That TV Topic

Blarghagh

Sup? Any TV shows you're watching, anticipating, thinking about? Talk about it here.

The Joel McHale show on Netflix has a great end credit song.

https://www.projections.io/clip/5a89aece0b339346e8c4dca8

Good news, everyone! I don't have to cut anyone... :lol:

'The Expanse' Returns April 11 for Season 3.

Rewatching Babylon 5. I've never been a huge fan of Star Trek or Star Wars. B5 has always been my Star [noun].

• Like 23

I recently watched a good series "Liar" starring Ioan Gruffudd and Joanne Froggatt. A story of a guys reputation and personal life being destroyed by false accusation.

Have you finished it yet?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've been rewatching ENT for a while now. Started two months before Discovery first aired I had planned to at least see ENT and TOS before STD started but... that didn't work out due to me getting stuck in ENT's second season for a long time.

Considering how STD turned out I'm glad I didn't bother brushing up on this era's Trek timeline (iI mean not because I don't like TOS but  STD wouldn't have been worth the effort to push through ENT's dreadful start). Still, I now managed to pass season 2 and ended up binging the third season. It's a pity the show got the axe just when it became interesting to watch. I'm looking forward to season 4 (well except the opening two parter, dear god) but I dread the end. ENT had the worst ending of any Trek show and it ranks high up there with all the worst TV show endings ever.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

That TV Topic

I expected to see a lively discussion about all the cool new OLED screens or something. I was disappointed.  :shifty:

I don't think I mentioned this one yet:

Have been slowly watching the "Electric Dreams" anthology series on Amazon - they're based on Philip K ****'s stuff. The great thing about anthology series is you can skip around to any episode since there's no continuity issues. So I've only watched the ones with the well known actors in them, so far - Steve Buscemi, Bryan Cranston, Greg Kinnear. They range from ok to pretty good, but most of the appeal was from the actor vs. material. Supposedly the best episodes are ones I haven't watched yet but overall I'd say it's watchable, or at least some episodes are. It's nowhere near as good as Black Mirror, but it passes the time well enough if you have nothing else to watch and don't want story-commitment.

I hope more anthology series are made now and then, vs. being almost totally forgotten. No one will ever beat original Twilight Zone but they can keep on trying.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I saw they got Michael Des Barres to do a turn in the new MacGyver. Now that's a call back, the original crazy assassin Murdoc, as played by a European Marquis.

Now I'm tempted to actually watch the episode out of sheer curiosity.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Happened upon a rerun marathon of a show called "Mountain Monsters". At first I thought it was one of those dumb "finding bigfoot" type shows and was about to switch, but then I realized it's actually a very convincing parody of such shows and now it's cracking me up.

Been working my way through the Blue Planet II episodes.

That wonderful mix of David Attenborough's sincere enthusiasm for everything he's talking about, some amazingly glorious shots, interesting marine biology, and some hit you in the heart moments (Note, whale mother holding her baby close, weeks after it had died and refusing to let it go).

The last 10 minutes of each episode is a "Here's how we did it" with behind the scenes stuff on filming and tracking wildlife in the depths of the oceans.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Future Man season 1

A decent comedy show and it did have surprising amounts of character development especially for Wolf. The "James Cameron" episode was my favourite.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ghost Wars NETFLIX

Made it halfway through EP01, But couldn't take anymore. It's like the script is written by some fan fiction author, the actors are just bad and the SFX are hokey.

AFAIK the premise is, this small town is cursed by the mother of the psychic protagonist. It starts off with a bus crash that kills everyone except the protagonist, but by the halfway mark, I kinda wished he had succumbed to the crash as well and this didn't make it past the pilot episode.

Edited by Fiach

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

I can recommend The Good Place. Without spoilers, it's a comedy about a basic bitch who "accidentally" gets sent to the Good Place instead of the Bad Place. I really enjoyed the humor. The first season is awesome. The second season is not as good but still watchable.

(Sorry, I'd attach a trailer, but my internet is so damn slow at the moment that it's not worth the effort)

• Like 1

Mystery person is Dr. Smith.  In the original show, Dr. Smith was a reluctant stowaway - the Robinsons didn't know about him.

Not terribly excited over the look of the 'Robot'.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes, the original robot was part of the ship; Dr. Smith sabotaged it to try to destroy the ship (but in so doing, accidentally trapped himself on the ship). 

In the Episode, "The Mechanical Men", however, it is implied that the Robot may have been built using alien technology (the same technology used for the Mechanical Men) which could also explain some of the unusual abilities B-9 shows throughout the series (although you could handwave most of that by saying "advanced technology", the coincidence of the Mechanical Man remained unresolved, despite The Robot saying it knew why the robots looked like him.)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tried to watch Homeland a couple years ago but stopped after season 1. It really didn't stick with me at all and I thought it was stupid.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Tried to watch Homeland a couple years ago but stopped after season 1. It really didn't stick with me at all and I thought it was stupid.

Yeah, I understand that, it took me most of season one before I got into it, just starting season 2 now.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Jessica Jones Jessica Jones Jessica Jones Jessica Jones!

Season 1 is my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe anything.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."