nfl 2018-2019

Gromnir

Dammit people, stop picking the Cowboys to win. I'm trying to reverse jinx it! :p

am going with seattle if it makes you feel better.

bears, colts, chargers. 

the texans defense is not good.  the texans secondary is terrible. the eagles defense is bad and they have no run game. am not gonna pick texans or eagles, regardless o' the cinderella fantasies people glomp onto in regards to foles. 

colts are a hot team playing well.  colts is actual a good model for what giants shoulda' done the past couple years.  oh well.  

chargers is arguable playing the best football in the afc, and lamar jackson is actual not a very good qb.  sub 50 qbr.  he has more fumbles than td passes? rookie run-first qbs have a tendency to do disproportionate well as teams is unprepared for something they rare see.  can go back past rick mirer when he won rookie o' the year for such a trend.  run qbs give opponents trouble in year 1.  chargers has seen lamar.  expect they is gonna be prepared.  that said, ravens have a top-two defense and a top-two rushing offense. if year were 2009 instead o' 2019, we would reflexive pick ravens.  is 2019 and chargers is most complete afc team in the playoffs.

since the saints game (an aberration?) the boys have been struggling against mediocre teams, and they got shutout by the one good team they faced.  best rush team in the league is seattle, but zeke is nfl rush yd leader, so... call it a wash? seattle has a decent pass rush even if sack totals ain't eye-popping.  dak prescott gets sacked and fumbles far too often.  boys have fantastic linebackers and their pass rush is also much better than sack totals suggest.  front seven is gonna need play a great game.  regardless, if boys is behind in the fourth, or even if they is only ahead by 8 or less, is tough to pick against russell wilson in such situations. boys need to get out ahead early.

'course, it is the playoffs, which means most prognostications is gonna look silly on monday even if actual picks is correct. lamar maybe puts up 300 yds and 3 tds with a qbr near perfect and still loses?  it's the playoffs, so yeah. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps if freezing rain comes on sunday night instead o' monday morning to chicago, am thinking the game is a complete forgone conclusion, even if am already picking the bears. 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

apologies for double-post, but is unrelated to previous post, so am asking for some latitude regarding board posting etiquette.

AP all-pro team

is something a little off 'bout jj watt getting first team as edge rusher and second team as interior dl, particular as am thinking a couple other guys deserve interior line recognition over watt.  we got a few additional quibbles, but overall is not too much cause for disagreement.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We got us a close on on Dallas at the half. That's good, since the first game of the day was already over at the half.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Aren't the Cowboys usually pretty good in the wildcard round? It's the divisional round where they lose every single time, I thought, :p.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The biggest positive to take away from our win was how well our defense played. We completely shut down the league's top running attack and mostly held Russel Wilson in check (he had some big plays but you can never shut Wilson completely down). Tyler Lockett burned us several times, but that dude is a force of nature.

We lost Allen Hurns early into the game and he just had surgery, so he won't be back. Cole Beasley played but was noticably hobbled. Hopefully he's back to 100% by next weekend. We'll need to be firing on all cylinders whether we face the Rams or Saints.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Both NFC wild card games wound up being exciting and both AFC games wound up being embarrassing roflstomps.

Next week muh boys take on the Rams. It's a winnable game for us but the Rams are still definitely the favorites.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It almost feels like Kansas City is being punished for getting the #1 seed by now having to play the Colts. I don't think anyone wants to play Indy right now.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think I'd rather play them than the Chargers. Tough wildcards in the AFC this year. Chiefs have a history of losing playoff games to the Colts, though, while the Colts have a history of losing playoff games to the Patriots - I'm sure the Colts are happy it worked out this way.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Divisional Round:

Saturday:

Colts at Chiefs - I'm picking the upset here. The Colts O line is dominant and quite frankly I have my doubts that the Chiefs can stop them... ever. It's a matter of can the Chiefs keep up scoring with Indy. Plus, if there's one thing I can count on, it's Andy Reid screwing up clock management and challenges. Colts win.

Cowboys at Rams - Muh Boys got no chance, none whatsoever. Rams win in a massive blowout.

Sunday:

Chargers at Patriots - I'm probably an idiot for picking against New England, but I think the Bolts are built to beat them. Chargers win.

Eagles at Saints - By all rights New Orleans should win this game and easily, but some flukey bull will happen to keep Philly in it then Big **** Nick will pull a miracle game winning drive out of his ass. Eagles win.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If that happens, it would mean two wildcards would be in a conference's championship game for the first time ever, and a wildcard would subsequently host a championship game for the first time ever. That'd be pretty cool, although I think I'd prefer a Chiefs-Chargers championship game.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Colts

Rams

Patriots

Saints

Colts O-line is so darn good. For me, Quenton Nelson is the rookie of the year. A joy to watch. Couple that with Mahomes having his first run into the play offs and Colts snag this one.

Cowboys must grind to a halt at some point, right? McVay will sort it out.

I'm really conflicted about Chargers - Patriots. Chargers have good momentum now (much like Colts) and I've been doubtful about Patriots all year. I had the same feeling last year and went with Jaguars over the Patriots and that didn't pan out, so I'm sticking with Patriots this time around.

Eagles were extremely fortunate against Bears and Foles is no magician. Brees will burn the Eagles to the ground.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Muh Boys got their asses whooped. At least we didn't get completely nuked like Indy, but we got handled. The way the Rams' running game had their way with our defense was Weinstein-esque

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸