My requests for KOTOR 2

First off, I understand that the game has moved past the "Alpha" stage so some of these suggestions will most likely not be implemented, but I would still like to add my two cents "wish list."

1. LESS BUGS. This is my number one... right now I can barely play KOTOR 1, as I have an ATI 9800 Pro video card that is making the game randomly crash on loading screens. Please, please, please, Obsidian, iron out those bugs before the game goes gold, and work to fix problems with patches if they do arise.

2. Give us a better selection of decent items for characters to use. In KOTOR 1, my characters would almost always be using the same equipment each time I went through the game, because those were the only good items- e.g, Carth ALWAYS using the Cassus Fett blaster pistol because it was the best one in the game. Give us some alternative choices to use, so we can try out different things in replaying the game, without punishing ourselves by not using the "strongest" weapons. At least for me, having characters wear the same equipment every time I play makes it get really old, really fast.

3. On a similar note, make sure each NPC is useful and potentially powerful. I found myself using the three Jedi NPCs in KOTOR 1 far more than any other characters, just because they seemed more useful to me than some of the other characters. I hardly ever used Mission Vao in my game, because two other characters had decent demolitions skill scores, and her security skill wasn't needed because I could just bash the doors down. So I would like to see a reason for each NPC in the game, other than to just make them required for a certain part of the game (as Mission was briefly on Taris) or "just for variety."

4. Make the music and sound good. Really good. Good SFX add a lot to a game. That goes for the voice acting as well.

5. Give the light side some decent offensive force powers, so the good Jedi don't feel like they are weaker than the DS players. I often got that feelings when I played light side in the first game, and didn't have any offensive powers like Force Lightning. LS Jedi consulars need something to do besides increase peoples' ability scores and stun enemies!

6. Give us other ways to turn to the dark side than just shaking people down for money and threatening to kill them (or actually killing them). That was really a disappointment in KOTOR 1. The only really, truly "dark side-ish" thing in the game (I thought) was the choice at the end of the game that determined the ending.

7. Multiple endings, more than just one ending for light side and one for dark side. That would be great, and increase the replay value of the game.

That's about all I can think of. I'm sure all these points have been mentioned by other people before, though. I could write a whole book on what I want to see in KOTOR 2, so I think I'll stop here before I get carried away. Keep up the good work, Obsidian... from the info that has been revealed so far about the game, I can say that I think it wil be awesome. B)

First off, I understand that the game has moved past the "Alpha" stage so some of these suggestions will most likely not be implemented, but I would still like to add my two cents "wish list."

1. LESS BUGS. This is my number one... right now I can barely play KOTOR 1, as I have an ATI 9800 Pro video card that is making the game randomly crash on loading screens. Please, please, please, Obsidian, iron out those bugs before the game goes gold, and work to fix problems with patches if they do arise.

What driver version are you using? On the Bioware boards, they suggest, I believe, an older version, such as 4.2 or 4.3. I, myself, switched to 4.2 and the game runs smoothly on mine.

2. Give us a better selection of decent items for characters to use. In KOTOR 1, my characters would almost always be using the same equipment each time I went through the game, because those were the only good items- e.g, Carth ALWAYS using the Cassus Fett blaster pistol because it was the best one in the game. Give us some alternative choices to use, so we can try out different things in replaying the game, without punishing ourselves by not using the "strongest" weapons. At least for me, having characters wear the same equipment every time I play makes it get really old, really fast.

I thought there was a decent amount. Often times I'd buy all the best weapons, but find I didn't have enough characters to equip them with. I think a remedy would be to make certain weapons more "valuable" for certain tasks. That might add replay value to using different weapons (for example, do you use a rocket launcher to blow the droids to bits, or do you use a ion gun or whatever to immobilize them so you can use a repair skill to turn the droids to your side).

3. On a similar note, make sure each NPC is useful and potentially powerful. I found myself using the three Jedi NPCs in KOTOR 1 far more than any other characters, just because they seemed more useful to me than some of the other characters. I hardly ever used Mission Vao in my game, because two other characters had decent demolitions skill scores, and her security skill wasn't needed because I could just bash the doors down. So I would like to see a reason for each NPC in the game, other than to just make them required for a certain part of the game (as Mission was briefly on Taris) or "just for variety."

They've stated they are intending to do this by giving each NPC a strength that only he/she has and will make them more valuable for different reasons.

4. Make the music and sound good. Really good. Good SFX add a lot to a game. That goes for the voice acting as well.

I liked the music and voice acting of the first game.

5. Give the light side some decent offensive force powers, so the good Jedi don't feel like they are weaker than the DS players. I often got that feelings when I played light side in the first game, and didn't have any offensive powers like Force Lightning. LS Jedi consulars need something to do besides increase peoples' ability scores and stun enemies!

The problem is, by definition, the LS isn't an "offensive" Force alignment. The LS is for defense. Perhaps the only thing I can think of is make a LSer's immunity to other Force powers stronger, so even though their offensive skills aren't as strong, they can absorb more damage without consequence.

6. Give us other ways to turn to the dark side than just shaking people down for money and threatening to kill them (or actually killing them). That was really a disappointment in KOTOR 1. The only really, truly "dark side-ish" thing in the game (I thought) was the choice at the end of the game that determined the ending.

They've stated they hope to achieve a less "thug-like" DS game this time around. But I do agree that in KOTOR1, it seemed more like petty thuggery than DS.

7. Multiple endings, more than just one ending for light side and one for dark side. That would be great, and increase the replay value of the game.

This would be interesting, but we'll have to wait and see how Obsidian deals with this.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the music and voice acting for the first game are great, too, and I'd like to see that continue in the second game.

As for my driver version, I don't think I'll go into that, for fear of taking this thread off-topic. But yes, I have heard the option of switching to a lower driver version, but I'm stil debating whether to try it. That's all I think that should be said on that subject...

Carth ALWAYS using the Cassus Fett blaster pistol because it was the best one in the game.

Actually you should have everyone using melee weapons, they do infinitely more damage than blasters and in fact, one of my main complaints with KotoR is how INCREDIBLY crap the blasters are. Pound for pound, number for number, they just perform infinitely worse than lightsabers and baragwain (probably spelt wrong, it has been a while) assault blades.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Akari actually mentioned something about ATI's fault being the culprit. Supposedly the latest drivers don't have those problems.

As for the requests the game is already mainly feature-locked. They may make some minor adjustments, but as far as I know the game is completed and is in the bug fixing stage.

Well, one of the things I noticed in the demo was they did a lot more of the "You feel the Dark power of this place" type stuff, and gave you the opportunity to either try to cleanse it, ignore it, or revel in it.

Something along those lines would have been better, I think, for the Star Maps than a flat out DS point gain.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

As for the requests the game is already mainly feature-locked. They may make some minor adjustments, but as far as I know the game is completed and is in the bug fixing stage.

Actually, someone said the other day that the game it's gona be 40 hours long and a dev said that he couldn't have known that since they don't know it either yet so if they they can istill implement something that can alter the length with over 1 hour (which what would make sense from the reply - it wouldn't have made sense to saiy that if it was going to be altered with less than 1 hour ) they can surely implement some new things - just maybe some parts are finished so they can change only little bits of the game