nfl 2018-2019

Gromnir

2 for 4 in my pick-em group so far...but today were the safe picks - I picked Chargers and Eagles for tomorrow. We'll see how that works out.

The Cowboys not making it past the divisional round curse continues, it seems.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

what the hell

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

The Cowboys lost yesterday, the Pats obliterated the Chargers, and now Bresus has decided to suck and Big **** Nick is leading the Iggles up and down the field like it's nobody's business. I hate everything.

#DarkestTimeline

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Cowboys lost yesterday, the Pats obliterated the Chargers, and now Bresus has decided to suck and Big **** Nick is leading the Iggles up and down the field like it's nobody's business. I hate everything.

#DarkestTimeline

First Colts didn't show up, then the Chargers and now the Saints apparently weren't able to locate their own arena. This is ridiculous.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

The Saints missed a potentially game sealing field goal and I was having horrible visions of Big **** Nick engineering another heroic game winning drive until Alshon Jeffery had a pass go through his hands and into the loving arms of a Saints defender.

#ThankYouAlshon #DarkestTimelineAverted

Next weekend I root for the Saints and Chiefs, since that would make for the most entertaining Superbowl IMHO.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

14 points on your first two drives, nothing for the rest of the game. Yikes.

The Saints found the keys to the arena after all. Good for them.

I thought the wild card round had really good and entertaining games. The divisional round was the exact opposite.

As for the upcoming games, I hope Saints and Chiefs will win. But my prediction for the Super bowl is:

Patriots

Rams

One of our (Packers') first round picks this upcoming draft is the Saints', so how well they do determines how good the first rounder is. Saints have been looking mighty mortal as of the past handful of weeks, though, so I'm hopeful that the Rams beat them.

Nah. I want the Pats to win so I see people cry. I have no real dog in this fight so the most butthurt caused the better so others can join me in misery.

Anyways, I sucked predicting that round as I went for the underdogs  and lost all three of those. My one correct choice was NE which while at home was for someone reason proclaimed to be the 'underdog' vs  Chargers. L0L

I'm gonna go with the SB winning QBs this week>

My picks are NE and NO.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

One of our (Packers') first round picks this upcoming draft is the Saints', so how well they do determines how good the first rounder is. Saints have been looking mighty mortal as of the past handful of weeks, though, so I'm hopeful that the Rams beat them.

It's in the bottom four so it matters little at what place it ends up at this point.

The Rams move on.  I'll remember that game for one of the worst non-calls in recent memory. I'm usually a proponent of less flags and to let some contact go, but that was ridiculously blatant.  The defender just straight up ran through the Saints receiver and never turned around to look for the ball. I mean he straight bulldozed him.

Regardless, congratulations to the Rams.  I didn't care that much who won that game, but I definitely do care about the next game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Awful, terrible call, but it's hard for me not to be happy with the result at the same time. Still gross, though.

Well, I'll probably be on the road somewhere on Superbowl Sunday anyway, so now I won't mind not watching the game anyway.  Still, that was an exciting AFC Championship game.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I really feel sad for Drew Brees. Maybe his last shot at a Superbowl and it gets taken away from him by a ref blunder. That stung.

But I predicted Rams Patriots in the final, so there is that.

And the big winner? The machine also known as the New England Patriots.

Yeah, as much as it tires me to see the Pats in the Superbowl again, they earned it. That was a thrilling game and The Goat and Co. converted every 3rd down conversion in overtime when they needed to. On the other side, the Rams were gifted a Superbowl trip via ridiculous non-call. I get that referees are human and calls are sometimes missed, I just don't understand how you miss something THAT blatant. No guarantee that the Saints win if that call is made correctly, but their chances would certainly have risen dramatically, since they would have been able to run a lot more clock and force the Rams' to burn their final timeout. Oh well.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

A guy said to me today that the Pats are the New York Yankees of the NFL. No, not even close. The Pats never got close to the Superbowl prior to '85 and only started this dynasty in the last 15 years. The Yankees have won championships in every decade since the 1920's. And even before they when they were the NY Highlanders. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A guy said to me today that the Pats are the New York Yankees of the NFL. No, not even close. The Pats never got close to the Superbowl prior to '85 and only started this dynasty in the last 15 years. The Yankees have won championships in every decade since the 1920's. And even before they when they were the NY Highlanders. 

Yeah. The think that's annoying about the Pats is that they've been so consistently successful for those 15 years. Hell, I only saw Brady make one pass more than 15 yards down field this entire postseason. Dude's arm is gone but the playcalling and his experience are still beating other teams.

• Like 1