Why do you play the class that you do?

Beguiler Cipher/Assasin Rogue MoonMoon Godlike.

I like the fact thet cipher could just keep going no matter how long battle last.

Not horrible build is also important, but not critical.

I roleplay as trickster artisian. Such aproach results in most funny dialogues.

Discovering the gameworld could be factor, ciphers have some unique interactions.

I tend to pick jedi class. Which could be habit from old kotors, or it is just great mix of ease to play, and versalite gameplay.

Planning Sorcerer. And BleakSoulBlade.

Edited by evilcat

Shifter Druid Orlan because furry. Loved the cat form since PoE 1. Tried making Wizard and Ranger in PoE 1 before and felt like something was missing even near the end of the game and rolled back to playing the 3rd druid anyway. I just love being the walking squishy nuke.

Shame animal form is somewhat gutted in PoE2 (Super heavy dps nerf and no spell usage compared to PoE1) but it still is okay to use the first 30% of the game before empowered Hailstorm and later, Maelstorm destroy everything.

I loved playing as a rogue in POE1 but I was really skeptical about it's POE2 version before release because of some of the changes to abilities and sneak attack modifier. But it turned out really awesome actually, felt much better than POE1 version because of the addition of some cool abilities, especially invisibility ones. And it turned out that sneak attack scales with power level.

Did you play with a multiclass rogue? If so, do you think it as worthy losing the high level abilities?

No, I played as a pure rogue assassin. It was great  :grin: And high level abilities turned out to be very good, especially for assassin who needs invisibility to hit really big. Sneak attack also scales with power level so I got to 75% at level 20. I'm not sure I will want to dilute all that with any multiclass now.

Good to know. I'm almost decided now. Assassin/Evoker. But based on your comment, I have more thinking to do...

sign.jpg

I tend to pick jedi class. Which could be habit from old kotors, or it is just great mix of ease to play, and versalite gameplay.

Planning Sorcerer. And BleakSoulBlade.

Yeah, I also go for the Jedi flair. For me that entails devastating melee wielding a great sword without shield with added mystical powers - Deadfire's Witch class fits that bill rather well. But I could also imagine going for Monk/Cipher, because Jedi are also quite monastic.

I loved playing as a rogue in POE1 but I was really skeptical about it's POE2 version before release because of some of the changes to abilities and sneak attack modifier. But it turned out really awesome actually, felt much better than POE1 version because of the addition of some cool abilities, especially invisibility ones. And it turned out that sneak attack scales with power level.

Did you play with a multiclass rogue? If so, do you think it as worthy losing the high level abilities?

No, I played as a pure rogue assassin. It was great  :grin: And high level abilities turned out to be very good, especially for assassin who needs invisibility to hit really big. Sneak attack also scales with power level so I got to 75% at level 20. I'm not sure I will want to dilute all that with any multiclass now.

Good to know. I'm almost decided now. Assassin/Evoker. But based on your comment, I have more thinking to do...

Well, if you go with rogue all the way, go with Assassin. It's da thing :)

Edited by Aramintai