That TV Topic

Blarghagh

What's funny is that this is the same channel that has  a talk show where the hosts bash an entire religion, mock races, and attack little children.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The increasing chilling on speech and the continuous rise of perpetually offended is going to yield uglier and uglier things should it continue. Unfortunately it seems like we're still pushing that petal ever closer to the metal as a society. The cliffs be yonder!!

Do you have the rise of the perpetually offended without the rise of celebrities posting self-important garbage on social media?

The increasing chilling on speech and the continuous rise of perpetually offended is going to yield uglier and uglier things should it continue. Unfortunately it seems like we're still pushing that petal ever closer to the metal as a society. The cliffs be yonder!!

Do you have the rise of the perpetually offended without the rise of celebrities posting self-important garbage on social media?

Probably not, as the shallow thinking perpetually offended tend to look up to celebrities. We didn't get here without some propaganda leading us here, and celebrities are oft a favorite tool of those who would mold the minds of the masses.

• Like 1

You mean like Justin Bieber is actually a government plant meant to undermine the second amendment to the point where people stay docile when the government comes for their arms... and later themselves? :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

You mean like Justin Bieber is actually a government plant meant to undermine the second amendment to the point where people stay docile when the government comes for their arms... and later themselves? :p

More X-Files Season 11, just watched this Season's Darin Morgan episode and it's... pure gold. Quite possibly the best episode he's written yet.

As long as they make one episode per season like that I don't care how crappy the mytharc is or how lame the other episodes are. Moar plx.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

More X-Files Season 11, just watched this Season's Darin Morgan episode and it's... pure gold. Quite possibly the best episode he's written yet.

As long as they make one episode per season like that I don't care how crappy the mytharc is or how lame the other episodes are. Moar plx.

Good to know. I couldn't get through Episode 1 of the new season. The overarching story has gone to 100% pure poo, but I loved the one offs last seasons.

So, my wife started watching this CW show, Riverdale? What the hell is this ****? They took the characters from Archie comics - and I don't mean characters LIKE them, the actual gang from Archie Comics: Jughead, Betty & Veronica, Josie and the Cats... - and they're looking at the seedy underbelly of small town culture as a backdrop to a murder mystery as some kind of awful, soapy parody of Twin Peaks. This is the worst crap I've ever seen. :lol:

It was developed by the same guy who gave us AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE in comic form (Hot Dog is ran over by Reggie, so Jughead forces Sabrina to bring him back from the dead, which unleashes a Zombie plague on Riverdale and Sabrina can't help because she's been whisked off to be the bride of Satan).

That said while AFTERLIFE is a fun comic, everything I've seen in trailers for Riverdale leaves me nonplussed.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That sounds fun, this is overdramatic nonsense. The closest thing to it is like if you took 'The Magicians' and take out the magic. Or 'Arrow' without the superheroics. Essentially, it's a CW show without the redeeming features. :lol:

I also binged season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet. That is neither as gross, clever or funny as it should be but it is gross, clever and funny enough for me to watch it while doing busywork. Nathan Fillion's recurring role in the second season is the best.

Supposedly Andrew Lincoln (Rick on Walking Dead) will be leaving and will only be in half the episodes next season. I wonder if the show will survive that. Not that I care, I finally stopped watching that yo-yo ride of a show not long after Neegan showed up. The actress playing Maggie could leave as well, she won't be in all episodes either (contract disputes maybe).

So Norman Reedus could end up the front-runner. I'm not sure that would work. He's a good side chr. but leading man material he's not. Time to cancel that show? :p

I hear Fear the Walking Dead improved over time....has it really? Maybe I should take a peek at it again one day.

Nathan Fillion has a new show coming out where he is a 40-year old rookie cop. I'll probably give it a watch.

Same but it may take a while before I stop referring to him as Castle

He's still Mal to me.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Supposedly Andrew Lincoln (Rick on Walking Dead) will be leaving and will only be in half the episodes next season. I wonder if the show will survive that. Not that I care, I finally stopped watching that yo-yo ride of a show not long after Neegan showed up. The actress playing Maggie could leave as well, she won't be in all episodes either (contract disputes maybe).

So Norman Reedus could end up the front-runner. I'm not sure that would work. He's a good side chr. but leading man material he's not. Time to cancel that show? :p

I hear Fear the Walking Dead improved over time....has it really? Maybe I should take a peek at it again one day.

Nathan Fillion has a new show coming out where he is a 40-year old rookie cop. I'll probably give it a watch.

Same but it may take a while before I stop referring to him as Castle

He's still Mal to me.

Fear the Walking dead is pretty good all of a sudden. I didn't really liked it up until close to the end of season 3, but the new episodes of season 4 are mostly top and made me feel things I haven't felt in the Walking Dead in years.

Started rewatching season 1 of The Expanse. Damn I forgot so much about it already... which makes sense, since I actually did find the first two or three episodes to be kinda boring. I'm not having that problem right now, probably because I already know the characters and know who's important and who isn't really.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Andrew Lincoln leaving Walking Dead is probably ultimately due to what happened with Chandler Riggs getting the chop because AMC didn't want to pay him adult rates. If they're willing to pay Reedus 20 million they'd surely have offered Lincoln that to keep him, so it ain't the money. Lauren Cohen is supposedly going as well. It probably is the time for the show to end really, it's been run into the ground creatively and no Rick and no Carl leaves almost no room for any evolution which couldn't be done via a new show. Frankly, they haven't found replacements character wise for Glenn or Abraham yet, the idea of them trying to replace Rick, Maggie and Carl inside a season is not a pretty one.

The main problem with FtWD is that it's so obviously the B show. Hence the nonsensical shift of Morgan to it, and the squandering of its premise as the interesting part of the unfolding zombie apocalypse- the collapse of society- happened off screen as they didn't want to spend the money to show it despite it supposedly being its reason for existence as a show. It's been better than the main show since late season 2 (specifically Travis going Jake the Muss on the two tourists who probably killed his son) but that's also coincided with the main show really showing its flaws.

Okay, this might amuse a few people, especially those who are all GoT or WoT fans.

I recently read a chinese xuanxia called Desolate Era - which is apparently hugely popular, but as written, is about 2400+ chapters long.

The story follows a man who died young, but with great karma and who gets reincarnated but due to "reasons" his memory didn't get wiped. It then follows his journey to immortality and beyond over the course of an excessive number of years.

The Chinese.. have now turned it into a tv show. Hows that for impressive? I'd say that's dedication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osmmuo3duqM

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."