That TV Topic

Blarghagh

According to a Forbes article the author doesn't care. I looked into it briefly but only found that the author spoke to the showrunner about it and supposedly approves.

Seems consistent with his attitude. Everything's fine so long as he gets paid. You can bet your bottom dollar there will be no statements from him either way, since he's still attached to the project.

I lol'd at the author bringing up how much support this has over in RetardEra to show that it's only the usual manbabies from gamergate rejecting it, considering that the place is a cesspool notorious for banning anyone who falls out of lockstep. Just about everywhere else this has been received at best with raised eyebrows.

I wonder if they have considered that making Ciri black means they must make elves black, because Ciri is a descendant of Lara Dorren's, or make Emhyr black, which will make the Black Ones literally black. Good times.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Everything's fine so long as he gets paid.

Words to live by :p

I wonder if they have considered that making Ciri black means they must make elves black, because Ciri is a descendant of Lara Dorren's, or make Emhyr black, which will make the Black Ones literally black. Good times.

You assume they'll care about such consistency.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everything's fine so long as he gets paid.

Words to live by :p

Oh, no doubt. I wasn't censuring him. Would that I had boatloads of cash delivered to me for nodding sagely regardless of how idiotic a proposal that I'm supposed to sign off on is.

Anyway, casting's over, they just found the perfect fit for Ciri's reimagined character:

4cdhxtfyw2l11.jpg

(lifted from reddit)

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It was a few years ago but in Buffy tVS spin off Angel there was a child of Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) and Connor (Vincent Kartheiser) played by Gina Torres,

As I recall, Gina Torres character, Jasmine, used Cordelia as a vessel to incarnate herself, so wasn't literally the child of Cordelia and Conner (but I could be mis-remembering, I haven't watched an episode of Angel since it aired).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sapkowski is a weird case. He is one of the most progressive and liberal writers in Poland and he is treated like a poster child for conservatives and nationalists. No wonder the guy likes to get drunk before noon  ;)

Found the original.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I personally don't buy into the hysteria as BAME is such a wide term they will probably come up with a girl I couldn't guess ancestry of without touching her breast.

I am hoping they pick a Hungarian woman, maybe there'll be some comedic pedantic bitching about that :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I personally don't buy into the hysteria as BAME is such a wide term they will probably come up with a girl I couldn't guess ancestry of without touching her breast.

That's a... somewhat odd thing to say. Is it a Polish idiom? And, most importantly, is it possible to learn this power?

As for the hysteria, personally I'm guessing they'll actually go for an Asian actress. Huge market, troop deployments ain't the only thing in the "pivot to Asia" and all that.

"It was a few years ago but in Buffy tVS spin off Angel there was a child of Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) and Connor (Vincent Kartheiser) played by Gina Torres, so I would not be surprised if White Emhyr would have black daughter."

She was a literal demon goddess. Who ended up being killed by her white 'father' with a punch through the face. Not a good example. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It was a few years ago but in Buffy tVS spin off Angel there was a child of Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) and Connor (Vincent Kartheiser) played by Gina Torres,

As I recall, Gina Torres character, Jasmine, used Cordelia as a vessel to incarnate herself, so wasn't literally the child of Cordelia and Conner (but I could be mis-remembering, I haven't watched an episode of Angel since it aired).

IIRC Gina Torres was used primarily because Firefly had just been cancelled- same for Fillion on BtVS. The whole situation was also rather weird and atypical though as apparently the writing/ production staff didn't know that Carpenter was pregnant until quite a way into the season.

Mostly though, yeah, she was an Old One or whatever. Being black was trumped somewhat by also being born as a 30 year old women of any colour.

So ended up binge watching the anime Sword Art Online, both season's one and two (plus the Sword Art Online

movie Ordinal-Scale). Now to just wait for Sword Art Online: Alicization (season 3) to launch sometime next month.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Anyways, nearing the end of Iron Fist season 2: Fist Harder. I like it a lot more than the first season which is rare for these Netflix Marvel shows but then again season 1 set the bar pretty low.

The second season of Iron Fist was definitely a pleasant surprise.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sapkowski doesn't give a **** about any this stuff if the money is right. I remember he only raged about the Witcher games, because he screwed himself over with selling the licenses for comparably little money to CD Project back when nobody cared. He probably assumed the games wouldn't lead to anywhere important.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Which would be a reasonable assumption. I don't think anyone would have predicted how well The Witcher series has done. The first game had a troubled development and as using an already outdated Aurora engine. CD Projekt seems to be using real witchcraft.

• Like 1

And with the announcemnts of the Emmy nominations.. HBO has lost it's 17-year run of being most nominated, as Netflix has achieved a total of 112 nominations this year to storm past and grab the title.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Man, Season 2 of the ReBoot reboot is coming out next week. I can't wait to see the, uhm... what's her face and what's his face and the other two and V'ger again. And the mom character. And the evil Sourceror who totally isn't jock-nerd's supposedly dead father who was in no way betrayed by whatever character Nicholas Lea played (because he's the kind of guy you cast for trustworthy characters, right Krycek?).

Wait was it the jock-nerd's father who died or the nerdy nerd's father? Damn.

I'm hoping this will be as bad as the first season. Becaue if it isn't then there's no reason to watch at all. ;(

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

https://twitter.com/andycosby/status/1042590479781572608

So a Diablo animated series. Better be 4 people fighting endlessly in tunnels while ignoring one another or it's Diablo in name only.

• Like 2