That TV Topic

Blarghagh

She doesn't look younger than Eva Green though lol Hope she does good, looking forward to it.

Also...

Emma Watson would have made a great Ciri.

post-173997-0-10092200-1539237334_thumb.jpg

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

lolno

And who would you have liked as Ciri? The cat is not so dapper after all :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

The actresses are  "Freya" (cast as Ciri) and "Anya" (as Yennifer). Not only did Netflix finally decide not to change the character race and have a "multiracial" cast for the main characters, they cast white European actresses with the whitest names and looks possible. Have to say though, the casting is spot-on, exactly as the books described and the video game portrayed them.

P.S. Nevermind.   Cholotra is actually an INDIAN name - so is Anya.  After some research, I found out she is actually Indian ethnic.  Which means, Netflix actually cast an Indian actress who can pass for white.  Here is a video of her:

Chalotra is mixed, but I guess the one drop rule still applies?

Freya is a Scandinavian name. Anya seems to exist independently in a number of societies.

Is it just me or does the Yennefer actor look rather young? I always thought Yennefer had some sort of semi-milf-y touch.

That would be her character. Her looks were very young as most of sorceresses.

Is there any explanation in the books as to why sorceresses use magic to look smoking hot while mages dgaf or is it just "women need to take advantage of their looks to get to positions of power while men already are in such positions"?

520v8n.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree that hiring someone of this age for the role way younger is not too smart from nflix. I'm wondering what made them believe it was the best choice.

Not denying the actressess' charm, just absolutely logically thinking. Unless she is like Aniston:p

I really wish they step up their game for the future series, after going through lots of different series during my time on their platform I've had quite a few things i was a bit annoyed of.

Sometimes i feel like it's a complete chaos caused by different views of different people who work on production

I also think stories of witches are far more interestimg than stories of warlocks. Salem witch trial makes the warlock netherlight crucible look like child's play for example.

• Like 1

In the words of Geralt himself:

"Have Priscilla fill the role. In my book youth and good looks trump talent and experience."

When picking who to play the part of thr princess in the drama/theatre quest.

Finished the second season of the ReBoot reboot. In a revelation that shocked nobody in the history of ever the Sourcerer turns out ot be...

...the jock nerd's supposedly dead father. Which everyone who watched that clusterscrew of a show figred out in the first two minutes of the first episode.

Looks like during season 2 the showrunners figured out they were making dreck and just went with it. The cyberspace nonsene is so thick that the scriptwriters can't possibly wanted to be taken seriously. In one of the episodes the Department of Internet Security white hat hacker guy even said that the random bad guys showing up in the episode operate on the edges of the Deep Web where "data's hard to track".

Now that the shock of what this really is has abated I had loads of fun with this. For all the wrong reasons. It's easily in the so bad its good territory.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I think the only things I've seen Henry Cavill in are Immortals and the Superman stuff. At least that's all I remember.

Immortals was ludicrously awful yet for some reason I rather liked it in an over-the-top visual way, and it made me think Cavill would an ok Superman at least physically . But while Cavill has looks I don't get much on-screen charisma presence from him. I feel nothing when he's on-screen. There's nothing in his eyes. Just me tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think the only things I've seen Henry Cavill in are Immortals and the Superman stuff. At least that's all I remember.

Immortals was ludicrously awful yet for some reason I rather liked it in an over-the-top visual way, and it made me think Cavill would an ok Superman at least physically . But while Cavill has looks I don't get much on-screen charisma presence from him. I feel nothing when he's on-screen. There's nothing in his eyes. Just me tho.

He's been quoted saying that he's in it for the money.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmmm...

I doknow that Henry Cavill was a huge gamer way before he was Superman. In fact, when he got the call to confirm his role for Superman, he ignored it because he was playing World Of Warcraft.

I seem to remember that he was always a huge fan of the Witcher series, even owns the three games and books to boot. If I recall correctly, he tweeted to someone that his dream role was Geralt of Rivia and that he'd rather do that than Superman (this was before he quit Superman, guess he wasn't to happy with DC or WB).

Iron Fist has been cancelled

Seriously? After that finale?

Heroes for hire then? I don't care for Iron Fist himself but I want Colleen Wing.

Or Daughters of the Dragon with Colleen and Misty Knight teaming up.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I want Colleen Wing too :p

There are rumors that it might start again on Disney's streaming service but I don't think they'd start with the least popular series. Other rumor I've read is that they'll show up and continue their stories in the other shows but I doubt that as well.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Is there any explanation in the books as to why sorceresses use magic to look smoking hot while mages dgaf or is it just "women need to take advantage of their looks to get to positions of power while men already are in such positions"?

It's been some time since I read the books but sorcerers tweak their looks too, only if sorceresses aim to look hot and seductive, dudes (at least those who want to meddle in politics) go for impressive and dependable, what means looking like well-preserved fortyish-fiftyish.

Edited by bugarup

One Punch Man (anime) is leaving Netflix soon so I finally got around to checking it out a bit.

I'm not sure I'd call it a good anime but I did laugh like a loon during the first few episodes that I watched. It pokes fun at a lot of action anime tropes, especially power scaling, and oh man I was in stitches from many scenes. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts