That TV Topic

Blarghagh

I'm late to be aware of the news, but apparently F/X is going to do a limited series (10 episode) of Shogun? I'm not sure how I feel about that, if it ends up completed. On the one hand, I'd love a new mini-series based on that novel, with modern tech and actors and costumes. And 10 episodes could allow it to be something fairly epic. F/X has been doing all right with some of their series lately, too.  On the other hand, my pessimism always runs rampant and I can think of a zillion ways for them to totally mess it up. I'll be interested to see a cast list, when it forms.

The original 80's 5 episode mini-series of Shogun (not the truncated movie versions of it...) is still one of my fave things, along with the novel.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fx-orders-shogun-limited-series-1132074

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So like I've been saying, Darth Vader and another Star Wars tv show are debuting soon.

Like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the writing will be far higher quality than the original trilogy, the modern trilogy and the disney tril as well.

New light was shed on the tv show today.

The new Star Wars show will be called "The Mandalorian" and here's what was said... (Info on pic).

Also...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-live-action-star-wars-tv-show-is-called-the-mandalo-1829508890

post-173997-0-49054500-1538620277_thumb.jpg

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

THIS. IS. AMAZING.

The only thing that's lacking is the voice but, this show is on point!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Just finished watching the first episode of Vento Aureo, the anime adaptation of the 5th part of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Looks great, improved the introduction a lot from the original manga, and there's already meme material adapted into the first episode. Gonna be a gold experience for sure.

Also, I may have squealed slightly when i saw that WoT confirmation. Won't believe it until it's actually here, but at least it's all but certain to arrive now.

A Man In The High Castle... Essentially inspired by the likes Wolfenstein: The New Order with its alternative hostical setting (nazis win WWII and you witness the aftermath) and some janky references to the game.

Only the show, unlike the game, is very boring to mildly put it. So I decided to strike it off the list of interest.

You're probably aware of this, bu THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE is based on a 1962 novel.

• Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A Man In The High Castle... Essentially inspired by the likes Wolfenstein: The New Order with its alternative hostical setting (nazis win WWII and you witness the aftermath) and some janky references to the game.

Only the show, unlike the game, is very boring to mildly put it. So I decided to strike it off the list of interest.

It gets better in the second season.

Does anyone know how good the third one is?

sign.jpg

I didn't know but I kinda had figured in a way, it makes sense since Wolfenstein New Order was inspred by some novel by Philip something something but it's nice to see the Wolfenstein easter eggs in the show though - as if they were connected.

Actually, I've decided to give it another shot since I can't sleep. I'm watching it on Megabox as I type this since Amazon app is ridiculously unintuitive (the only thing I like about it is that it displays the actors/actresses when paused).

It's 4 in the morning, sleep hasn't been so kind to me lol

Looks kinda weird but kinda interesting. I guess it's a superhero comedy with dark humor.

• Like 1

Looks kinda weird but kinda interesting. I guess it's a superhero comedy with dark humor.

Ohhh, Its a Garth Ennis comic. I really wonder how they're going to adapt this one, is one my favorites.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Vulcan's realized early on that facial hair was a gateway drug to being evil.  Or a hipster.  Possibly both at the same time.

Clearly this new Spock violates accepted cannon and is evil or a hipster!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111onetwodooby-doo

Do I need to point out the intended jokiness of this?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man