That TV Topic

Blarghagh

Unless they really massage the schedule I can't see Stewart being in every episode. He's pretty fit, but he is over 70 and doesn't need the money. Him shooting main character length for 22 episodes of the notoriously grueling US TV schedule is not likely. If he's a main character then an X Files type limited season is most likely, otherwise he'd likely be used mostly for framing narrative while featuring in the big episodes- more like Mitch Pileggi in the X Files than Duchovny/ Anderson.

In universe, Picard should be an Admiral and that also limits what he can realistically be doing week in week out. There's a reason why all the characters followed in TV trek have always been below flag rank.

BEST. ST. EVAR.

No, that was DS9

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

also Brent Spiner is confirmed for a role on CW's Supergirl this fall, would be a shame if, while he's at it, Data doesn't reunite with Picard, say, after receiving an aesthetic aging program to compliment the emotion chip, still fully functional, obvs

and Deanna, please, and Worf, Geordi ... I have his autograph, don't wake me from this dream

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorn were in it since it could be the long rumoured (maybe pitched is more appropriate, since Dorn was pretty vocal about wanting it) Captain Worf series. That would also fit a hypothetical Admiral Picard role for Stewart where he could be as prominent or absent episode to episode as he wanted to be.

An aging Picard is aided by Worf while both are on the run from a secretly Romulan run cabal in the Federation that is hunting down everyone who'd ever been on the Enterprise so they can harvest their DNA, make clones of them spliced with Khan's dna and create the ultimate battle starfleet.

:shifty:

Unless they really massage the schedule I can't see Stewart being in every episode. He's pretty fit, but he is over 70 and doesn't need the money. Him shooting main character length for 22 episodes of the notoriously grueling US TV schedule is not likely. If he's a main character then an X Files type limited season is most likely, otherwise he'd likely be used mostly for framing narrative while featuring in the big episodes- more like Mitch Pileggi in the X Files than Duchovny/ Anderson.

In universe, Picard should be an Admiral and that also limits what he can realistically be doing week in week out. There's a reason why all the characters followed in TV trek have always been below flag rank.

I doubt it'd do more than 13 episodes and more than likely be more like 6 or 7, I'd think.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Picard should be the main star. PERIOD. I like Worf but Picard greater than all.

The Captain Worf series was a separate pitch that Michael Dorn was trying to get going for the past 5 or 6 years

dc58613614532651d65a82f1715e3b5a.png

Sorry, I couldn't help myself with this pic. Was my favorite part of Ted 2

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

"The Captain Worf series was a separate pitch that Michael Dorn was trying to get going for the past 5 or 6 years"

I'd watch a Captain Worf series.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Here's a link with some info on it.

sorry, but the only thing we can think 'bout when considering mid-sixties dorn reprising worf for a role is the following:

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I always found Worf's character boring. But I really wasn't into the whole ST:TNG Klingon thing. I liked the old Klingon's better, and I don't just mean the makeup. A new series with Patrick sometimes being in it would be interesting however.

Picard songs - those are both classics at this point. The past 5-6 years, excluding game soundtracks, I think 1/5th of my favorite  songs have been silly parody things like that. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Make it so.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I did enjoy Early Edition back in the day...

Although I never managed to catch the last season of it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm hoping for the Captain Worf series as well but mostly I'm just happy that they stopped with the prequel nonsense. Of course I say all this now, innocent and full of hope, waiting for them to give Picard the TLJ Luke treatment.

I'm really worried about that. The captain himself said that he was changed by events in the past 20 years (seems like the show is set roughly 20 years after Star Trek: Nemesis) and that the ideas they have are different - and not nearly as talky.

In other words, bad news for people who thought First Contact's Picard was way out of character (it was - still liked the film though, it's pretty much my Star Trek guilty pleasure). :(

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I am going to speak for you all whether you like it or not...

Never have we heard a more engaging or uplifting speech from a hollywood flounder. This was just beautiful.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I agree so much with this!!

• Like 1

Okay lmao

Just another white woman culturally appropriating black culture. EVIL.

Technically, Cassandra Cain was never Batwoman, afaik. Wiki says; Batgirl, Black Bat and Orphan.

Technically, the whole Cassandra Cain thing is one of the fairly convoluted arcs out there. It started quite well, ran through the Batman No Man's Land, and the Bruce Wayne in jail for murder thing. Then it started to go a wee bit weird from what I recall.

Batwoman was actually Katherine Kane, and she was a white girl, so fairly different from Cassandra Cain.  Some people got confused there on which was which...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Anyone (including Cassandra Cain) is just a second rate Batgirl compared to te real deal: Barbara Gordon. I'd much rather have a tv series/movie on her journey of life than anyone else. It was be pretty awesome to see how she becomes Batgirl, fights crime and then becomes Oracle and helps other heroes throughout seasons.

But yeah, very much looking forward to seein' Ruby Rose as a DC character, kudos to DC for casting her. She'll be perfect for it.