Politics Princess' Sweet Sixteen

Blarghagh

On Twitter, Kosovo’s deputy prime minister Enver Hoxhaj

I thought he was Albanian and dead.

And a dirty commie.

At least Djuric will likely be returned with all his organs intact, that's pretty rare for when Serbs are kidnapped in Kosovo.

Expulsions are always political and they're always reciprocated, asking where to close is just trolling and nothing else. Russian embassies troll very frequently, admittedly it's extremely easy for them to do so considering how eminently triggerable and credulous the average westerner is. Only question is whether the reciprocation will be absolute equivalence or proportionate- and proportionate would be worse. The UK expelling 23 Russians was 40% of their staff, Russia expelling 23 Brits was considerably less than 40% of theirs. Most countries (including the US) have way more diplomats in Russia than the reverse, hence Russia expelling 755 (!) US diplomats last time to bring the numbers back to even.

One would not want to speculate on why there are so many more diplomats in Russia than the reverse, but I'm sure it's 100% innocent and none of them carry out activities outside their station.

The only surprising thing is the attempt to do expulsions from the UN by the US, which is on extremely dodgy footing. Time to move the UN to Switzerland or make its territory fully non national.

The only place where it'd truly be non-national would be Antarctica or in international waters. Sure, Switzerland is good with the neutrality, but even they have their own geopolitical dealings.

Quote of the day: "Stormy Daniels didn't vote for Trump and only had sex with him once. If you vote for him he screws you multiple times"

-Ann Coulter

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Lough is a native of Camden, South Carolina, and a graduate of both Dartmouth and the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Clown College"

That's quite impressive though not as impressive as Yale and Bartending school or Harvard and Auctioneering school or Princeton and an internship at the Doll Hospital

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

More seriously, he believes as a whitey he should talk for all black people because they are so incompetent they can't speak for themselves... despite them having many black repsentative sin the public eye including having a black president for 8 years. Talk about racism.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

More seriously, he believes as a whitey he should talk for all black people because they are so incompetent they can't speak for themselves... despite them having many black repsentative sin the public eye including having a black president for 8 years. Talk about racism.

Show me where he actually said that.

I did get a kick out of that Hogg kid complaining about the clear back packs the school makes them use now. He said they were a violation of the kids First Amendment rights. I bet his American Government teach cringed when he read that. It's actually a violation of the 4th amendment rights except they tend to be mitigated the moment you walk into a place like a school. 

The other comment he made on the backpacks was something about punishing people who had done no wrong. I find the irony of that from a guy who wants to take away semi-auto weapons from people who have done no wrong amusing. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The kid is racist. And, delusional.

Proof?

Why did you have to ask? :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The absence of evidence of a conspiracy IS evidence of a conspiracy!  :lol:

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Hogg represent the fear and uncertainty that comes over the weak and helpless. He is young, not independent, hasn't really studied the history of how many laws came to be and the reality of policy quagmires.

I think it's clear he is an exposed nerve after what he went through, a bit drunk off the notoriety, and is trying to turn himself into a rallying point with his identity as a student victim. It's also clear that he is not a crisis-actor, but media is certainly editing how he is framed and is playing him like a trump card.

• Like 2

In defense of Hogg, Emma Gonzalez, that blonde, what's her name, they are all kids. They are 17 years old. They have never been anywhere, they have never done anything, and they don't know anything. You hand a kid like that a microphone and there is a 99.9% chance they will say something an older and more experienced and educated person will find dumb no matter how impassioned they are. Because of that they probably are not experienced and savvy enough to see their cause is likely to be hijacked by the professional political class.

These kids are not asking for the complete prohibition of firearms and the repeal of the 2nd amendment. The goals they are asking for are mostly (not entirely) attainable. But there are people using and even co-opting them who DO want that. And that has made the kids the target of some harsh-to-the-point-of-stupidity comments from other people who oppose those people. Just like that the kids are pawns on a chessboard.

As much as I find some of the things they are saying foolish I am also sympathetic to them. They have something to say and they are getting together and saying it. Nothing wrong with that at all even if i disagree with it. Who isn't an idealist at 17? What they don't know is that they have walked into a rats nest where larger and uglier rats are fighting and trying to use them as weapons against each other.

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

"As much as I find some of the things they are saying foolish I am also sympathetic to them."

Of course, one can have sympathy for what they went through but  that shouldn't stop pointing out  when they are wrong. And, stop with the '17 year old kid' nonsense. We were 17 once. Being 17 doesn't make you any more stupid than adults as evidenced by the numerous stupid adults that exist. L0L

The goal is to stop school shootings so  raising the age minimum of legal gun purchaerts will not accomplish that at all. It is meaningless much like the US minimum for drinking. Anyone who thinks riaisng the gun minimum age to 21 will stop even one  mass shooting  schools is wrong. PERIOD.Also, some of the kids who suffered through the same thing are being censored and attacked as well for being 'pro gun' and 'pro amendment' right since they don't have the 'correct' opinion.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As far as age is concerned, you can't really knock someone young for indignation, ignorance, or arrogance in the same way you can an adults. Of course many adults are worse, it's just that you can knock them for it in the fullest sense.

The other thing to realize is that an outstanding youth often pales in comparison to the pragmatic wisdom that an outstanding adult develops. I wish more people that agree with David Hogg in the general sense, reach out to him to him and use the chance to inject some pragmatism into the dialogue. Because Hogg represents what most of the American youth is like, and if they can see an adult helping to direct the frustration down to the level of actionable tasks, then I think we can move beyond this whole spinning of wheels that the media prefers to revel in. Modern political movements largely revolve around elective revolutions which either results in incompetent people too strident to do any good, or too pragmatic to not be later burned by an idealistic base. If the pragmatic side of politics was more visible out in the media I think people would be less anxious and desperate in their approach.

The mass walks that we see these days are more than anything a means of bypassing the failures of media, but then the irony seeps back in when most people only see those protests through the very same media.

• Like 3