Loading times are disgusting

Seriously why isn’t this ****ing fixed by now, shouldn’t take 20 seconds to walk in a house. Takes a few minutes to just load a game!!!!

Edited by BrotherFerg
  • Like 1

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

The more you play on a play though the worse it gets.

What helps some is keeping your stash clear

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

console is the same, even people with monster rigs get bad load times, you in the minority and lucky

this is a 2d game for crying out loud

Edited by BrotherFerg

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

Mid-range PC (year 2015)

Interior 2-3 seconds, exterior 5-6 seconds.

Optimize your PC or play on console.

Enlighten us then whats your rig look like and what are things you do?  If you can get 5 to 6 second load times at the end of the game I for one would like to know so I can get those results.  Mine is about 15 seconds per load by the end of the game.

Have gun will travel.

you in the minority and lucky

Yet my PC is nothing exceptional ...

Intel core i3 @ 3.60 ghz / memory 4 GB

Sapphire radeon HD 7850 - 2GB

Seven 32/64 bits (2 partitions)

If you can get 5 to 6 second load times at the end of the game I for one would like to know so I can get those results.

To be honnest, at the end of the game, the loading times are a little longer, but it's the same for most RPG's (DOS, NWN2, etc...).

The longer you play the more game objects pile up that have to be loaded every time (not only in the stash, but in the whole game world. Everything has to be persisted so it's in the same condition as when you saved or left the map).

As I said: you can get rid of most items in your stash (that really helps). If you are a hoarder you will face very long loading times at some point. But it's manageable if you sell all weapon/armor/other gear/traps stuff except uniques.

Luckily in Deadfire there is a new streaming system that prevents long loading times.   

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The things people complain about....

My loading times are getting longer, too, though I haven't clocked how long they take. I am on a GT83VR6RF Titan SLI MSI with PoE on the SSD, and I know most of the issues with this game as well as others are due to optimization, so it never bothered me.

For instance, I get a massive FpS drop in the battle for Caed Nua. I suspect it's because of the oPenGL, as other games have also done the same for me. Although here the different settings don't change the end experience.

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

It's highly unlikely that there'll be any more patches *, unless the console ports have support that can be backported (again unlikely).

@Boeroer (and anybody who's played the beta), the load times are better ?

(* There are still bugs from the most recent Deadfire patch)

Yes, a lot shorter. Transitioning maps hardly has any loading times. Switching from initial character generation to the actual game takes maybe 5 seconds for me. 

But this is only the beta with a lot less content/game objects. So maybe it gets a bit worse with the final game. But I guess it's save to say that loading times overall will be a lot shorter. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Weird. I'm on a laptop and my max loading time is ~8 seconds. 

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

• 2 weeks later...

It does affect how i play the game, tbh.  I find myself avoiding Defiance bay and Caed Nua as much as possible.  I even use console commands to port around sometimes in order to avoid a half dozen loading screens getting from point A to point B, which I hate doing.

For example, when "learning" the Adra dragon fight, I wanted to go from her lair to the Dracogen Inn, then camp outside town, then the brothel, then back to her lair.  The loading screens were comical.

I tried disabling autosave via iemod, which helped some. Perhaps it will become more noticeable as I progress in the game.