After playing BETA Deadfire to me is absolutey epic

I have screen shotted this thread and a few other threads where the mods have let the trolls run rampant

I am sending it all to onsidians head office so hopefully we can get rid of the crap , maybe new mods

But don't forget the one, where you accuse them of purposely delaying Deadfire. We were extremely cruel to you in that thread.

• Like 3

---

We're all doomed

I have screen shotted this thread and a few other threads where the mods have let the trolls run rampant

I am sending it all to onsidians head office so hopefully we can get rid of the crap , maybe new mods

But don't forget the one, where you accuse them of purposely delaying Deadfire. We were extremely cruel to you in that thread.

yeah man they will be stoked with you well done

I'm new to the forums just like you, my english is barely understandable and no one insulted me or made joke of me. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, there's something wrong in how you communicate with others?

• Like 5

The other day they bullied me for my English, and it isn't even my primary language lol

That is true for a lot of people here. So if someone said something about your English, maybe he/she really had problems understanding what you mean, or just had the impression that you didn't really try?

I always thought that you really were from Texas.

So you're trying to tell me that I'm not from Texas now? Lol Not that it matters, but you do know that the majority of people who live in Texas do not speak primary English, right? I can tell you've never been.

It has nothing to do with me having a problem with communicating, whenever I ask someone to point out what they didn't understand or what I could explain better, they never give an answer. It's more like the common forum logic of "I don't like this person or what they're

saying so I'll just pretend not to understand them" and so on.

Anyways, this thread is looking bad too, it may be the next to lock if it keeps going on like this and this is all turning pointless quickly.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So you're trying to tell me that I'm not from Texas now? Lol Not that it matters, but you do know that the majority of people who live in Texas do not speak primary English, right? I can tell you've never been.

No, I just thought what you said meant that you are not. Of course now that I think of it, it didn't. You could as well moved there. And no, I didn't know that. I know **** about Texas. Maybe I should have known that too. When I think of Texas first thing that comes to my mind is the guy from The Simpsons with the cowboy hat, just like when you think about Bavaria (where I come from) you will think about a guy with leather trousers, maybe with a mug of beer in his hand.

But the point is: Why do you think, I want to tell you where you come from or anything? I just didn't understand you, that's all. It's not an attack, it's not a trick. I thought that was obvious.

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

Not trying to be unfair, but perhaps such discussion would be better left to Private Messaging rather than in this thread.   There did seem to be some attempts to discuss a topic here, and I'd rather not lock the thread if it can be returned to that topic.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yep I understand the reasoning, but I think it opens up a whole new can of worms when you think about how different classes use different armour. What about light or medium armour that would come natural to rogues, chanters rangers and such? Just from the information at hand you would want to maximize your armour if you want to shield yourself from ANY damage, or to go unarmoured to get all the benefits from that. Having a light or no armour will still mean you will get hit for the double value against many enemies. A medium armour for a non-tank melee might diminish some damage, but why not go all the way and use that full plate?

Yeah and as you say, it is highly equipment and engagement dependent. You might find some fights ridiculously easy against high level targets, simply because their armour was low. Or you just chip away at enemies and it takes forever because you only do half the damage most of the time because you are fighting six full plate fighters. Personally I never really switched weapon kits, because it is another form of complexity that needs to analyzed in an already complicated game. If I need to switch weapons than I need way more transparent mechanics than PoE had. The game needs to tell me exactly why my weapon is not effective without the need of going through menus and without cluttering the UI, otherwise many players would just be totally oblivious of the mechanic and why they steamroll/have a hard time.

These are all good points and valid concerns and I am afraid I don’t know game nearly in-depth enough to confirm/relieve your worries. Medium armour has always had this issue where you either build DPS character, and put him in light, fast clothing, or you build a tank so you put him in the heaviest thing you can find. To encourage medium armor use its recovery got buffed. Whenever weak armour is useful depends on how much penetration various enemy attacks are. While it won’t save you from heavy hitter, it should be useful against smaller attacks. If you want your character to survive prolonged, direct confrontation you have to consider heavier options, no matter if it’s fighter, rogue, wizard or cipher. Classes in POE aren’t restricted in armour types they can use, and deflection is stat entirely seperate from armours.

I am afraid that in Deadfire you will have to get used to switching weapons. It is very encouraged by design - you can use any weapon without penalty no matter if you got proficiency for it or not, and proficiencies are rather plentiful. Luckily, penetration is very clearly communicated - if you are below penetration or do full penetration (2x pen vs armour rating) a tooltip above your target communicates it well, together with infamous NO PEN message.

1:34

It is as simple as taking a look at enemie’s stat sheet to check what armour rating is the weakest and making decision based on that (change target, swap weapon, use modal etc.).

Yeah that is quite the tooltip, it looks extensive. This might work out  for average players.

I still think it is a very complex concept that might prove unneeded. But without having actually played it there is simply no way to be certain. It does seem a thing at the moment that games have, what I call "spreadsheet design" where numbers are very important, in addition to the understanding of game mechanics and basic tactics.

I am curious if we get more info on what they changed within the next weeks so that I can make more than educated guesses. :D