Play Ball! The 2018 Baseball Thread

Guard Dog

Also, quietly (somehow) the Sawx have 107 wins. In fact, we have multiple 100 win teams this year.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If you are not watching the Rockies - Cubs game you are missing out. This one has been a classic!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That was a very clever way to interfere with the throw to 2nd without looking like interference.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The end of the Sawx/Yanks ALDS was so tense. Great stuff. Sawx/Stros should be HOT FIYA. The Sawx may have won 108 games, but I think the Stros are the better team. The Sawx lineup is so ridiculous, though, that they always have a punchers chance in any game. On the flip side David Price is a liability in the postseason.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oof.  I'd like to point out that fan interference took 2 points off the Stros' board (granted, Mookie possibly makes the catch without the interference) and they lost by 2.  Benintendi saved the game for the Sawx with a great diving catch and preserved yet another shaky as **** Kimbrel save.  The defending champs now find themselves 1 game from elimination.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I get that he's a hall of fame regular season pitcher, but that Kershaw guy... :no:

Well, David Price seems to have overcome his postseason demons this year, so there's always hope.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Speaking of which. Behind a solid pitching performance from Price, another great catch from Benintendi, and JD Martinez doing JD Martinez things the Sawx are up 2-0.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Stayed up for the whole thing. I see David Price returned to post season form. But it was a bad situation for him pitching on no rest. Very intense game, thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

The Sawx lineup is relentless. Kimbrel was shaky as ****, as usual, but the Sawx bats built up a large enough lead that it didn't matter. Dodgers are down to their last life.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Dodgers' hopes ride on the arm of Clayton Kershaw for game 5. If there was ever a time for him to come through, this is it. Meanwhile, the Sawx are going with "Mr. October" David Price in the potential final game of the year.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, I think it's safe to say that David Price has conquered his postseason demons, he was phenomenal tonight. The Sawx bats were relentless, as always, and Boston took home their 4th championship in 15 years.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Price is another guy who, once again, destroys the myth of the 'playoff choker'. It's a myth.  It's poppy****.

Also, I will do the following since Price won't. "HAHAHAHAHA. Suck it Toronto Blue Jays and your dumdum fans. Suck it Boston fans who treated him like ****.  Suck it to the all the 'experts' whoc claimed he sucked. IN YOUR DAMN FACES."

Price now joins Ovechkin and many others in the 'Playoff Choking Is A Myth Hall of Fame".

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm not sure about the whole playoff choker thing, but there is an expectation that the greatest players in the world can elevate their game when the stakes are highest. Kershaw is a HoF pitcher and will be remembered for being great, but he is also going to be remembered for not getting it done in the postseason. It's going to tarnish is legacy. Price, on the other hand, has improved his legacy with this run.

I never saw Ovechkin and a playoff underperformer. He has 117 points in 121 games.  

So.. now you attack Kershaw since Price laughs at the 'choker' nonsense.  I look forward to Kershaw possibly making that nonsense stop.

'Playoff choker' is non existent nonsense.  Anyone who gives it any sort of believe is  ignorant.Kershaw led the Giants to back to back World Series.

SUCK. IT. ANTI PRICERS.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think this Sawx team ranks among the greatest teams of the modern era. Their biggest weakness was a very suspect bullpen, but they got 108 regular season wins while playing in a division with another 100 win team. They had great starting pitching at the top of the rotation and one of the scariest lineups I have ever seen. They were a juggernaut.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸