What is the difference between all the different versions?

Iconoclast12

I'm seeing a lot of different versions of this game for sale..

Definitive Edition, Champion Edition, Royal Edition, Hero Edition, Collector's Edition...

Can someone please make some sense out of these different editions?

What are the prices? What do they come with? What's the differences between them?

Help please?

Are all of those actually real? That's rather comical.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aren't the differences written on steam or where you're trying to buy it from? I think it's mostly little knickknacks like PDFs, soundtracks, documentaries, wallpapers, blah, blah. Nothing essential IMHO, unless you have the cash spare and want to support Obsidian. 

My question is for Pillars 1.. I didn't know that the 2nd game was released yet?

Basically, I know that the xbox one and PS4 versions are just a disc, so my question is about the PC versions..

I've seen two different boxed physical copies...

This one..  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pillars-of-Eternity-Adventurer-Edition-PC-2015-NEW-SEALED/152790702718?hash=item2393091a7e:g:8BwAAOSwhVxaDksQ

And this one..  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Encore-Pillars-of-Eternity/202221921807?hash=item2f155da60f:g:r3gAAOSwSKtae~lt

They're both expensive, but nowhere on the box does it say what's included besides the game.. It also doesn't state whether or not any of the extra collectible stuff is physical or digital?

Can someone clarify what's included in those boxes? Are the extras digital or physical?

Aren't the differences written on steam or where you're trying to buy it from? I think it's mostly little knickknacks like PDFs, soundtracks, documentaries, wallpapers, blah, blah. Nothing essential IMHO, unless you have the cash spare and want to support Obsidian. 

I mainly mean the physical hard copy editions of the game, not necessarily the ones on steam. If I bought the game, I'd buy a hard copy....I don't do digital content.

I mainly mean the physical hard copy editions of the game, not necessarily the ones on steam. If I bought the game, I'd buy a hard copy....I don't do digital content.

That's pretty old school in this day and age. I was like you once, then I took an arrow to the knee moved into a tiny apartment with limited storage space and started seeing the value of digital content. 

Surely though, you want to find a copy that includes the White March? Seems like a waste to pay all that money for only the vanilla game. 

Edited by Heijoushin