That TV Topic

Blarghagh

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is getting a reboot.

Creators don't have any plans, no idea about anything in the show. Except that they have to race swap the lead. Great start for a disaster.

Yeah. I wish they'd just use the universe to tell someone else's story. That would be awesome.

You know what really bothers me about rebooting old stuff with a PoC cast? It's a hand-me-down. As if PoC actors weren't good enough to get new franchises. Same goes for comics, and I don't even read those. I'm more of a cartoon person.

• Like 1

I remember enjoying the hell out of Farscape, how is Star Trek compared to a series like Farscape?

You could try Stargate SG-1. Ben Bowder and Claudia Black even ended up there after Farscape. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

On that whole, well, it might be making some progress...

The Wheel of Time - What we know:

Network: Amazon Prime Video
Production Studio - Sony Pictures Television
Production Company - Radar Pictures
Show Runner - Rafe Judkins
Executive Producers - Ted Field, Mike Weber, Darren Lemke, Red Eagle
Consulting Producer - Harriet McDougal

And Rafe Judkins has been tweeting a few comments and pictures about developing the Show Bible and making the beginning of scriptwriting..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been rewatching TOS for a while now. The odd episode every now and then.

There are a lot of people who think Spock's Brain is the worst TOS episode. Maybe even the worst of Trek - although that is, in my opionion, a tie between Threshold for sheer badness and These Are The Voyages... for the sheer unfairness of turning the Enterprise finale into a TNG episode tie-in (regardless of the overall quality of Enterprise).

But no, no. The worst episode of TOS is The Alternative Factor. It's dumb, it looks stupid and for the most part makes less sense than Jar Jar's Kelvin Trek. I'd rather watch Profit and Lace on a loop than that. Gah.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Another phenomenal Sonic show appears!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer is getting a reboot.
Creators don't have any plans, no idea about anything in the show. Except that they have to race swap the lead. Great start for a disaster. "

It says a lot about what their goal is for this series. They ain't interested in making a great show but pushing politics. Which si funny since Buffy is a show about 'girl power' yet it didn't come across as anti male (despite the u8ber anti female big bad in S7 or even the 3 geeks in S6). Can you imagine how hat is handled in 2018?

"You know what really bothers me about rebooting old stuff with a PoC cast? It's a hand-me-down. As if PoC actors weren't good enough to get new franchises."

Yup.

P.S. I watch =plenty of shows that have black leads and find them great. But stop the silliness. It insults everybody.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

*passes out*

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason — to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer is getting a reboot.

Creators don't have any plans, no idea about anything in the show. Except that they have to race swap the lead. Great start for a disaster. "

It says a lot about what their goal is for this series. They ain't interested in making a great show but pushing politics. Which si funny since Buffy is a show about 'girl power' yet it didn't come across as anti male (despite the u8ber anti female big bad in S7 or even the 3 geeks in S6). Can you imagine how hat is handled in 2018?

"You know what really bothers me about rebooting old stuff with a PoC cast? It's a hand-me-down. As if PoC actors weren't good enough to get new franchises."

Yup.

P.S. I watch =plenty of shows that have black leads and find them great. But stop the silliness. It insults everybody.

Supposedly it's not going to be a reboot, that was just the assumption made by pretty much everyone in the press; it's going to be a new series in the same universe. Which at least makes a modicum of sense.

It'll still likely either be garbage, or canned before actual production like Xena and various other 'reboots'.

Edited by Zoraptor

I'm doubly excited, finally new non-prequel or off brand Trek and Jean Luc is back.

I still need to know what happened to Robin Lefler.

tumblr_inline_mqzonnOuZe1qz4rgp.jpg

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

For a moment I was scared he would get a role in Discovery, but them making a completely new show is god damn awesome.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

also Brent Spiner is confirmed for a role on CW's Supergirl this fall, would be a shame if, while he's at it, Data doesn't reunite with Picard, say, after receiving an aesthetic aging program to compliment the emotion chip, still fully functional, obvs

and Deanna, please, and Worf, Geordi ... I have his autograph, don't wake me from this dream

All Stop. On Screen.

For a moment I was scared he would get a role in Discovery, but them making a completely new show is god damn awesome.

I'm actually a bit shocked they opted for something new, but maybe they realized putting him into Discovery would be taken cynically and both fan groups would be underwhelmed.

"It'll still likely either be garbage, or canned before actual production like Xena and various other 'reboots'."

They cancelled the Xena one?   I had mixed feelings on that one too since they seemed to be on the 'must do SJW stuff no matter what'. btw, I'm also anti many of the 'stay your white lane' remakes too because they suck ala McGuyver. A lot of the reamkes/reboots/continuations don't rally get what made this shows popular in the first place.

Buffy wasn't beloved because of a 'feminist agenda'. It was beloved because it was HELLA entertaining with good 'monsters of the week', entertaining stories, and great acting (and good showcases for that acting). The fact it had a female lead and underlying it was 'girl power' was irrelevant even if some p-eople praised it ONLY for that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's not as good as the original Let It Go but relevant to the current convo so why not..

And I seem to faintly remember a group of carolers dressed up as carolers singing....

Hmmm... Any objections? No, thought not :)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

also Brent Spiner is confirmed for a role on CW's Supergirl this fall, would be a shame if, while he's at it, Data doesn't reunite with Picard, say, after receiving an aesthetic aging program to compliment the emotion chip, still fully functional, obvs

and Deanna, please, and Worf, Geordi ... I have his autograph, don't wake me from this dream

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorn were in it since it could be the long rumoured (maybe pitched is more appropriate, since Dorn was pretty vocal about wanting it) Captain Worf series. That would also fit a hypothetical Admiral Picard role for Stewart where he could be as prominent or absent episode to episode as he wanted to be.

I'm hoping for the Captain Worf series as well but mostly I'm just happy that they stopped with the prequel nonsense. Of course I say all this now, innocent and full of hope, waiting for them to give Picard the TLJ Luke treatment.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21