I absolutely despise Durance. He's an ignorant and idiotic ass. If it weren't for his crappy bonus I'd sacrifice him to the effigy each and every time.

Well, i'm sure that Durance doesn't like you either.

Durance doesn't like anybody. He doesn't even like himself.

• Like 1

I absolutely despise Durance. He's an ignorant and idiotic ass. If it weren't for his crappy bonus I'd sacrifice him to the effigy each and every time.

I'm still sticking with my OG character, who's a zealous priestess of Magran, making Durance redundant, and thus, worthless. If MCA ever wants to come back with some gunpowder and bearded anger, well enough, but I'm going into Deadfire with the same fire and arquebus character I started with in Pillars.

Realistically, since Durance chose an extreme ascetic heterodox sect for his worship of Magran, that should actually put them in conflict, not make him redundant. But I understand that there's very few class based checks with Durance even if you yourself worship Magran.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard healing is actually more important in Deadfire so I guess a priest is still mandatory, just not for their prayer against X spells. Unless you just meant Durance in particular rather than priests in general, in which case I hope Xoti is less objectionable to you.

Why do people think they need a priest for healing?

You bring a priest for buffing. Because that's what he's best at. I mean he can also heal, sure, but that's not his best horse in the stables.

Healing can be done by a Druid, a Paladin, by self healing like Savage Definiance, Constant Recovery, Veteran's Recovery, Chanter Stuff and whatnot. The priest's healing spells aren't really that awesome to begin with.

Same in Deadfire. If you want a dedicated healer you can also pick a Livegiver or a Kind Wayfarer or even a Chanter. But if you want party-wide +20 ACC that stacks with inspirations you bring a priest and nobody else.

• Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Why do people think they need a priest for healing?

No idea, I'm not in the beta. Just repeating what I've heard about it. If it's misinformation then I apologize for spreading it. Personally I almost never use the direct healing spells in PoE 1. There were just always better things to spend those actions and spell slots on.

I'll just say that a Nature Godlike Lifegiver gets +9 Power Level for rejuvenation spells while shifted. That means +90% healing power, multiplied with MIG and also with the new 15% healing talent (which I forgot the name of). Instead of 8 health per tick Moonwell does 25 - at lvl 9... no priest is getting there anytime soon.  :dancing:

But actually I meant PoE1... ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So this make some people happy, but Josh did confirm in the stream yesterday that Durance is mentioned in Deadfire.  Apparently it is fairly early on too.  Whether he is actually "in" the game is unclear though.

• Like 1