, Survival 14

ABLTS: Barbaric Yell, Carnage, Heart of Fury, One Stands Alone, Dragon Leap, Infestation of Maggots, Vile Thorns, Blood Thirst, Echoing Shout, Dragon’s Breath, Torrent of Flame, Firebrand, Savage Defiance, Second Wind, Thick-skinned, Tower Physique

TLNTS: Vets Recovery, Weapon and Shield, Weapon Focus Ruffian, Savage Attack, Stalwart Defiance, Bloody Slaughter, Spirit of Decay, Superior Deflection

WPS: Bittercut (legend/durg) + Dragon’s Maw / Blesca’s Labor (superb/kith) + St. Wygelts (superb/vessel/fire)

ITMS: Sanguine Plate Helm (head), Sanguine Plate (legend/durg/crush, chest), Marked Amulet (back), Guantlets of Swift Action (hands), Royal Deadfire (waist), Shod-in-Faith (feet), Ring of Prot/Ring of Deflect (fingers)

ACC: 96 + 91 / 102 + 102

DEF: Defl 116, Fort 96, Refl 121, Will 115

PWR TEAM: 4

post-154328-0-45061100-1520529709_thumb.jpg

NAME: Cira

RACE: Moon Godlike

BCKG: White that Wends - Laborer

CLASS: Chanter

Starting ATTS: MIG 18, CON 10, DEX 5, PER 16, INT 18, RES 10

Ending ATTS: MIG 18, CON 10, DEX 5, PER 20, INT 18, RES 14

SKILLS: Athletics 6, Lore 10, Survival 8

ABLTS: Brisk Recitation, Dancing Bolts, Overwhelming Wave, Clarity, Clear Out, Recall Agony, Second Wind, Silver Tide, Chant 1-4

INVOCS: Reny Daret’s Ghost, We Would Not Rest, Thunder Rolled, White Worms, As the Sound of His Voice, Lover Cried, Gernisc’s Beast, Seven Nights, Champion Braved, Boil Their Flesh or Called to Bidding (I like Boil better, but both decent)

CHANTS: anything you like, just pick Dragon Thrashed at LVL 9 (this is your primary weapon going forward... and it hurts!)

TLNTS: Ancient Memory, Gallant’s Focus, Beloved Spirits, Weapon and Shield, Vets Recovery, Weapon Focus Adventurer, Bloody Slaughter, Scion of Flame

WPS: Starcaller (superb/durg) + Badgradr’s Barricade (legend/durg) / Grey Sleeper

ITMS: White Crest (legend/durg/pierce, waist), Swaddling (back), Siegebreaker (hands), Boots of Stability (feet), Looped Belt (waist), Ring Prot/Ring Deflect (fingers)

ACC: 94 + 92 / 98

DEF: Defl 118, Fort 95, Refl 119, Will 103

PWR TEAM: 7

PWR INDIVIDUAL: 8

post-154328-0-64435100-1520529724_thumb.jpg

NAME: Malakai (main)

RACE: Nature Godlike

BCKG: Living Lands - Colonist

CLASS: Druid

Starting ATTS: MIG 16, CON 7, DEX 16, PER 10, INT 18, RES 10

Ending ATTS: MIG 23, CON 10, DEX 20, PER 18, INT 20, RES 10

SKILLS: Stealth 4, Athletics 8, Lore 10, Survival 14

ABLTS: Crucible of Soul, Dominion of Sleepers, Druid Boar Regen, Visage of Concelhaut, Nature’s Vigor, Withdraw, Carouse, Second Wind, Speaker Restless, Spiritshift Boar, Steps to Wheel, Wellspring Life

MASTER SPELLS: Form Delemgan, Returning Storm, Sunbeam, Woodskin

TLNTS: Wildstrike Shock, Greater Wildstrike Shock, Weapon Focus Peasant, Second Skin, Two Weapon Style, Gift from Machine, Flick of Wrist, Dozen’s Luck, Vets Recovery, Heart of Storm, Scale-Breaker, Effigy’s Resentment Maneha, Weapon and Shield, Sever Soul, Bloody Slaughter, Blooded Hunter, Galawain’s Boon, Song of Heavens

WPS: Cladhaliath (superb/shock) + Black Sanctuary (legend/durg) / Unlabored Blade + Captain Vic’s Anger (superb/shock/kith)

ITMS: Wayfarer’s Hide (superb/durg/slash/intellect, chest), Mantle Excavator (back), Glittering Gauntlets (hands), Vietto’s Footwear (feet), Girdle of Eoten Const (waist) Ring of Prot/Pensiavi mes Rei (fingers), Concelhaut (pet)

ACC: 96 / 106 + 91

DEF: Defl 118, Fort 115, Refl 154, Will 109

PWR TEAM: 9

PWR INDIVIDUAL: 9

post-154328-0-42946100-1520529736_thumb.jpg

NAME: Sidra

RACE: Island Aumaua

BCKG: Old Vailia - Mercenary

CLASS: Priest (Berath)

Starting ATTS: MIG 15, CON 8, DEX 15, PER 15, INT 16, RES 8

Ending ATTS: MIG 19, CON 11, DEX 18, PER 20, INT 21, RES 8

SKILLS: Athletics 6, Lore 6, Mechanics 13, Survival 1

ABLTS: Holy Radiance, Blessing, Second Wind, Restore Moderate Endurance, Armed to Teeth

MASTER SPELLS: Armor of Faith, Consecrated Ground, Devotions, Dire Blessing

TLNTS: Interdiction, Pallid Hand, Vets Recovery, Weapon Focus Noble, Weapon and Shield, Painful Interdiction, Scion of Flame, Bloody Slaughter

WPS: Aimoranet (superb/burn/wilder) + Little Savior (superb/durg) / Hours of St Rumbalt (burning/kith) / Gyrd Hae Stenes

ITMS: Autumn Fire (exceptional/perception, chest), Maegfolc Skull (head), Cloak of Comfort (back), Mechanics or Swift Action (hands), Echoing Misery (feet), Eoten Constitution (waist), Gwyn’s Band/Ring of Thorns (fingers)

ACC: 103 / 97 / 112

DEF: Defl 104, Fort 105, Refl 152, Will 103

PWR TEAM: 10

PWR INDIVIDUAL: 9

post-154328-0-19562300-1520529744_thumb.jpg

NAME: Tyrus

RACE: Death Godlike

BCKG: Old Vailia - Mercenary

CLASS: Wizard

Starting ATTS: MIG 18, CON 10, DEX 12, PER 12, INT 17, RES 8

Ending ATTS: MIG 20, CON 14, DEX 15, PER 15, INT 20, RES 10

SKILLS: Athletics 4, Lore 12, Survival 8

ABLTS: Arcane Assault, Death’s Usher, Minor Arcane Reflection, Second Wind

MASTER SPELLS: Deleterious, Eldritch Aim, Mirrored, Ninagauth’s Shadowflame

MEMORIZED SPELLS: (1st) Chillfog, Staff, Ghost, Double, (2nd) Bewildering, Blackened, Infuse, Merciless, (3rd) Expose, Blights, Displaced, Visage, (4th) Shadowflame, Physical, Confusion, Tentacles, (5th) Blast, Lance, Safeguard, Cloud, (6th) Hex, Martial, Gaze, Blunt, (7th) Doom, Image, Bolt, Orb, (8th) Rake, Bulwark, Wall, Wind

TLNTS: Arcane Veil, Hardened Veil, Weapon and Shield, Vets Recovery, Bloody Slaughter, Weapon Focus Knight, Savage Attack, Two Handed

WPS: We Toki (legend/burning/beast) + Little Savior (superb/durg) / Adydon’s Hammer

ITMS: Blaidh Golan (legend/intellect/pierce/durgan, chest), Master Mystic (back), Celebrant’s Gloves (hands), Boots of Stability (feet), Broad Belt of Power (waist), Ring Thorns/Iron Circle (fingers)

ACC: 91 / 94

DEF: Defl 108, Fort 108, Refl 131, Will 100

PWR INDIVIDUAL: 10

Heldred; what types of armor did you have running on your party?  Like was it LIGHT, MEDIUM, or HEAVY?

Edited by Doctorwho281

The first item after "ITMS" that has "chest" in brackets is always the armor he's wearing:

ITMS: Blaidh Golan (legend/intellect/pierce/durgan, chest), 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 7:14 PM, Boeroer said:

Right. It's fairly easy to get 2500 cp from Heodan. Besides Gaun's Pledge (which is the lion's share) do not forget to sell him the Disappointer and also all the potions you loot. Those are expensive...

Is there anyway to get Gaun’s Pledge now? It doesn’t seem to come with the base edition of the game and looks like it was available to backers only.  Thanks.

13 hours ago, JordOfOz said:

Is there anyway to get Gaun’s Pledge now? It doesn’t seem to come with the base edition of the game and looks like it was available to backers only.  Thanks.

No. I get it in my game. I have the steam edition with both xp packs. I was not a backer and bought the game in 2018.

Edited by mr_raider

• 9 months later...

no idea if heldred is still active in this forum, but I would be very interested, which part of these builds are more or less optional and which ones are mandatory...

Especially how much flexibility in Race-selection is possible - as all builds are Godlike or Aumaua?

I understand, that it's part of the concept that all builds go for one-handed & shield...

...but are there any builds that could also use dual-wielding and/or two-handed without killing the concept?

At which point do you "buy" the Mercs?

I'm on L2 when I arrive at the Black Hound and Mercs costs 250 on L1 (5x250=1.250) - somehow curious as someone postet, that you would need 2.500 for 5 Mercs - as you buy them on L2 that way...

...seems that I missed the right strategy on Encampment and Cilant Lis - is it possible to get to L3 when soloing ?

I would have expected, that you better avoid all XP in Valewood and Gilded Vale until you bought all Mercs?

We Toki gives +30% to all damage or why is this Axe used by a Wiz?

Edited by demon72

just tested it, guess this decision is based on the fact that shapeshift is very powerfull right from the start and you can sell more stuff to heodan that way to get all mercs early...

EDIT: any idea on the other issues?

especially: let Heodan get injured to get rid of Calisca via camping early - for more XP in in Cilant Lis?

Edited by demon72

...is shapeshift to "Boar" recommended for this build or does this choice doesn't matter much?

...especially as shapeshift to "Stag" seems to me the better option?

...and what is so great about "Cladhaliath"?

...are the following 3 spears not the much better choice?

• Treave's Conqueror Spear
  • The Vile Loner's Lance
  • Danulya

Edited by demon72

That depends on what you want to do with the spear and how you enchant it. It is the only weapon in the game that you can enchant with unique stuff to your liking.

For the Counselor Ploi build Cladhaliath is perfect because it can provide "Marking" - which stacks with Paladin's Coordinated Attacks. Both give +10 ACC to the next ally who's attacking the same enemy as you. So +20 - and those +20 stack with every other ACC bonus you might get.

For other builds the stunning enchantment might be great (it is awesome if you crit a lot). And so on.

Treave's Conquerer Spear is just an exceptional spear. It only has a unique look. Nothing else about it is unique or particularly good. Note that you can improve every weapon exceptional or beyond with crafting. 

Vile Loner's Lance is great for any interrupt/debuff build (e.g. a Babarian) because it not only causes -5 to all defenses on hit (which is cool) but also causes unusually long interrupts compared to all other spears (1 sec instead of 0.5 secs).

Danulya is the best spear in terms of dps because it has speed (which is the best dps enchantment besides wounding).

---

Spiritshift Boar is the best form against high DR foes (dps wise). It also provides self healing (like Fighters have or like Veteran's Recovery basically - Vet.'s Recovery and Boar Regeneration do stack). Cat form has the best dps against normal/low DR foes. 

The rest of the Spiritshift forms are suboptimal. The Stag form isn't good.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The rest of the Spiritshift forms are suboptimal. The Stag form isn't good.

thanks for all that information!

at first I expected, that the stag defense (+7 to all) might be a better choice, but good to know, that this is wrong.

44 minutes ago, demon72 said:

at first I expected, that the stag defense (+7 to all) might be a better choice, but good to know, that this is wrong.

The +7 to all defenses is pretty good per se, but not superuseful for a shifted druid who's not going to have stellar defenses to begin with. But yeah, not bad.
However, the other ability (Stag Carnage) is really bad - so on average I don't think that form is good. It looks great though. :)

Boar has the advantage that both of his abilities are passive and they are both good.

Cat has higher attack speed in general and althoug its special speed ability is only usable per rest it's pretty good and stacks with its general high attack speed. 

12 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Boar has the advantage that both of his abilities are passive and they are both good.

Both?!

What is the second one?

I just find the "boar regeneration"...

...and as far as I understand this one, it gives "just" +2 Endurance every 3 seconds when shapeshifted, so depending on INT (assuming that INT increases shapeshifting) maybe 14 or 15 endurance per encounter - or is this calculation wrong?

I assumed that "+7 to all" would save you more then 14-15 endurance per encounter - but no idea...

about Stag Carnage, I'm not sure if there are not better abilities to learn...

Spiritshift Boar is the best form against high DR foes (dps wise)

maybe stupid question - but is there any difference between the Boar- and the Stag-attack?

...both have 16-25 piercing with average speed?

EDIT:

is it possible that a Cipher casts "reaping knives" on a shapeshifted druid?

...as the druid will have "two weapon style"?

Edited by demon72

4 hours ago, demon72 said:

Both?!

What is the second one?

I just find the "boar regeneration"...

The second one: Boar Tusks apply a passive wounding effect (similar to the wounding that some unique weapons do). It's a raw damage over time "lash" that is multiplicative and that even scales with you character's Might (meaning the higher your Might the bigger the percentage of the lash) - and it's one of the best weapon effects for dps there is (besides speed).

For whatever reason it's not listed in the wiki. Don't ask me why.

...and as far as I understand this one, it gives "just" +2 Endurance every 3 seconds when shapeshifted, so depending on INT (assuming that INT increases shapeshifting) maybe 14 or 15 endurance per encounter - or is this calculation wrong?

I assumed that "+7 to all" would save you more then 14-15 endurance per encounter - but no idea...

+7 to all defenses is not bad. But defenses have increasing returns. That means that such a bonus is especially good for somebody who already has good defenses but not particularly useful for somebody who hasn't. A spiritshifted Druid usually isn't focused on defenses so the +7 to all defenses help a bit but are not as good as they would be on - let's say a paladin tank.

The Boar regeneration is def. the weaker of the two passives the boar gets (the really good one is the wounding) but it stacks with all other sources of healing (like Veteran's Recovery for example) which can be used to be rel. sturdy despite focusing on offense. +2 per 3sec is only the base value. IIRC it scale with level - and stuff like Might, high Survival skill (pick the healing bonus when camping), healing buffs like the Chanter's "Mercy and Kindness" chant and also items can increase its potentency further. It's not supergood but nice to have.

about Stag Carnage, I'm not sure if there are not better abilities to learn...

It's bad. A lame AoE attack you can use per rest. And you don't lean it, it just comes with the Stag form. If it were a passive, weaker Carnage effect (see Barbarian) I would totally recommend Stag. But as is I can only recommend it if you are building a high-defense Druid who's supposed to look great when shifted. Also it's the form I would use when I play a Nature Godlike - for optical reason only.

is there any difference between the Boar- and the Stag-attack?

...both have 16-25 piercing with average speed?

As I explained above the Boar's tusks apply raw wounding damage over time. Raw means it ignores the DR of enemies.

is it possible that a Cipher casts "reaping knives" on a shapeshifted druid?

...as the druid will have "two weapon style"?

I believe that doesn't work. Also I wouldn't do it even if it worked because Spiritshift weapons scale with character level and become stupidly powerful at higher levels - I wouldn't overwrite those weapons with Reaping Knives even if I could.
The best target of reaping knives would be a Rogue or a Barbarian.
It doesn't matter if the character who receives Reaping Knives has Two Weapon Style of not. What I mean is that Two Weapon Stylew doesn't determine whether you can cast it on them or not. They will just attack a bit faster with Two Weapon Style than without of course. 

I would recommend that you just start playing. You are def. overplanning and overthinking this. :) 

Edit: befire I forget - A druid focused on Spiritshift absolutely wants to use the Wildstrike Belt. Its description is misleading. It's a LOT better than it appears to be:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

thanks for all that help! 😃

Boar Tusks apply a passive wounding effect

...it's mentioned somewhere, but...

a) ...I didn't recognized this as ability

b) ...it was not clear that this effect is that good

Resumee: my young elvish druid girl now has to shapeshift to an old wildboar! 🤣

I would recommend that you just start playing. You are def. overplanning and overthinking this. 

that's me... 😇

...but don't worry, I'm still playing parallel... ;)

...just want to learn the mechanics as good as this is possible in one run for PoE II, as I plan to spend some more time on this one.

As I want to use the Cypher-Build here - could you be so kind and roughly estimate the used base stats?

And is there any reason to use an Island Aumaua for the Priest (Sidra) that I just don't understand or could I also (or even better) use a Hearth Orlan or an Elf for that build?

EDIT: do you think it's possible to adept Schemer's Needler to that party concept (all builds extremly tanky) or even mix it up with the Sidra-build?

I somehow get catched by the Schemer's Needler idea... 😊

EDIT2: does the Death's Usher effect of the Death Godlike triggers often, when it is used on a wizard?

Edited by demon72

Could the following be somehow plausible for the cypher-build?

assumed base stats for hedreds Cypher-build:

Starting ATTS:  MIG 16, CON 7, DEX 16*, PER 14, INT 16, RES 9

*15+1 from Deadfire

hedred posted following stats:

Ending ATTS: MIG 19, CON 10, DEX 17, PER 17, INT 19, RES 10

on items I just found +3 CON from Marked Amulet. From enchanting / forging I couldn't find any further stat increases?

Original Build by Hedred:

NAME: template

RACE: Human Meadow

BCKG: Deadfire - Mercenary

CLASS: Cipher

Ending ATTS: MIG 19, CON 10, DEX 17, PER 17, INT 19, RES 10

SKILLS: Stealth 3, Athletics 8, Lore 10, Survival 8

ABLTS: Fighting Spirit, Second Wind, Soul Whip, Torrent of Flame, Firebrand, Harbinger

TLNTS: Vets Recovery, Weapon and Shield, Weapon Focus Ruffian, Savage Attack, Superior Deflection, Biting Whip, Draining Whip, Greater Focus

WPS:  St. Wygelts (superb/vessel/fire/durg) + Redfield (superb/durg) / Silver Flash or Scon Mica   (note: if limited enchanting resources, could use Blesca or Mataru clubs, and swap shield)

ITMS: Sanguine Plate Helm (head), Sanguine Plate (chest), Marked Amulet (back), Guantlets of Swift Action (hands), Royal Deadfire (waist), Shod-in-Faith (feet), Ring of Prot/Ring of Deflect (fingers)

SPELLS: Eyestrike, Tenuous, Whisper, Amplified, Mental, Mind, Psycho, Puppet, Secret, Soul, Lance, Between, Scream, Instinct, Detonate, Ringleader, Tactical, Wave Disintegrate, Plague, Stasis, Parasite, Mindweb, Reaping

ACC: 99 / 90+ (depends on enchants)

DEF: Defl 115, Fort 92, Refl 132, Will 92

Edited by demon72

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2018 at 7:57 PM, heldred said:

WPS: Cladhaliath (superb/shock)

how do you get superb and shock?

...or is this meant additional to the first two enchantments from the ritual?

...if so, which would be the recommended two from the ritual?

EDIT: guess this should answer my question ;)

cladhaliath Q, can you add weapon quality? - Pillars of Eternity: Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unity Engine (Spoiler Warning!) - Obsidian Forum Community

Edited by demon72